ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Other MMO Games > Atlantica Online > Atlantica Online General Chat

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
12-08-2010   #61 (permalink)
I KNOW THAT FEEL BRO
Special

Shirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Shirakani
IGN: Kyoji
Class: Shootin' Mah Balls
Level: 130
Guild: Minerva

If I catch you (or you catch me) on anytime I'll TBS with you if you like. Solo mode gives 1/3rd the exp and reward of the regular squad ver.

Protips (shit I wish I knew) for TBS. TBS has it's own set of rules, it is not really like normal PvE.

1) Magic is worth a damn, magic is powerful, magic is there to be used, use it. Ravaging Melody and Devastating Cannonfire are the two best debuffs in the game.

2) Melee vs Range/Staff, Melee will kick your ass, like in traditional TBS games. Do not remotely try to tank with a range or staff char... range must play AT RANGE.

3) Healing/BoL will RESURRECT fallen mercs. Your main dying does NOT end the battle, battles end when ALL mercs die.

4) Stun triggers at combo 4, not 2 in TBS skirmish, don't bother with a monk. Oracle is only needed to seth someone. Seth is a single target spell in TBS, but your character is controllable. Seth'ing a gunner or cannon is the primary form of mass damage.

5) Press left CTRL while hovering the mouse at a spot you can move to to see the attack range from that spot. There is no move take back, so do that if you want to see if you're hitting at the absolute limit of your range. Memorizing your maximum range is an absolute must.

6) If you have weapons with a proc (stormbringer, orfacer shotgan, valhalla's bow, etc) bring em. Procs, due to magic rules, are ridiculously too good. OSG is purified rape in a can in TBS, even a +0.

7) Freezing scrolls are used to break traps in TBS missions. Learn the static placements of the traps on the map, and break them with scrolls. Stepping into a net trap on a higher level mission is almost certain death.

8) Bring gold with you before you start the TBS mission. Upgrades within the mission cost gold, as well as building a catapult. At least, as a minimum, always get lvl1 upgrades to range, defense and attack. Remember you must upgrade the Training Materials before you can Train at the base camp. It pays to just do nothing for 3-4 turns to get a few upgrades before you move out.

9) Learn to 'funnel' mobs, especially if you're using ranged mercs. The mob AI is quite stupid and if you have all your mercs in a single row, step them backward incrementally and the mobs will all move in a 'funnel' toward that column. You can then use a seth'd gunner to shoot through the row and kill multiple quickly.

That's about all I can think of. TBS really does require strategy and thought, which is probably the only thing that made me come back to it. Higher +'d gears helps, but doesn't make you literally invincible like in regular PvE.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
12-13-2010   #62 (permalink)
Lazy Lurkin'
Special
Games
Atlantica OnlineDofusTrickster OnlineRift: Planes of Telara

Javier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Javier
IGN: Ripchord
Class: Commando

What, Fineti logged on?

THIS IS MADNESS

TBS sounds fun. I want to log on and mess around.. but school is raping me hard (final year)

It's the nature of my circuitry.

12-13-2010   #63 (permalink)
killing threda since 2007

badna0 is a glorious beacon of lightbadna0 is a glorious beacon of lightbadna0 is a glorious beacon of lightbadna0 is a glorious beacon of lightbadna0 is a glorious beacon of lightbadna0 is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: fLick3r/MrsT/Cod
Class: Bow/Saw/Cannon to_archaeologist
Level: 111/58/58
Guild: Moogles

So... after that conversation we had Shira, I am unable to log in because my account is suspended?!

I don't even cash shop, and I don't swear or use profanity, I have no idea what this came from. idk, we'll see where this ends up, I submitted a ticket. But we'll see. We'll see.

12-13-2010   #64 (permalink)
ビリビリ
Games
Sword 2Trickster OnlineDungeon Fighter OnlineEmil Chronicle Online
Awards Pervert Award

Fineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud of

From what I can gather: There was a security breach a while ago, where someone got a lot of account names and passwords. The GMs handle it by automatically suspending any account that tries to log in from different IPs.

So yeah, it's stupid and not your fault at all. Just make sure to not use the same password when you are able to log in again.

12-13-2010   #65 (permalink)
too much effort
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterAtlantica OnlineGlobal AgendaUrban Rivals

WhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to behold
IGN: WhatThePho
Class: Maniac
Guild: Mooglets v1.1

Just started playing some random pserver after couple years of hiatus.

Gotta say, this running thing is still annoying.

12-13-2010   #66 (permalink)
I KNOW THAT FEEL BRO
Special

Shirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to behold

Random pserv0r? There's only one IIRC... and from what I know they coded an emu from the ground up. How much broken shit is there?

@flick

You're not the only one getting teh random suspend. Just submit a ticket and ***** moan whine etc. I know I didn't hit you THAT hard in pvp!

