ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Other MMO Games > Atlantica Online > Atlantica Online General Chat

Vindictus
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Vindictus

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
06-22-2010   #21 (permalink)
Φύλακας πρισμάτων

Zamte will become famous soon enoughZamte will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Zamte
IGN: Zamte
Class: Card Master to_cardmaster
Level: 101

So I've finally gotten around to playing, and I'd prefer to play where there's people I know (or have at least seen on the forums anyways since Shira quit already). Problem is I can't figure out which server it is you all are playing. I had a cannon main on Macedon I messed around with for a while before realizing they're pretty much useless, and now wish to make a spear. Which server has the most ggftw people on it?

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
06-22-2010   #22 (permalink)
Squirtle Squirtle
Games
Guild Wars 2Trickster OnlineAtlantica Online
Awards Facebook Fan

boomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really nice
IGN: Boomsticky
Class: Guardian lt_guardian
Level: 80

Sikyon server. A few of us still play, but mostly scattered.

06-22-2010   #23 (permalink)
I KNOW THAT FEEL BRO
Special

Shirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Shirakani
IGN: Kyoji
Class: Shootin' Mah Balls
Level: 130
Guild: Minerva

Cannon main is NOT useless. If anything they seem to be gaining popularity for whatever odd reason.

06-22-2010   #24 (permalink)
wants your bucket

Pharoe is a name known to allPharoe is a name known to allPharoe is a name known to allPharoe is a name known to allPharoe is a name known to allPharoe is a name known to all
IGN: Pharoe
Class: Cannon lt_guardian
Level: 100
Guild: Moogles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirakani
Cannon main is NOT useless. If anything they seem to be gaining popularity for whatever odd reason.
Obviously because I'm a cannon main and they all wanna be just like Pharoe.

06-22-2010   #25 (permalink)
Lazy Lurkin'
Special
Games
Atlantica OnlineDofusTrickster OnlineRift: Planes of Telara

Javier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Javier
IGN: Ripchord
Class: Commando

Ohay it's Phatroe..how's baby Fineti?

It's the nature of my circuitry.

06-22-2010   #26 (permalink)
wants your bucket

Pharoe is a name known to allPharoe is a name known to allPharoe is a name known to allPharoe is a name known to allPharoe is a name known to allPharoe is a name known to all
IGN: Pharoe
Class: Cannon lt_guardian
Level: 100
Guild: Moogles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javier
Ohay it's Phatroe..how's baby Fineti?
We always use protection D8<

06-22-2010   #27 (permalink)
I KNOW THAT FEEL BRO
Special

Shirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to behold

Oh shi-...!

She didn't deny it!

06-22-2010   #28 (permalink)
Φύλακας πρισμάτων

By worthless I mean "I read on the forums here and on their official forums that cannon as a main is underpowered and hasn't got any useful abilities I can't replicate with a merc". Cannon interested me due to being the "AoE attack" class, but it seems staff main is better for AoEing, and I believe you know my stance on "magic" classes, so that's out. It's either spear, sword (which I heard is also a bit lackluster) or gun. I was considering axe until I read about it. I'm still not sure how they manage to have so many underpowered classes.

06-22-2010   #29 (permalink)
Squirtle Squirtle
Games
Guild Wars 2Trickster OnlineAtlantica Online
Awards Facebook Fan

boomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really nice
IGN: Boomsticky
Class: Guardian lt_guardian
Level: 80

Cannon's AoEs are actually a combination of DoT & debuffs. Staff AoEs are basically pure damage. A similar class to the cannon is the musician main, which has better AoE/DoT skills, but lacks stunning capabilities.

Spear Main: Decent in both PvP/PvE. It's all about Lightning Spear to drive your opponent's AP down. Works even better with a spearman merc and/or pirate.

Sword Main: Pretty average class. Doesn't really stand out in PvP or PvE other than having the ability to tank better than most classes. Does have a decent row AoE skill late in the game.

Gun Main: Similar to sword main in terms of being average. You can however run stun and spike builds fairly well.

Axe Main: Terrible. They used to be good in the past, but current metagame and content makes them near pointless to play.

06-22-2010   #30 (permalink)
I KNOW THAT FEEL BRO
Special

Same can be said of all mains. All mains are nothing but slightly stronger versions of the D class mercs... yes, mains, all of em, suck, in comparison to the C and B class mercs you can get.

It boils down to this: PvP or PvE?

If PvP, go staff or geetar anhero... If PvE, go cannon, gun, geetar anhero or archer. Don't bother with Melee mains. The only melee main worth a damn is powersaw, which requires an existing lvl100 character on an account to even make... For all it's exclusivity it's not even that good.

