ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Other MMO Games > Atlantica Online > Atlantica Online General Chat

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack (18) Thread Tools Display Modes
07-25-2008   #41 (permalink)
Tea
31 Flavors
Special
Games
S4 LeagueWarflowEden EternalSword 2
Awards Retired Content StaffFacebook Fan

Tea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to behold

:{ we got outbidded... go claim another town [Pusan or Harbin]

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
07-25-2008   #42 (permalink)
VIP

Tamiki will become famous soon enough

they both need 2000k~ points to apply x_x

go get 100 GP so we can apply for kyoto

07-26-2008   #43 (permalink)
Tea
31 Flavors
Special
Games

Tea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to behold

why me? >___> you're barely online ~ .. i had to kill ants by myself T__T

07-27-2008   #44 (permalink)
VIP

Ehh, I'm just going to wait for OB on this game. I know the wipe is going to happen tomorrow and I'm kinda sad that my awesome characters are going to get wiped. D8

At least the OB will start up in early August, then i'll grind my heart out to rebuild what was lost including the guild 8D

Hope nobody takes my name D8

07-27-2008   #45 (permalink)
Tea
31 Flavors
Special
Games

tomorrow is no aug. 5th >__> .. they are just doing a maint. tomorrow afternoon. I hear cb is going on till the 5th. .. besides.. i wanted to play around in the township.. but you didnt get any D: and we have enough points~ .. amagad autocraft... so delicious~~

If we lose guild.. pick a name that will sound worldly ?.. Organization sounds.. a bit.. organized.. and we are nothing like that.. D:

07-27-2008   #46 (permalink)
VIP

Quote:
Dear Atlantica Online Community,
To all of you participating in the closed beta, we wish to give you our heart-felt thanks for being part of the Atlantica Online experience. You are instrumental in making Atlantica a better game as we prepare to move into the next phase.

Starting July 28th at 12p.m. PDT (Pacific Daylight Savings Time), the Atlantica server will be undergoing an extended maintenance, and will come back up in August, 2008. We will be utilizing this time to not only resolve any issues that both the players and we have managed to find, but also to improve the Atlantica gaming experience for all future players.

Again, thank you for your understanding, your patience, and above all, your input. We look forward to playing with you again when Atlantica Online returns!

Sincerely,

The Atlantica Online Team
Atlantica Online: Strategic Turn-based MMORPG from Ndoors

I know I'm spamming, but here's the low down on what's happening soo far.

The Ndoors company doesn't really give a clear statement about the whole closed beta and open beta thing.

They are having a maintenance that goes into August 5th and doesn't explane if it's going into open beta or staying in closed beta.

As for our guild. I made the guild name for the lulz. I am going to make a new guild once OB has opened, but they never said anything about the wipe yet. The counter is not even over 5000 and the maintenance is tomorrow.

Hope they clearify a lot tomorrow. ._.

07-29-2008   #47 (permalink)
kyubey☆bandwagon
Special
Games
MapleStoryDragon NestTrickster OnlineDC Universe Online

LiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud of
IGN: MewCharm
Class: Cleric lt_explorer
Level: 47
Guild: Scandalous

I want to play this. It's the Ndoors one right?
I read thru this thread many times, and couldn't find what server you guys play or the IGNs. -.- ...

WAH? o.o?

07-29-2008   #48 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

Kupo is on a distinguished road

There was only one server.

My ign was Lakshmi, but closed beta 1 is over now. They're wiping everything except peoples names if they're past level 20. They don't even know how they're doing it. They didn't get enough people on the servers, so they gotta get more people on next time. Try and get the server above normal.

I think from closed beta 2- open beta, there may not be a wipe. Maybe.

07-29-2008   #49 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special
Games
AionAll Point Bulletin (APB)Asheron's CallAtlantica Online
Awards Retired Forum Operations Staff

Theosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Theosis

I played this game for a while, had a level 53 Shaman as my main. It's actually pretty fun, but mainly because I love turn based style games. I plan on playing again once Open Beta starts, not sure about another Closed Beta, since I don't want to work on my characters to have them wiped again.

