ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Other MMO Games > Atlantica Online > Atlantica Online Questions & Answers

Grand Fantasia
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Grand Fantasia

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
02-26-2009   #1 (permalink)
Bleughhh
Games
Grand ChaseElswordLeague of LegendsEden Eternal

Kenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant future
IGN: Kenzor
Default how's my future formation?

swordsman/(beast trainer or lady knight)/spartan
inventor/artilleryman/witch
shaman (main)/monk/prophet

im also thinking of putting an exorcist somewhere in there, but im not sure which class i should replace

and i cant decide what to do with my beast trainer, right now shes lvl 42 and im not liking her that much :s (but that might be because im fighting lvl 60 monsters D: )

and question on prophet: what advancement stage do i have to be for concentration? and can it be used even if the melee mercenaries have holy guard on?

oh and how's my current formation?

Swordsman (52) / Beast Trainer (42) / Spearman (49)
Gunner (52) / Artilleryman (51) / Archer (52)
Shaman Main (58) / Witch (41) / Monk (49)

im thinking of replacing spearman with exorcist because my spearman is always the first to die and im sick of it lightning spear misses 99% of the time too and i would benefit alot more from exorcist's skills

Last edited by Kenzor; 02-26-2009 at 05:25 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
02-26-2009   #2 (permalink)
Lazy Lurkin'
Special
Games
Atlantica OnlineDofusTrickster OnlineRift: Planes of Telara

Javier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Javier
IGN: Ripchord
Class: Commando

It looks great except you should replace the swordman with an exorcist, because the AP buff will really help with your shaman and witch's AP usage.

Also, I know people love Artys but really they're pretty squishy. I'd go for a cannoneer instead, who has much better tanking ability, and pretty high Ap regen. And you can still keep up the stun pressure. Or a Janissary (which I haven't tried using yet), but everyone says it deals insane damage

It's the nature of my circuitry.

02-27-2009   #3 (permalink)
Bleughhh
Games

Kenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant future

but... but... i really like deep insight D: 200 dmg to all enemies 3 times ;_;

02-27-2009   #4 (permalink)
Isn't it obvious?

DrScribbles is on a distinguished road
IGN: Vivaladel/Scribbles
Class: Staff/Musician
Guild: Luminous/Abyssal

Could always make a cannon main alt later? o:

I actually suggest watching high-division FL battles and see whatworks well for what you want to accomplish. It's always good to ask, but I personally never know if something will work for me until I have my hands on it, but insights are always helpful. (Even if people don't always believe them.)
It won't hurt though, you get prizes for watching battles now anyways :3
*Scribbles lv. 61 Musi. [DELETED]
[Retired: Trickster Online, Jewelia]
*LoonyExE lv. 193 Cyber Hunter
*Tenne Lv. 200 Gambler [DELETED]
*iKismet Lv. 210 Wizard
*Riddlez Lv. 210 Champion
Help me find a new MMO?

Last edited by DrScribbles; 02-27-2009 at 12:19 PM.

02-27-2009   #5 (permalink)
VIP

Tamiki will become famous soon enough

for your future formation, I would:

-switch swordsman for a exo
-replace inventor for a elementalist
-and choose BT over LK imo

02-28-2009   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special
Games
AionAll Point Bulletin (APB)Asheron's CallAtlantica Online
Awards Retired Forum Operations Staff

Theosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Theosis

If you're going to get a BT, I'd put Witch on front row and BT behind it, because BT is weak to magic attacks. When Witch is getting low hp, switch BT to front.

If you're going to PvP alot, I'd suggest getting an Exo for sure, they're pretty much necessary for PvP now.

And also, just a heads up. A Spartan costs a TON of money to get and then upgrade. My Spartan costed me about 750m with full upgrades and maxed War Cry.

Name Changes: Please check if usernames are available before requesting by typing this in your address bar:
http://ggftw.com/forum/members/username_wanted_here.html
Steam Account - doobie15
Battle.net Account - Theosis#1417
Guild Wars 2 IGN - Theosis.8752

03-01-2009   #7 (permalink)
Bleughhh
Games

but... if i put my witch in front, she'll get hit by those magic attacks that can only hit the front row (like the self destruct one) and die easily T_T

ive got an exo now(replaced spear) at lvl 33, and im currently liking him, his speed cast really helps my mages

when i get spartan, i dont plan on upgrading like mad since im not much of a pvper, ill just take it slowly and if i need money to get any items for the quest, ill just farm mercenary quests

03-01-2009   #8 (permalink)
ビリビリ
Games
Sword 2Trickster OnlineDungeon Fighter OnlineEmil Chronicle Online
Awards Pervert Award

Fineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud of

The witch has a ton of magic defense, so that's actually a good thing. She almost always takes less damage proportionately from magic than any melee class.

03-03-2009   #9 (permalink)
Bleughhh
Games

i tried putting witch in front and beast trainer behind and i still dont like it, i just fought with a minotaur king and because my witch is flying, my 2nd row was in danger from being attacked ._.

