ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Other MMO Games > Atlantica Online > Atlantica Online Guides > Atlantica General Guides

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack (6) Thread Tools Display Modes
02-22-2009   6 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1 (permalink)
Squirtle Squirtle
Games
Guild Wars 2Trickster OnlineAtlantica Online
Awards Facebook Fan

boomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really nice
IGN: Boomsticky
Class: Guardian lt_guardian
Level: 80
Default Money Guide: Using the Trading Post

What's a Trading Post?

A Trading Post is where you can trade regional items from one town to another. It is accessible from any Town under the Town Button.

What Do I Need to Get Started?

Well, there are a few things in order to make good use of it:

- Your Main must be lvl. 96, which is the min. level in order to use the Trading Post.
- A Trade Permission License (20hrs.) [Can be bought from the market for 1m fixed price]
- A good amount of money to spend (200k+ for sure; millions recommended).
- Have most, if not, all towns available to be warped to.
- Little time and effort.

General Information on the Trading Post

Generally, the way Trading Post works is that one would buy a number of regional items from Town A, then sell it to a Trading Post in Town B for possible profit. In addition, you need a 'Trade Permission License' in order to use it. The rules for the license is that it will last for only 20 hours and that you can make only 50 trades. If you made 100 trades, then you can not make any more trades nor can you use another 'Trade Permission License' until time expires.

How to Make a Profit Out of It

To make the greatest profit out of the Trading Post, assuming you have everything you need as mentioned above, please follow the following steps:

1. Go to a Town (i.e. Town A) (excluding Rome since it doesn't have a Trading Post)
2. Click on the Town Button => Trading Post
3. View all the regional items listed in the menu and check their prices.
4. Depending how much of a budget you're working with, choose the highest listed priced item possible (2m+ for best profit). Don't buy it, just remember your selection. If none is to your liking, repeat Step 1 and research there.
5. Once you've made your decision, view the selected item and see what towns they are regionally from.
6. Of the towns listed where they were regionally from, choose one and travel there (i.e. Town B).
7. Once you've arrived (to Town B), visit their Trading Post and look for the item you've decided on earlier (in Town A). If they happen to not have what you're looking for, then repeat Step 6 and choose another town. If none of the towns have what you're looking for, then repeat Step 4 or start all over at Step 1.
8. When you've found the desired item, make sure the price is much, much lower than what you've seen (at Town A) so you don't lose profit. Purchase a maximum of 50 of it.
9. Once all items are purchased, return to the original town with the highest price on it (e.g. Town A).
10. Upon arrival, visit the Trading Post and sell all the regional items you've bought.
11. When you're done, you should have completed 100 trades and should wait until your 'Trade Permission License' expires. If you still have more to trade, then repeat the process.

The Results??

If you've done everything correctly, then you should have more money than what you've already started. Moreover, the town with the greater price on the item, the greater profit you'll make from it.

Need Evidence/Clarification? I'll put some pictures up during the process if needed.

Last edited by boomsticky; 07-02-2009 at 09:33 AM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
02-22-2009   #2 (permalink)
Lazy Lurkin'
Special
Games
Atlantica OnlineDofusTrickster OnlineRift: Planes of Telara

Javier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Javier
IGN: Ripchord
Class: Commando

I will try this out when I'm 96. 3m more exp to go ;_;

It's the nature of my circuitry.

02-22-2009   #3 (permalink)
Darklord Zerato

Frosty is on a distinguished road

i went from 52mil to 296mil im 3 days...

steps 6~8 is confusing @_@

cos usually if u choose an item to sell to from a town say [Perfume]

you tele to Amsterdam/Paris to buy it then sell it back to the town you were at first

*note that buy/sell price is the same. (ie if [Perfume] is 3mil in that town you can buy it for 3mil from that town or sell it to them for 3mil)
*there is a trade fee so if your selling to them for 3mil you will get 2.7mil
*the buy/sell price will drop if its has 600+ item in the trading post

Last edited by Frosty; 02-22-2009 at 10:35 PM.

02-23-2009   #4 (permalink)
VIP

Tamiki will become famous soon enough

I'll try this when I reach lvl 96.

Good guide there Boom.