It seems like one of those games that will take a long time to get boring since there's so much to do, there's tons of Crafting skills to work on, the whole getting cities and such as a guild, etc. The Arena/Tournament stuff is pretty cool too.

If anyone wants to add me to their friends list once another CB or OB starts, just add; Theosis.

Name Changes: Please check if usernames are available before requesting by typing this in your address bar:
http://ggftw.com/forum/members/username_wanted_here.html
Steam Account - doobie15
Battle.net Account - Theosis#1417
Guild Wars 2 IGN - Theosis.8752

07-29-2008   #50 (permalink)
Tea
31 Flavors
Special
Games

Aww Mew, you could have asked me when i was on SotNW. Which i should log in sometime soon.

Yeah i was lv 43 when the servers went down. T___T so close to Beast Trainer!! And i had like 800~900k in money too. And yeah.. crafting.. amagad auto crafting made life so much easier.. especially with crafting Crystal and Action skills. The workload on those were horrific. Ill add you the next time rape :3

07-29-2008   #51 (permalink)
VIP

Pretty much my ign ish the same as on here. Nobody has taken my name in any MMOs I've played soo far

I'm ready for open beta, but work today just killed meh. I only got 1 hours sleep and had to work at 5am in the morning. @_@ I woke up at 4 am >.>

I might hab some time to play this game. Let's see how I hold up in the next couple of days.

Make a MOG guild any1?

07-29-2008   #52 (permalink)
kyubey☆bandwagon
Special
Games
MapleStoryDragon NestTrickster OnlineDC Universe Online

LiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud of
IGN: MewCharm
Class: Cleric lt_explorer
Level: 47
Guild: Scandalous

so when's OB? o.o?

07-29-2008   #53 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

Quote:
Dear Atlantica Online Players,

The first phase of the closed beta has now ended. We want to offer a sincere thanks to all of you who participated in this first phase. Your play and feedback have been instrumental in our efforts to improve the game for everyone.

However, our work is still not done. We need to make some changes and updates to further refine the game, and so Atlantica will be offline until August.

When the closed beta resumes, we are asking you to start anew, as all characters will be wiped and you will need to create a new character under your account. We didn’t reach the number of players partaking in the closed beta to fully test the game. But more importantly, we need you to begin at the beginning once more so we can test the upgrades made to the game, as you will help us further in the effort to make the Atlantica experience better. (As promised in the Events, players who met the Level 20 requirement can re-use their previous characters’ name, which will remain in the blue color.)

Thanks again for being a part of Atlantica. Please return to the Atlantica website at Atlantica Online: Strategic Turn-based MMORPG from Ndoors regularly for updates. And see you back in the game in August!

Sincerely,

The Atlantica Online Team
The next opening in August is not open beta, it's a second closed beta, but technically it's open since it's so easy to get a key.

Maybe open beta will start end of August/September.

Quote:
The wait is over. Atlantica Online will be back up and running on Aug. 7 at 6 p.m. Pacific Daylight Saving Time.

All players who participated in the first phase of the closed beta can return at that time to the Atlantica world, which has been updated and modified in order to test new elements in the game. Your help in identifying problems has been greatly appreciated, and we hope you will continue your diligent efforts for this second round of the closed beta, which is expected to run until Aug. 18. This schedule, however, is not final, and any changes will be announced on the Atlantica website.

For this new phase, two new features have been added for testing: 1) Stamina; and 2) Challenge, which is a means for more player-versus-player combat.

Plus, there will be additional events for players who participate in the second round ? that means more Atlantica Online 2GB USB Flash drives up for grabs.

More details on these features and events will be available on the website soon, as well as information on how those of you who weren’t a part of the first round can play the game this second time around. So please return to the Atlantica website regularly for more updates.

We hope your second trip to Atlantis is better than the first!
Yays. I can't wait to be able to play again.

Anyone know from the other versions what stamina does?

Last edited by Chesters; 08-23-2008 at 08:48 PM.