12-13-2010   #67 (permalink)
Snow Vampire
Special
Games
Atlantica Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorSpirit of ggFTW

Miyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Miyuki
IGN: Sarafina

I got the random suspended things last time...like where I can't login via site, said account disabled..then can login into the game...logout, then I got suspended, after a while..can login, then got suspended again ..sent a ticket, saying my account temporary suspended due to "some reasons"

lol

Anyway, I can't seems find anything interesting much to let me lasts like..an hour in AO nowadays ~_~; unless there's parties of GD/ND/ID or whatever TBS going on :x

12-13-2010   #68 (permalink)

badna0 is a glorious beacon of lightbadna0 is a glorious beacon of lightbadna0 is a glorious beacon of lightbadna0 is a glorious beacon of lightbadna0 is a glorious beacon of lightbadna0 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirakani
Random pserv0r? There's only one IIRC... and from what I know they coded an emu from the ground up. How much broken shit is there?

@flick

You're not the only one getting teh random suspend. Just submit a ticket and ***** moan whine etc. I know I didn't hit you THAT hard in pvp!
gm emailed me today, i replied.
i predict 3 more interchanges from both of us before things are finally resolved.
And I'll bet a heavenly horse with you I'm right. u see wut i did there

12-14-2010   #69 (permalink)
too much effort
Games

WhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

@flick

The OGR one? It's not too awful except for the elitists who started out couple days before everyone else on a 10x server. There aren't enough players to make items available at an affordable price so you pretty much have to get all your crystals, jewels, gears, skill books, and vials from scratch. Supposedly higher drop rate, but what they need is more drops per monster... not just higher chance of dropping items.

12-14-2010   #70 (permalink)
I KNOW THAT FEEL BRO
Special

I don't expect it'll amount to anything though if they plan on making ppl spend actual time to get A/B mercs, etc. Part of the reason to even go to a pserv0r is simply coz you don't like the grind on official serv0r or the rates, etc. If you have to 'work' on a pserv0r you may as well play official.

Would be nice if there was publically available server software for AO, I definitely wouldn't mind fiddling with it then.

12-14-2010   #71 (permalink)
too much effort
Games

Quote:
I don't expect it'll amount to anything though if they plan on making ppl spend actual time to get A/B mercs, etc. Part of the reason to even go to a pserv0r is simply coz you don't like the grind on official serv0r or the rates, etc. If you have to 'work' on a pserv0r you may as well play official.

Would be nice if there was publically available server software for AO, I definitely wouldn't mind fiddling with it then.
I play the pserver since there are less "donator" items than there are cash shoppers on the official server... :v

12-14-2010   #72 (permalink)
I KNOW THAT FEEL BRO
Special

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatThePho
I play the pserver since there are less "donator" items than there are cash shoppers on the official server... :v
'Donator' items... I lol'd when I saw those.

How's atlas handled on that serv0r?

12-14-2010   #73 (permalink)
too much effort
Games

Quote:
'Donator' items... I lol'd when I saw those.

How's atlas handled on that serv0r?
Hell, same thing as cash shop if you will. Atlas? whats that? I'm not up to date on all these terms.

12-14-2010   #74 (permalink)
ビリビリ
Games
Awards Pervert Award

Fineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud of

Atlas Ore. It's used in upgrading and a bunch of other random places.

[edit:] btw, what's your name there?

12-14-2010   #75 (permalink)
too much effort
Games

Dunno, I'm stuck at level 40's because the 10x exp rate makes players get stuck at a level cap due to not finishing certain story quests... spending good 60 stamina farming for ashens didn't help either.

I'm just "Pho" in the game. I haven't been on for couple of days now though.

12-14-2010   #76 (permalink)
I KNOW THAT FEEL BRO
Special

Atlas used to be called ori stones if you remember, cash shop only... and really the only way to make +10 gear. I doubt that server would be having those as 'donator only'... if they do... srs GG...

edit: n/m, saw their IM page... it IS donator only. GG... srs GG, may as well play official, lol.

Last edited by Shirakani; 12-14-2010 at 10:17 PM.

12-15-2010   #77 (permalink)
ビリビリ
Games
Awards Pervert Award

^this

Besides having a 1000% bonus time, it's pretty much exactly the same. Well, besides that it only has 2% of the population.

I'd rather try to salvage my cannon than make a whole new character there. ;__;

12-15-2010   #78 (permalink)

hmmmmmmm

Without any response from GM, i was able to log in last night and run tbs 101 twice.
left my computer on to autocrapht and apparently my account is suspended again.
wth?!

12-15-2010   #79 (permalink)
too much effort
Games

Meh, except for the fact that I let my viking and BT go since my graphic card couldn't handle the new update back then. Bawww :v

12-15-2010   #80 (permalink)
ビリビリ
Games
Awards Pervert Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by badna0
hmmmmmmm

Without any response from GM, i was able to log in last night and run tbs 101 twice.
left my computer on to autocrapht and apparently my account is suspended again.
wth?!
Did you change your password once you could log in?