02-23-2009   #5 (permalink)
▄█▀█●
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineIkariamSword 2La Tale
Awards Retired Forum ManagementEvent Winner

Catharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond repute

Nice job. +rep

02-23-2009   #6 (permalink)
Lazy Lurkin'
Special
Games

Javier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud of

Ok, I finally got to 96 today and I tested it out. Just some observations I thought I should share:

The trade permission license allows you to make 100 "trades". Thing is, every purchase OR sale you make, counts as one "trade" (and not one (Purchase+sale)= one trade). What this essentially means is that for every license you use, you should only purchase a maximum of 50 goods- this will count as 50 "trades". When you sell them to another town, this counts as another 50 "trades", so 50+50=100 "trades" allowed by the license.

Also, @ what Frosty said, this is quite important to note. So in effect it's actually better not to buy 50x items at one go, because each one you sell will progressively fetch less money. What I did was buy in batches of 20x, or 25x.

Last edited by Javier; 02-23-2009 at 07:27 AM.

02-23-2009   #7 (permalink)
Squirtle Squirtle
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

boomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really nice

alright, I'll fix it when I get the chance...

thx guys

02-23-2009   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special
Games
AionAll Point Bulletin (APB)Asheron's CallAtlantica Online
Awards Retired Forum Operations Staff

Theosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Theosis

The trading post won't be extremely profitable in a couple days towards a week. Only reason people can make so much right now is because it's new and all of the items were in seperate towns. Once the items start spreading out more, you will make little profit by doing this.

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomsticky
4. Depending how much of a budget you're working with, choose the highest priced item possible (Recommend 2m+). If none is to your liking, move to another town and research there.
That's a mistake, highest possible item that gave the most profit was 1m. You'd buy items for 1m and resell them for 2.7m. But now that the items are being spread out now, the buying price is starting to increase and the selling price is starting to decrease. It's like 1.2m to buy and about 2.4m to resell now

Name Changes: Please check if usernames are available before requesting by typing this in your address bar:
http://ggftw.com/forum/members/username_wanted_here.html
Steam Account - doobie15
Battle.net Account - Theosis#1417
Guild Wars 2 IGN - Theosis.8752

Last edited by Theosis; 02-23-2009 at 09:46 AM.

02-24-2009   #9 (permalink)
Squirtle Squirtle
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

I dunno, is this better?

Though, currently the Trading Post is somewhat disabled till Wed. maintenance (see announcement). I hope it doesn't change anything :P

02-24-2009   #10 (permalink)
Lazy Lurkin'
Special
Games

Guide's looking great! Though we'll have to wait till Wed to see what happens .-.

02-26-2009   #11 (permalink)
Darklord Zerato

don't bother using it now until 1 month later.

if u buy an item from an origin town @ qty5000
you need to wait about 40 days to break even
and u need 2mil for trade permission as well.

say @qty5000 rug (1,500,000) u buy one
@qty4523 rug (1,6500,000) u sell it
1,6500,000 - 150,000 (10%tax) = 1,500,000 therefore u break even
u need 39 days 18hr for it to go down to qty4523 to break even

tip now is to wait for atleast a month before u start trading

02-26-2009   #12 (permalink)
VIP

Tamiki will become famous soon enough

They should of scrapped trading post if theres no gain anymore...

02-26-2009   #13 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Fiona is on a distinguished road

They can't scrap it. One of the level 108 quests is to use the trading post.

02-26-2009   #14 (permalink)
Lazy Lurkin'
Special
Games

My only doubt is whether the products will get consumed fast enough. Since everyone will be stocking up at the origin, and waiting for supply to decrease at the selling site, people may just start selling off their goods if they think they can make a sliver of profit. Which will quickly bring up the quantity to 5000 again?

02-26-2009   #15 (permalink)
Darklord Zerato

u only get profit when the qty drops down to 4500ish which will take a long time and prolly after 1 min it can go bak to 4600ish if ppl sell the 100 but they will make a loss since thats only to break even with the goods u buy at the start and it doesn't even take into account of the 1~2 mil for the permission.

trading post go alot complicated after the patch just wait like 1month +

the most important thing to consider now is how ur goin to cover the 10% sell fee and the 1~2 mil for trade permission.

03-22-2009   #16 (permalink)
Squirtle Squirtle
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

The Trading post can now be used for profit. However, at this time, the amount of money gained is little and would need more time to age.

03-25-2009   #17 (permalink)
Darklord Zerato

unless u like to tele over 20+ town buying/selling 1 or 2 qty of item but still its not worth the effort or the time =x

trading post have never been the same after the fix QQ (i miss the hax money!!)

01-20-2011   #18 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

Idiotina is on a distinguished road
Default I'm interested

I have a similar situation. Can be discussed.