The only main in existance that is not dwarfed by a merc is geetar anhero. All other mains basically are inferior to any merc counterpart at the end.

06-22-2010   #31 (permalink)
Pixellated Yeti Goodness.
Special

Dook is just really niceDook is just really niceDook is just really niceDook is just really nice
IGN: Dookoon/Dashyat
Class: Mighty Ferret Militia
Level: Low
Guild: Noobs Club

I changed to cannon

/escape

06-23-2010   #32 (permalink)
how i shot gaem?
Games
Trickster Online

Sodacan is just really niceSodacan is just really niceSodacan is just really niceSodacan is just really niceSodacan is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Sodacan Send a message via MSN to Sodacan Send a message via Skype™ to Sodacan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamte
By worthless I mean "I read on the forums here and on their official forums that cannon as a main is underpowered and hasn't got any useful abilities I can't replicate with a merc". Cannon interested me due to being the "AoE attack" class, but it seems staff main is better for AoEing, and I believe you know my stance on "magic" classes, so that's out. It's either spear, sword (which I heard is also a bit lackluster) or gun. I was considering axe until I read about it. I'm still not sure how they manage to have so many underpowered classes.
/forum/cannon-class/...ck-around.html
Read that and educate yourself a bit. Cannons are underpowered, but they're still a good choice for PvE. That thread is a bit dated but it can still help learn a little bit about cannon mains.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dook

I changed to cannon

/escape
/HIGH 5

06-23-2010   #33 (permalink)
Φύλακας πρισμάτων

That's what I read which gave me the idea that they weren't really too worthwhile to play. I just don't want to pick a class which I have a niche with and will be forced into a specific method of play with later.

06-23-2010   #34 (permalink)
ビリビリ
Games
Sword 2Trickster OnlineDungeon Fighter OnlineEmil Chronicle Online
Awards Pervert Award

Fineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud of

Wait what?

06-23-2010   #35 (permalink)
Snow Vampire
Special
Games
Atlantica Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorSpirit of ggFTW

Miyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Miyuki
IGN: Sarafina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamte
That's what I read which gave me the idea that they weren't really too worthwhile to play. I just don't want to pick a class which I have a niche with and will be forced into a specific method of play with later.
o.o;?

each class have their own uniqueness, but mostly depends on your formation...too

06-23-2010   #36 (permalink)
Special

Dook is just really niceDook is just really niceDook is just really niceDook is just really nice

Just don't pick axe main, and it's all right

FYI cannonM + artillery (Deep Insight + Devastation shell) gives a massive 5k+ defense debuff. For non-cash shoppers, this makes PvE a lot easier.

Like Miyu said, each class is unique. I think you'll have enough time during the game to decide which formation suits your play-style best, as long as you ask a lot of questions.

Just make sure you put the correct balance of attack and support. Early on, a shaman and monk is enough. You'll have plenty of time to learn about prophet, princess, exo and other unique/versatile C-mercs and decide which ones are best for you.

You'll find every type of main chars in division 1 PvP.

Cannon and guitar remains as ABFL favorites.
They mainly run a full ranged build usually with a princess. I saw Geemarc put a hwarang at the front e_e

tbh cannons are becoming fotm in Titan atm :v
Best Titan melee classes are still Sword and Power Saw.

06-23-2010   #37 (permalink)
I KNOW THAT FEEL BRO
Special

In early game, all mains are useful. In late game (110+), all mains are relegated do doing jack shit all while your mercs do the work. Unless you are a high damage main like archer, then you'll be left clickin like jesus.

I've said many times before, doesn't matter what you use... endgame is all about only a few skills: Warcry, toxic, seth, ridge (or forest prison), healing and maybe your lvl100 main skill.

Oh, and ITAM MAUL... lots of itam maul.

06-27-2010   #38 (permalink)
Special

spamspamspamspam

July is around the corner! So Dook will take a break from AO again.

spamspamspamspam

07-01-2010   #39 (permalink)
wok
ggFTW Regular

wok is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to wok Send a message via Yahoo to wok
IGN: Zypheros

Im not coming back either, had to reformat my com and couldnt be bothered downloading this again only to afk all night.

Sorry i didnt tell you guys sooner. Currently trying a game called Battle of the Immortals but im willing to try any other games you guys are gonna play, just gimme a holla.

07-04-2010   #40 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

ZelosZalis is on a distinguished road

I came back from a hiatus to play, just taking the game for what it is anymore, and absolutely no cash going ndoor's way. screw them