08-06-2008   #54 (permalink)
VIP

No idea what stamina does, but I dunno if I want to play another CB because wipe might happen again >.>

Atlantic ish soo fun though @_@

08-07-2008   #55 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special
Games
AionAll Point Bulletin (APB)Asheron's CallAtlantica Online
Awards Retired Forum Operations Staff

Theosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Theosis

Yeah, I'll be playing CB2 since I'm quite bored lately, whether it wipes or not, I don't really care. Just want to test the new things they've added and see what else they changed.

Name Changes: Please check if usernames are available before requesting by typing this in your address bar:
http://ggftw.com/forum/members/username_wanted_here.html
Steam Account - doobie15
Battle.net Account - Theosis#1417
Guild Wars 2 IGN - Theosis.8752

08-07-2008   #56 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

It's a sad day folks...

Quote:
The Stamina system is a new addition to Atlantica being tested during the second round of the closed beta. Players are given a Stamina score when they start playing Atlantica each day, and that number declines with each battle players fight against monsters. Having to watch over this score adds another element for players to manage, bringing more depth to the game.

It also encourages players to get more involved in the greater Atlantica Online community. You can slow your Stamina loss by taking part in a Guild and the Town and Nation element of Atlantica. Being a Mentor to other players will help you build points that can deter a flagging Stamina. And being victorious in some player-versus-player battles will even replenish your Stamina.

Here are some other notable elements of the Stamina system:

- Every day at 6 a.m. Pacific Daylight Saving Time (PDT), your Stamina score will reset: to 100, for players at Level 50 and below; to 50, for players at Level 51 and above.

- Fighting a single battle reduces your Stamina by 1.

- When your Stamina runs out, you cannot gain any more Experience Points or Items.

- If fighting among a party, only the player who started the battle will lose Stamina by 1.

- Stamina is not affected during combat with Guilds or in Nation Dungeons, and therefore players can obtain Experience Points and Items even if their Stamina score is 0.

- A victory in a Free League battle will increase your Stamina by 3.

- Boost your score with a Stamina Pill, obtained from the NPC Pointry located in Rome using Mentor Points.

So test your Stamina in Atlantica. Get involved in the larger Atlantica community. Thank you for doing your part!
Oh, you so know that they'll keep this. :/ More money for more time spent doing less, licences expire... and you gotta buy more. ^^ Don't forget about stamina potions too. :3

But I gotta see this in action, how long it would really take to use up all your points.

08-07-2008   #57 (permalink)
~Endless Witch~

Beato will become famous soon enoughBeato will become famous soon enough
IGN: Beato
Class: Witch
Level: 40
Guild: Moogles

Oh what's this?

*uninstalls Atlantica*

SIESTA SISTERS~

08-07-2008   #58 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

If you can see how many people are complaining on the forums... the future doesn't look too bright if they don't get rid of it. I don't think many would play if they kept it, less money for them even though they would get more from the people that pay. They need lots of people to pay to make money off of this game.

Oh, and just thinking about it, nation and guild dungeons are unaffected, very good incentive to join one. LFG plox.

Mentor points are good, I know you get a bit of money from it and you don't really have to do anything. :3

Last edited by Kupo; 08-07-2008 at 04:35 PM.

08-07-2008   #59 (permalink)
~Endless Witch~

Beato will become famous soon enoughBeato will become famous soon enough
IGN: Beato
Class: Witch
Level: 40
Guild: Moogles

Forcing people into the community is the wrong way to introduce people.

I know a lot of people that like the ability to solo through an MMORPG because people can be quite the asshats.

SIESTA SISTERS~

08-07-2008   #60 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Ickypoke is on a distinguished road
IGN: Eiki
Class: AFK-ER lt_mage
Level: Less than yours.
Guild: FrenchBread

Huh, when I first read this thread, I thought this was a really novel concept for a game and considered trying it out. But then I scrolled down and saw the whole Stamina thing...and that pretty much killed my excitement. :X

Punishing people for soloing is not going to make them want to group or PvP. Instead, you have to reward people for grouping. Positive reinforcement, not negative.