ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Other MMO Games > Atlantica Online > Atlantica Online Hunting Grounds

Prius Online
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Prius Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
08-23-2009   #1 (permalink)
I KNOW THAT FEEL BRO
Special

Shirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Shirakani
IGN: Kyoji
Class: Shootin' Mah Balls
Level: 130
Guild: Minerva
Default Moogles 'Regular' Guild Dungeon Attempts

Ok... Now that we've taken a town, rather than just one GD a week, I would like to at least attempt semi-regular GD's DURING the week for the sake of GP and PHAT LEWT.

We have to make up the 40k odd GP we've spent within the next 2 weeks and arguably some moar in chump change. So in addition to the weekly GD, does anyone have any suggestions? Personally (and this is just me) I would like to run 4 man VoO runs as often as humanly possible, this would mean every 2 days. VoO is ideally a 4 man run that's extremely farmable and nets us a total of 2200 GP in profit after the 500 GP for the key is paid for.

We can also host impromptu Marksburg and Snake Shrine runs for the lower levelled members if attendance is enough. All i'm suggesting is that instead of having to organize runs here and there, we should allow/do more impromptu on the spot runs.

I will also go off the bat and say that responsibility must be taken. The person who wants to do the run, if the run fails, he/she must pay the key cost in GP by buying a Guild Operation Book and compensating for the wasted GP. If i say hey, lets do VoO, and drag 3 other ppl with me and we fail... I'll be biting the bullet and paying the 500 GP key cost back out of my own pocket.

That being said, what do you all think of this? I know there will be some who will argue that it may potentially isolate members here and there, but this is why we also have our usual weekend PLANNED runs.

Thoughts?

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
08-23-2009   #2 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

ZelosZalis is on a distinguished road

I'd be down for regualar VoO runs, and possibly marks, I just have so much going on in the game atm and shitty internet cutting into that time that I have prioritize (which is why I missed the last marks sorry :/) but yeh I'm in for this, just like nation is working towards daily gs, we have the patronage for bi-daily GD or even daily.

08-24-2009   #3 (permalink)
Squirtle Squirtle
Games
Guild Wars 2Trickster OnlineAtlantica Online
Awards Facebook Fan

boomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really nice
IGN: Boomsticky
Class: Guardian lt_guardian
Level: 80

I dunno, that's 3 guild op books for a failed VoO run.

But I don't mind that we set up semi-daily GD runs (likely VoO), followed by a daily weekend GD run (likely Snake/Marks). Only question is "time" and "availability."

08-24-2009   #4 (permalink)
I KNOW THAT FEEL BRO
Special

Shirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to behold

Ok, how about this... Lets say i wanted to do an impromptu VoO run for the absolute utter flaming hell of it. If i pay the cost UP FRONT by mailing you 3 guild op books... it'd be fine right?

Coz then it's moot either way. If we clear it, yay profit. If we don't, no loss at all. I'm quite happy to pay the full cost of the keys myself if i wanted to start a run on my own selfishness.

08-24-2009   #5 (permalink)
Lazy Lurkin'
Special
Games
Atlantica OnlineDofusTrickster OnlineRift: Planes of Telara

Javier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Javier
IGN: Ripchord
Class: Commando

Only problem is both sides of the world will only be synced in the weekend. Weekday runs would inevitably involve only one hemisphere at a time, I guess.

It's the nature of my circuitry.

08-24-2009   #6 (permalink)
I KNOW THAT FEEL BRO
Special

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javier
Only problem is both sides of the world will only be synced in the weekend. Weekday runs would inevitably involve only one hemisphere at a time, I guess.
Yeah, hence why it's impromptu, and also why the 'funding' for these runs is paid by the individual wanting to do it and NOT the guild. The runs on the weekends are at the expense of the guild, ie, the guild itself pays for everyone to attend.

Impromptu runs are paid for by the individual that wants to do it. Succeed or fail, they foot the bill for the key so that the cost to the guild is zero. If the succeed of course the guild benefits. If they fail, then well... no loss to anyone except the individual.

Thoughts? Personally i don't see a problem as there is no LOSS to anyone. My view and logic at this point is the dungeons are UNUSED during the week, therefore any EXTRA activity that happens outside of the usual Guild Sponsored(tm) runs is a BONUS. Whether or not the individual who paid for the key succeeds or fails in whatever they want to do, there is zero loss or liability to the guild. If the succeed, the guild benefits.

I personally call that a win/win.

PS: This is also so i can drag you to VoO without any preparation whatsoever, for the absolute hell of it... you know that right?

