ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Other MMO Games > Atlantica Online > Atlantica Online Announcements

League of Legends
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

League of Legends

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
11-05-2009   #1 (permalink)
wat?
Games
Anarchy OnlineAionAtlantica OnlineFinal Fantasy XIV
Awards Facebook Fan

DarkRayne has a spectacular aura aboutDarkRayne has a spectacular aura aboutDarkRayne has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to DarkRayne
Class: Sith Assassin lt_sorcerer
Guild: Omega Matrix
Xfire: d4rthsid
Default Atlantica Online Introduces Their New Lite Client!

*Featuring*
Our all new Lite Client design to accommodate new players who want to give Atlantica Online a try, without having to wait to download the entire game.

This all new client is a small download that contains the beginning parts of Atlantica Online only that allows new players to get in and start playing more quickly.

The Lite Client works by letting the user to download a small portion of the game in order to begin experiencing the early stages of the game. While player are enjoying the first level 1-20 level areas that are included in this Lite Client, the Lite Client will continually be downloading the rest of the game in the background to allow players to keep progressing into later parts of the game.

*NOTE*
The Lite Client only contains content for levels 1-20, and will additional content as players progress. Existing users may experience gameplay issues for content beyond level 20. For players who already have characters above level 20, we recommend downloading and installing the Full Client to avoid any potential issues.

Last edited by DarkRayne; 11-05-2009 at 06:29 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
11-05-2009   #2 (permalink)
I KNOW THAT FEEL BRO
Special

Shirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Shirakani
IGN: Kyoji
Class: Shootin' Mah Balls
Level: 130
Guild: Minerva

..... What?

This just seems... silly...

11-05-2009   #3 (permalink)
wants your bucket

Pharoe is a name known to allPharoe is a name known to allPharoe is a name known to allPharoe is a name known to allPharoe is a name known to allPharoe is a name known to all
IGN: Pharoe
Class: Cannon lt_guardian
Level: 100
Guild: Moogles

I think it is pretty nice for people that are afraid of downloading the whole game and not enjoying it, since the game itself is pretty heavy. So they experience it for a bit and make up their minds if they are going to play or not.

11-05-2009   #4 (permalink)
Snow Vampire
Special
Games
Atlantica Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorSpirit of ggFTW

Miyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Miyuki
IGN: Sarafina

I'd call this as "trial" or "demo" client for those who wanted to try on the game for the first time.

11-05-2009   #5 (permalink)
KUUUUUUPOOOOOO

KNEEofJUSTICE is on a distinguished road
IGN: Eyo
Class: Spearman lu_sieg
Guild: Moogles - Atlantica

This seems like an actual good idea from Ndoors, really. I know I did a double-take when I saw how much I would need to download and patch just so I could begin making my new character.

11-05-2009   #6 (permalink)
I KNOW THAT FEEL BRO
Special

Shirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Shirakani
IGN: Kyoji
Class: Shootin' Mah Balls
Level: 130
Guild: Minerva

I guess kinda like how Guild Wars had an 'on the fly' download while you played.

Inb4 ppl who don't read the fine details download the smaller 'lite' client, then ***** that they can't get past lvl20

11-07-2009   #7 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

Glykeria is on a distinguished road
IGN: Glykeria
Class: Bow
Guild: Moogles

Yeah, Ive used this is games like LOTR and even WOW on one of my many redownloads, its a really nice feature imo, although AO isnt that huge of a game to begin with T_T.