ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Other MMO Games > Atlantica Online > Atlantica Online Guides > Atlantica General Guides

League of Legends
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

League of Legends

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
08-11-2009   #1 (permalink)
I KNOW THAT FEEL BRO
Special

Shirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Shirakani
IGN: Kyoji
Class: Shootin' Mah Balls
Level: 130
Guild: Minerva
Default Jacking teh Pho - How to Make Monies With Jackpot

I've been asked a number of times by various guildies as well as friends in other guilds/nations as to how best to make money with jackpot. There are many ways to do this but there are set ways that are extremely profitable.

So here's what I personally do as well as cover some options for lower levels on how to make money. I'll go off and mention here that this stuff is not a corporate secret, and it somewhat bewilders me as to how many people haven't put two and two together yet.

First thing to mention, and arguably the most important: The jackpot window DOES NOT GO AWAY when the licence expires. A lot of people don't know this. The window will REMAIN there, holding all your items, but new items will not go into it. If you activate another licence, the window becomes active again. If not, it will stay there until you claim it, then it will disappear.

That being said, now the following items are generally good to jackpot:
  • Ashen Crystal
  • Giant Crystal
  • Redemption Crystal
  • Phoenix Crystal
  • Dragon Crystal
  • Growth Vial [Adv]
  • Tears of Tetonian
  • Skill Books (kekeke War Cry...)
  • Hero's Blood
  • Pure Dragon's Blood
  • Large Animal Bones
  • Thick Animal Bones
  • Adamantium/Steel, Adamantium/Steel Ingots
  • Phoenix's Feather
  • Enchant Boxes (NOT the Red and Blue ones)
  • Beastman's Fang

Not a comprehensive list by any means but you get the idea. The Ind dungeon rewards are no longer jackpottable in order to fix the economy and market value of Freezing/Divine tier equipment. However this is a small loss. Jackpot was originally intended to be a means to obtain more CRAFTING MATERIALS not as a way to gear up for practically nothing.

Items you CANNOT Jackpot are:
  • Lucky Wood Pieces
  • Hades' Crystal
  • Secret Material Chest
  • Bonus Monster drops, i.e. Old Treasure Chest
  • Keys
  • Quest Items
  • Dragon God's Wishstone
  • Red and Blue Enchant and Crystal Boxes
  • 7 Day Merc. License
  • Independent/Guild/Nation Dungeon reward boxes
  • Special boss drops, i.e. Three Headed Dragon Ring, Hydra's Poisonous Gland, Fallen Power Ring, etc
  • Water Dragon Scales
  • Insect Shells
  • Dust of Death
  • Torn Pages
  • Poisonous Fangs

*Unjackpottable list courtesy and credit to Promethus from the official forams.

The General Idea
Jackpot works on values. Each item has an internal value that determines the 'worth' of the item. If you sacrifice a high value item to obtain more of a lower value, you will most likely obtain a very substantial amount of that lower value item. The reverse however is also obvious where if you try to obtain a high value item with lots of low value items, you are going to get a grand total of absolutely freaking nothing.

People have obviously tried, and failed horribly, and trying to get more equipment boxes in jackpot. Upon failing they usually go OMG JACKPOT SUXXXX and never use it again. This is what we like to call 'doing it wrong'. NEVER try to get more equipment boxes in a jackpot, they exist purely as high value sacrificial materials.

It is also very important to understand that on a general whole whenever you are attempting to jackpot ind item rewards, the value of the ind items you get will be SIGNIFICANTLY lower than the combined value of the sacrificial items. Do not jackpot ind items to SELL, you're making a massive loss. Only jackpot the ind items if you intend to USE them to gear up, otherwise just don't bother.

The Method
First, you will want to go and farm for the item that you want. If at all possible you want nothing but the item in the first 1-3 slots and NOTHING ELSE in the jackpot. I'll use Redemption Crystal as an example as this is what I've been farming recently. Here's how I do it;

Firstly, go to a dungeon where mobs drop the crystal. These are all at Very Low rates and largely will be a headbang dull exercise. This is unavoidable. A good place where I do this is Bran Castle Shadow Dungeon. The alloy dolls in there drop the crystal. DISABLE AUTO SEARCH if you have it. The reason for this is you ONLY want to loot very specific items or mobs, and you don't want the bot picking up misc trash. Start killing the dolls, and look at the jackpot window after every fight. If there is no crystal in the window, Acquire All items to clear the jackpot, and fight some more. You want to keep the window as CLEAN as possible. Eventually you will get 1 or 2 crystals in the window with possibly 3-4 items of junk, leaving the majority of the window clear. If you can get the crystal in slot 1 or 2 and NOTHING ELSE, well, that is the IDEAL scenario. Chances are you won't though.