08-24-2009   #7 (permalink)
Lazy Lurkin'
Special
Games

Javier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud of

Actually I think it'd be better if everyone who went for the failed run chipped in for the key cost.. that way the cost of failing would be negligible for all parties, no?

I'll gladly come, after all VoO is a billion times easier than Ind. 105 rofl.

08-24-2009   #8 (permalink)
I KNOW THAT FEEL BRO
Special

You srsly think it's easier than 105?...

And meh, i thought about that but basically... impromptu runs are planned or decided by either an individual or a small group who just wanna do it for the hell of it. What they choose to do amongst themselves is up to them really. I'm just laying the foundation for the lowest common denominator aspect that SOMEONE just has to pony up the responsibility cost of it. Doesn't matter who.

It's like car pooling... the driver may make everyone pay, or he can be nice and not do.

08-24-2009   #9 (permalink)
Lazy Lurkin'
Special
Games

I suppose that makes sense... how are we going to sort out the keys though? It's quite odd that they don't allow COs to buy GD keys (or have they fixed that already..?).

Cube farming is a *****.. but the regular mobs are pretty manageable? At least you don't have to deal with AP drain, massive damage and stun all at once ~_~

08-24-2009   #10 (permalink)
too much effort
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterAtlantica OnlineGlobal AgendaUrban Rivals

WhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to behold
IGN: WhatThePho
Class: Maniac
Guild: Mooglets v1.1

Just leave cube farming for a planned major run with high number of participants.

Plus all the impromptu GD participants shouldn't consist mostly of random osiris hackers.

08-24-2009   #11 (permalink)
killing threda since 2007

badna0 is a glorious beacon of lightbadna0 is a glorious beacon of lightbadna0 is a glorious beacon of lightbadna0 is a glorious beacon of lightbadna0 is a glorious beacon of lightbadna0 is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: fLick3r/MrsT/Cod
Class: Bow/Saw/Cannon to_archaeologist
Level: 111/58/58
Guild: Moogles

I would love to be a part of this, as I get on more often on weekdays than weekends. I'll be able to contribute a lot more once I hit 100 though, which may not be happening for a long time considering how much I can play in the next few months.

08-24-2009   #12 (permalink)
I KNOW THAT FEEL BRO
Special

Nah, CO's can't buy keys. From a personal standpoint, everytime I want to run VoO, i will be throwing 3 guild books at Boomy. That way everyone can rest assured that the cost is paid for, feel free to fail like pro.

The whole point of this is to just 'kick back, have fun and hit something'. I aim to hopefully get us to the point where we can farm VoO as casually as we can farm Ind90/94/98/101. If we can get to that point, not only will GP be coming in very fast, but the profit is also good.

While VoO is on cooldown, impromptu Snake and Marksburg runs can be done for GP's sake.

I hope you guys understand my angle that i'm coming from here. It's basically a case of just going 'hey, VoO?' 'Yeh?' 'K, lets go'. That sorta thing. ZERO planning. Whoever is around to come, come. Whoever misses out, there is always the next one.

@flick
I see you on every night, at the usual time that you usually want to do an ind. So yeah, not a problem, instead of ind we'll just VoO instead.

08-25-2009   #13 (permalink)
how i shot gaem?
Games
Trickster Online

Sodacan is just really niceSodacan is just really niceSodacan is just really niceSodacan is just really niceSodacan is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Sodacan Send a message via MSN to Sodacan Send a message via Skype™ to Sodacan

I can see daily VoO runs happening very easily. I heard it could be solo'd by someone with 1m might. So if you have 3-4 people with 550k-600k+ might you should have no problem. Unless you all pull a Pho and sit around talking about how pho is a noodle dish and not a soup.

Last edited by Sodacan; 08-25-2009 at 12:16 PM.

08-25-2009   #14 (permalink)
too much effort
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterAtlantica OnlineGlobal AgendaUrban Rivals

WhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to behold
IGN: WhatThePho
Class: Maniac
Guild: Mooglets v1.1

I hate you mudkip :<

08-25-2009   #15 (permalink)
I KNOW THAT FEEL BRO
Special

Quote:
Originally Posted by IEatGarbage
I can see daily VoO runs happening very easily. I heard it could be solo'd by someone with 1m might. So if you have 3-4 people with 55k-600k+ might you should have no problem. Unless you all pull a Pho and sit around talking about how pho is a noodle dish and not a soup.
Pho is a noodle, specifically a limp, wet one.

...O wait, we talking about FOOD here?...

As far as the solo bit goes... Approx 1m to 1.2m assuming the might is largely coming from the WEAPONS. +10 weapons are mandatory. But yeah, it can. There is a reason VoO is at most a 4 man run.

Last edited by Shirakani; 08-25-2009 at 10:04 AM.