03-03-2009   #10 (permalink)
Squirtle Squirtle
Games
Guild Wars 2Trickster OnlineAtlantica Online
Awards Facebook Fan

boomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really nice
IGN: Boomsticky
Class: Guardian lt_guardian
Level: 80

Well, if you're going to put a witch in front, make sure it's in the corners, followed by a suitable tank in the middle. What happened to you Kenzor is normal, since the witch is a flying-type, allowing physical attacks toward your 2nd row. One of the goals of this formation is that to spread out damage from the front, especially with axe attacks.

03-09-2009   #11 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Leenalia has a spectacular aura aboutLeenalia has a spectacular aura about
IGN: Viola
Class: Rena to_librarian
Level: 60
Guild: PrinnyMages

I kinda don't want to make another thread to ask this, so I'm going to ask this here.

My current party formation is as follows"

[FRONT]
Swordsman(50) Viking(50) Spearman(50)
Artillery(48) Sniper(50) ArcherMain(52)
BeastTamer(30) Monk(45) Shaman(49)
[BACK]

I just got Beast Tamer, so that's why she's a lower level. However, I asked my guild members on who I should replace for Witch once I reach level 60, and they gave me different answers. Me personally, I want to get rid of the Swordsman for my Witch, and move my BeastTamer to where the Swordsman is now. I really don't like the Swordsman (he's ugly), and I'd prefer a better melee character than the Swordsman. Eventually, I would like to recruit an Elementalist, that female Pirate, Lady Knight(maybe) and Exorcist. I already have my future formation in mind already, but for now, my guild members say to kick Viking from my party, to kick Monk from my party, or to kick Artillery for my Witch. So what should I do?

03-09-2009   #12 (permalink)
Squirtle Squirtle
Games
Guild Wars 2Trickster OnlineAtlantica Online
Awards Facebook Fan

boomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really nice
IGN: Boomsticky
Class: Guardian lt_guardian
Level: 80

Hmmm:

- Replacing your Swordman for a Witch is okay since your BT will later substitute the lack of physical damage.
- I wouldn't replace your monk since it's very essential in a party.
- You could replace your Viking, but only if you can handle the lack of Freezing Axe. Unless, you have some distaste of your Viking.
- You could replace your Artillery if you can live without Deep Insight and cross AoE.

If these were your only choices, I would personally substitute your swordman, spearman, or sniper, assuming your party can handle it. I recommend preparing a merc. room slot so you can swap mercenaries and see what will meet your preferences.

03-09-2009   #13 (permalink)
ビリビリ
Games
Sword 2Trickster OnlineDungeon Fighter OnlineEmil Chronicle Online
Awards Pervert Award

Fineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud of

Personally, I would kick the spearman. He's a relatively squishy tank, and lightning spear isn't very useful by itself. Viking is handier, and you should always have a monk (especially if you plan on having a low mdef front line). If you don't go for stuns very much Arties are only good for DI, so it's a matter of how much you value that.

Lady Knight is better than swordsman (imo) so you can always get rid of his ugly mug that way.

03-09-2009   #14 (permalink)
Bleughhh
Games

i'd replace ur spearman when u get witch, swordsman makes a nice tank

03-11-2009   #15 (permalink)
Isn't it obvious?

This is now the official "How's my [future] Formation?" thread. >_> It seems most this section is full of them.

I'll ask about my musician later. :B I'm fooling around with her formation.
*iKismet Lv. 210 Wizard
Help me find a new MMO?

03-11-2009   #16 (permalink)
Lazy Lurkin'
Special
Games

Javier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud of

^Lol, yeah it has :3

Too Leenalia: Since you have some kind of stunning midline going on there with your archer, gunner and arti... I guess I'd agree with Fineti and say kick the spearman for the witch.

03-11-2009   #17 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Leenalia has a spectacular aura aboutLeenalia has a spectacular aura about
IGN: Viola
Class: Rena to_librarian
Level: 60
Guild: PrinnyMages

But the spearman is SEXY! *drools*.....fine, I'll kick him =) We'll see how that works out.

03-12-2009   #18 (permalink)
Isn't it obvious?

I just got my witch... so far she's /raeg to train. ._.;

My musician has a pretty quirky build so far. At Level 50 I'm going to have her set up like this:

Sword/Sword/Sword
Spear/Main/Spear
Gunner/Monk/Shamen

The no viking/no archer tends to make PvP pretty lame and only one gunner makes stun pressure pretty weak... so I don't really know where to move forward with this build. @_@; Could be PvE only but zzzz. Suggestions? o:
*iKismet Lv. 210 Wizard
Help me find a new MMO?

03-12-2009   #19 (permalink)
Lazy Lurkin'
Special
Games

I dunno, with ravaging melody it seems DoT/AoE builds are the rage for musicians ._.

- Arti for DI for -def stacking with melody?
- Cannoneer for smoke bomb?
- Witch, dark archer, BT- your usual Aoe mercs.