ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Other MMO Games > Atlantica Online > Atlantica Online Announcements

Vindictus
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Vindictus

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
01-21-2009   #1 (permalink)
Squirtle Squirtle
Games
Guild Wars 2Trickster OnlineAtlantica Online
Awards Facebook Fan

boomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really nice
IGN: Boomsticky
Class: Guardian lt_guardian
Level: 80
Default Notes On Patch Update Of Jan. 21

Details on the patch update are listed below:

Mana Shield

* A new magic skill, Mana Shield, can now be cast by Staff mains.
* Book: Mana Shield can now be purchased at the market for a fixed price.

Quest Bonuses

* Upon completion of a quest, players above Lv. 94 will now receive bonus experience (1% of the required experience to level up) up to 3 times a day.

- Mercenaries will receive bonus experience relative to their level.

Quests

* Two new Constantinople Battlefield sub-quests (Lv. 96+), Battlefield Betrayer and Fausta’s Escape, have been added:

- Battlefield Betrayer: Players will be rewarded with Conqueror’s Equipment Box for each stage cleared and also receive Gaius’ Treasure Box as the final reward. Gaius is located in Constantinople Palace Bailey.
- Fausta’s Escape: Players must choose either the Title Acquisition Quest item or Conqueror’s Equipment Box as their final reward upon completion. Fausta is located in Constantinople Palace Bailey.

* Main quest-line rewards for Constantinople Battlefield and Frozen Adlivun have been upgraded.
* Increased quest item drop rate and quantity for Constantinople Battlefield.
* Increased Machine Lubricant drop rate and quantity for Recruiting Inventor quest.
* Reduced the required number of Veteran Snipers and Luxurious Clocks for the Dark Archer quest to 10.

Buff System:

* Six new titles have been added:

- New titles can be obtained through individual dungeons and new sub-quests: Players must complete the prerequisite Priest title quest to start the Divine Punisher title quest.

PvP

* Free Leagues division brackets have been changed: Div. 18-17 – Lv. 20-29; Div. 16-15 – Lv. 20-39; Div. 14-13 – Lv. 30-49; Div. 12 – Lv. 40-59; Div. 11 – Lv. 50-69; Div. 10 – Lv. 60-79; Div. 9 – Lv. 70-89; Div. 8 – Lv. 80-99; Div. 7 – Lv. 90-109; Div. 6 – Lv. 95-119; Div. 5-1 – Lv. 100-120.

- Your division will not change.
- Players can neither advance above nor fall below their level bracket.

Community

* Players can now view guild members’ last login information from Guild Office > Manage Guild > Members.
* Buff information will now be displayed to guild members each time their guild increases in level.

Items

* Book of Expertise has been added to the game, which allows you to obtain 1,000,000 Workload. Book of Expertise can be obtained from Goncourt by trading 10 Books of Craftsmanship.
* The required quantity to exchange Book of Experience [Adv] and Normal Crafting Secrets has been lowered from 20 books to 10.
* The book exchange fee has been raised to 10,000 gold for crafting and experience books.
* The icons for Legendary Viking’s Spirit Stone, Immortal Spirit Stone, and Dust of Death have been changed.
* The maximum number of scrolls that can be used in a monster battle has been increased from 2 times to 3 times. The maximum number of scrolls that can be used in PvP competition remains unchanged at 2.

Crafting

* Crafting skills under “My Info” have been sorted to list highest skills first.
* Craft Items have been sorted to list highest levels first.
* Skill experience points gained from dismantling equipment have been adjusted. Higher grades will now result in more skill experience points.

General Changes and Bug Fixes

* Expanded the size of China in the Northeast Asia Map to proper scale:

- The locations of Shanghai, Hong Kong, Taipei, and the Sea Palace have been moved to be correctly represented on the map.
- The locations of NPCs Hu Xue-yan, Zang Heng, Zhao Gao, Sun Bin, and Cai Lun have been changed.

* Additional background music has been added to the general map, boss dungeons, Yggdrasil, and Northern Europe.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
01-21-2009   #2 (permalink)
killing threda since 2007

badna0 is a glorious beacon of lightbadna0 is a glorious beacon of lightbadna0 is a glorious beacon of lightbadna0 is a glorious beacon of lightbadna0 is a glorious beacon of lightbadna0 is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: fLick3r/MrsT/Cod
Class: Bow/Saw/Cannon to_archaeologist
Level: 111/58/58
Guild: Moogles

not a fan of the new fl rules... but meh we'll see how it pans out. The dismantling buff is nice, though, and mana shield sounds intriguing.