A way to manipulate this is to party with a friend, and set the Loot Type to Leader. Have the party leader obtain all bunk drops until he has gotten all types EXCEPT the crystal, and then deliberately fill up his inventory so he cannot obtain any more items. When a new type of item drops (ie the crystal) it will go into YOUR jackpot as the leader cannot obtain any more items. This is one way to GUARANTEE a slot 1 clean drop with no junk. However your friend will most likely want a cut of your profits for doing this as it really, really can be headbangingly dull.

Once you have obtained your crystal, it's time to farm for valuable/high value boxes to sacrifice. If at all possible, you want one of the following boxes in the jackpot;

Osiris, Shogun, Volcano Valley, Conqueror, Freezing and Divine Boxes

If you have limited slots due to a poor drop/too much junk, then start at the highest box you can obtain safely and work your way backwards. The following mobs drop the lower level boxes at a High rate;

Osiris Box = Slave General at the Red Machine Shrine, Hell's Watchdog or Silent Cannoneer at Valley of Kings 1B/2B respectively.
Shogun = Dark Crystal Safeguard or Executor Titanus at the Bloody Moat/Garden of Withered Flowers.
Volcano = Salamander (solo boss) in Salamander's Nest

Having a patrol licence does help with these as they are all minibosses except Salamander, but be warned they do NOT guarantee the box, so it is down to luck. Here is where you want to loot ONLY the boss corpse, and allow all the other corpses to disappear. If your jackpot fills up in the process (if you're doing this as a lvl80-90 player), then you will unfortunately have to clear the lot and restart from square one.

For the higher levels, and unfortunately as with all things, jackpot is always easier as a stronger, higher level player... the following bosses drop Conqueror, Freezing and Divine at a near guaranteed rate;

Conqueror's Box = Constantinus XI, Sedna
Freezing Box = Sedna, Machine Gun Brooks, Reckless Control System
Divine Box = Tlaltecuhtli King (Aztec End Boss), Thorn Beast

Out of these bosses, Constantinus is the only one that does not GUARANTEE you a Conqueror's Box. He does have several other items on his loot table, but he would be the easiest to kill and the Conqueror's Box is on his loot table as the ONLY 'Very High' drop.

Sedna and Brooks will guarantee you either a Conqueror or Freezing box, one or the other. Their loot tables ONLY contain these two items and nothing else. But of course, they are difficult bosses that will generally take the average 100+ at least 30 minutes to kill.

What I do is after getting my crystal is I go and pay a visit to Sedna and Brooks, ensuring that the next two items in the list after my crystal is a Conqueror and Freezing Box. If I feel lucky, I go and hit Aztec boss. If you do decide to hit this guy, make SURE you use the medicine that greatly reduces damage from mobs in the Aztec area, otherwise your chance of winning is literally zero. Divine box is not NEEDED, but it is definitely NICE TO HAVE.

Tip from Levin: Instead of Aztec boss, go kill Thorn Beast for a Divine box. I like this idea. Thorn Beast is MUCH easier than Aztec boss, who officially has the record for the most ridiculously overpowered AoE in the game. Thorn Beast hits half as hard. The only problem with THIS is to get into Fowlman's Room you need to be lvl108. Aztec has a lvl106 requirement, but meh... in all seriousness the chance of a lvl106 beating that boss is next to nonexistant unless they are EXTREMELY well geared.

From here, you have two choices to start 'packing the box'. You can either go and farm to try and put some of the lower boxes into the jackpot, or go and run Ind dungeons and/or Goonzu 2nd Floor. Goonzu 2F is HIGHLY recommended as it is possible to get MASSIV BAWKS within the two hours. If you cannot handle Goonzu 2F, then Ind dungeons work just as well but give less of a reward.

That's pretty much all there is to it. From here it's simply a matter of 'holding' onto the jackpot window that you have, and add more and more boxes to it through daily Ind runs, and if you're like me, over the course of 2 weekends or more, go and Goonzu... you will wind up with a very significant number of boxes. When you feel that you have farmed enough, select the crystal and Jackpot.

???

PROFIT!

I hope this helps all of our not-so-affluent guildies who are struggling to make money and wondering how jackpot can be used. Naturally, the higher level/stronger you are, the easier it is to make money.

Good luck to all of you with your jackpots!

Last edited by Shirakani; 08-19-2009 at 07:41 PM. Reason: Updated for patch

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
08-12-2009   #2 (permalink)
Sleepy Pineapple
Special

Levin has disabled reputation
IGN: Sety
Class: Sleepy Pineapple
Level: 11x
Guild: KoC

I don't think poison fangs are the greatest things to jp from that indi, afterall sometimes you get less value out of the jp than the boxes in your jackpot.

08-12-2009   #3 (permalink)
I KNOW THAT FEEL BRO
Special

Shirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to behold

You pretty much always get less value if you jackpot ind items. Only do it if you intend to USE them, not to try and profit from them. Jacking teh pho on poison fangs can make quite a nice bow or axe if you put enough together.