01-21-2009   #3 (permalink)
Squirtle Squirtle
Games
Guild Wars 2Trickster OnlineAtlantica Online
Awards Facebook Fan

boomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really nice
IGN: Boomsticky
Class: Guardian lt_guardian
Level: 80

Quote:
Players can now view guild members’ last login information from Guild Office > Manage Guild > Members
/o/

yay

01-21-2009   #4 (permalink)
Darklord Zerato

Frosty is on a distinguished road

Quote:
* Increased Machine Lubricant drop rate and quantity for Recruiting Inventor quest.
lol

i like the 1% bonus exp thing

01-21-2009   #5 (permalink)

badna0 is a glorious beacon of lightbadna0 is a glorious beacon of lightbadna0 is a glorious beacon of lightbadna0 is a glorious beacon of lightbadna0 is a glorious beacon of lightbadna0 is a glorious beacon of light

lol @ frosty, i remember you guys doing that.

01-21-2009   #6 (permalink)
VIP

Tamiki will become famous soon enough

I'm leiking the mana shield, but I'm using my points on scud,blessing and guard break @_@

01-21-2009   #7 (permalink)
Out of Line

Spectre is on a distinguished road
IGN: CrimsonSpectre/L.Narumi
Class: Force Blader (Cabal)/Champion/Duke
Level: 8x (Cabal). 22x/260(TO)
Guild: God Of War (TO)

maybe the FL rules will make it more fair though, i've seen people fighting in FL where its a lvl 89 vs a lvl 60 because same Div...not fair IMO

01-21-2009   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teuflisch
maybe the FL rules will make it more fair though, i've seen people fighting in FL where its a lvl 89 vs a lvl 60 because same Div...not fair IMO
but on the other hand, you'll have the level 100+'s alt-characters with streamlined pvp pwnage builds who can whoop up permanently on all comers simply because their build can't be beaten at that level.

01-22-2009   #9 (permalink)
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Special
Games
World of Warcraft

Adun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Adun Send a message via Skype™ to Adun
Guild: [JW], Kirameki

I noticed they added the Elementalist to the info book.

01-22-2009   #10 (permalink)
wat?
Games
Anarchy OnlineAionAtlantica OnlineFinal Fantasy XIV
Awards Facebook Fan

DarkRayne has a spectacular aura aboutDarkRayne has a spectacular aura aboutDarkRayne has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to DarkRayne
Class: Sith Assassin lt_sorcerer
Guild: Omega Matrix
Xfire: d4rthsid

Great so it appears I'll be stuck in div 9 now since I'm in that level range. It had better even the system out, tired of it being impossible to win in any division against people 15+ levels higher >_>

01-22-2009   #11 (permalink)
ビリビリ
Games
Sword 2Trickster OnlineDungeon Fighter OnlineEmil Chronicle Online
Awards Pervert Award

Fineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud of

Yay! Now I can try out PvP, since the game decided to bump me into division 12 for no reason. >_>

01-22-2009   #12 (permalink)
Lazy Lurkin'
Special
Games
Atlantica OnlineDofusTrickster OnlineRift: Planes of Telara

Javier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Javier
IGN: Ripchord
Class: Commando

Lol, Fine, your worries are over.

...Also, they improved lube drop rate? Iirc I was getting a pretty decent stream of lube when we did the inventor run. Improve the drop rate of DRAGON CRYSTALS, gdit.

I'm worried about the changes to Goncourt too, I mean 10k/book exchange is ridiculous. This means that 100k is only going to get us 10 book exchanges (as compared to 100 in the past). Book prices are going to soar >.> And goodbye Bookworm title, no way I'm ever going to complete that now.

It's the nature of my circuitry.

01-22-2009   #13 (permalink)
Angelic Healer~
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineLeague of LegendsLuniaVindictus

Allea has a spectacular aura aboutAllea has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayyy
Lol, Fine, your worries are over.

...Also, they improved lube drop rate? Iirc I was getting a pretty decent stream of lube when we did the inventor run. Improve the drop rate of DRAGON CRYSTALS, gdit.

I'm worried about the changes to Goncourt too, I mean 10k/book exchange is ridiculous. This means that 100k is only going to get us 10 book exchanges (as compared to 100 in the past). Book prices are going to soar >.> And goodbye Bookworm title, no way I'm ever going to complete that now.
Well that's only for the exp/craft books...and exp books aren't tradable in the first place anyways...so only craft books would be affected...otherwise I liked this patch overall too but I've always been on and off on Atlantica.

IGNs: League of Legends: Allea
~Arigato KratosAurion-san.