08-13-2009   #4 (permalink)
Sleepy Pineapple
Special

That depends on the server, I've always made quite a bit of a profit with jping indi items on Thebes. I thought the title included How to Make Monies?

Also Thorn beast is also a good option if you don't mind using a fowlman's key to get in there, he drops a divine box or phoenix feather, both good for sacrifices.

What's the name of the medicine for the Aztec area or is it a quest item? I need to hit the king or thorn beast for divine box for my warcry jp...

Last edited by Levin; 08-13-2009 at 02:49 PM.

08-13-2009   #5 (permalink)
I KNOW THAT FEEL BRO
Special

Medicine is 'The Grace of Onteotl' (OMG WTF OTL). Craftable or buyable off market for cheap. Thanks for the tip on Thorn beast, i'll have to try that one and see if he's easier than Aztec boss.

If you're going to jp warcry (and assuming you have divine, freezing, conq box), don't even dream of claiming it until you have HUNDREDS of the boxes (i mean literally). There are some attempts poasted on the official foram where ppl have gotten 600 or so warcry back, but this is with a LOT of box.

Last edited by Shirakani; 08-13-2009 at 06:11 PM.

08-13-2009   #6 (permalink)
Sleepy Pineapple
Special

Well, he's not too hard with res scrolls after you kill his mobs. Afterwards you can just take your time killing him since his aoe is weak and his normal attack is the only thing that hurts and possible 1hko.

I'm going to try the aztec boss now that I got 2x phoenix feather from him.

08-13-2009   #7 (permalink)
I KNOW THAT FEEL BRO
Special

How is his normal attack hit? Is it sword, axe, spear, corner (reckless control) or bullshit (tower/gate)?

If his AoE is a non risk then meh, warcry+toxic = GG.

08-13-2009   #8 (permalink)
Sleepy Pineapple
Special

It's a sword pattern so it's easy...once you kill off all his mobs.

Bah I was close to killing the aztec king boss but then he got me.

08-13-2009   #9 (permalink)
I KNOW THAT FEEL BRO
Special

Aztec boss is the opposite to Thorn beast, his physical is pretty weak but his AoE really does hurt. Do you have a Pirate? If you do, Toxic his ass to stop the AoE. Otherwise you may want to swap a witch+exo in for the first few turns. Mana Burn+double Mana Drain him twice, his MP pool isn't hueg.

08-14-2009   #10 (permalink)
Sleepy Pineapple
Special

Yep I have a pirate and spartan...lvl 50-70 just got them a few days ago. Managed to beat him, just took way too long and would've been nicer if I did have my sparty and pirate up.

08-14-2009   #11 (permalink)
I KNOW THAT FEEL BRO
Special

Yeah, if you have a pirate and spartan at usable levels then the fight's a joke, once he's under toxic and warcry you only have to HG every 6th turn or so. If no Pirate to kill his AP, then every 3rd turn you must HG the magic weakest line.

His AoE is ridiculous, it must be said... my NVik has 34k HP and if he gets hit by the AoE 3x, he dies... that's LITERALLY over 9000 damage per AoE...

08-14-2009   #12 (permalink)
VIP

Tamiki will become famous soon enough

you forgot dragon crystal on the list. JPing that would be hax money.

08-14-2009   #13 (permalink)
I KNOW THAT FEEL BRO
Special

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamiki
you forgot dragon crystal on the list. JPing that would be hax money.
Oops! Amended.

08-14-2009   #14 (permalink)
Lazy Lurkin'
Special
Games
Atlantica OnlineDofusTrickster OnlineRift: Planes of Telara

Javier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Javier
IGN: Ripchord
Class: Commando

Is it really? I mean I see people sacrificing tonnes of divine, freezing and conq boxes and shitloads of other mats to get a decent dragon crystal JP. At the end of the day, I would think the profit is only marginal.. considering all that time spent grinding and tidying up the JP window. Might as well open those boxes, enchant and sell?

It's the nature of my circuitry.

08-15-2009   #15 (permalink)
I KNOW THAT FEEL BRO
Special

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javier
Is it really? I mean I see people sacrificing tonnes of divine, freezing and conq boxes and shitloads of other mats to get a decent dragon crystal JP. At the end of the day, I would think the profit is only marginal.. considering all that time spent grinding and tidying up the JP window. Might as well open those boxes, enchant and sell?
Yes and no. As a general whole you will arguably be making more if you simply claimed your loot. The X factor here is the 'jackpot'. If you jackpot and get an 'average' pot, then yes, you've made a loss. But if you get lucky and get a 'critical' pot, then you've made possibly double. It really IS a 'gamble pot' at the end of the day, just like everything else in the game.

08-17-2009   #16 (permalink)
Squirtle Squirtle
Games
Guild Wars 2Trickster OnlineAtlantica Online
Awards Facebook Fan

boomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really nice
IGN: Boomsticky
Class: Guardian lt_guardian
Level: 80

Guide has been moved to AO's General Guides.