Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
10-08-2009   #1 (permalink)
全砲門!Fire!
Special
Games
LuniaLuna OnlineLand of Chaos OnlineGrand Chase
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerWandering EyeTwitter FanPervert Award

Gladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud of
IGN: 混合
Level: ⑨
Guild: NoGay
Default Gladiat's Asuka PvP Guide

Gladiat's Asuka PvP Guide

Welcome to my 2nd guide on Asuka. This guide will cover the many tricks that Asuka has to offer, and I hope you learn a few things from my guide.

I recommend that you check out my Asuka Skill Guide for information on her skills. You may find some information that you didn't know before!

Section 1: Introduction to Asuka
Section 2: Melee Combo Strings (A/S/Space)
Section 3: PvP Techniques
Section 4: Making First Hit
Section 5: Vs. Class Strategies
Section 6: Build Template
Section 7: Battlefield Test 1 PvP

I'll also keep a changelog so you can see what new things I've added to this guide!

*Next planned section*: Videos

Changelog:
MM/DD/YY - Completed Guide Released

Note: This is a guide for 1v1 PvP.

Directions will usually be using numbers on the number pad, rather than arrow keys or directions.
Always assume the direction you initially face at the beginning of each combo is 6 (Right) unless otherwise stated.

Skills followed by (Number) mean the number of hits that the skill should hit before you cancel or it misses.

Strings where it states (turn) in between A and S strings mean to choose a direction that will allow you to hit your oppponent

Comments and criticism are welcomed. Any contributions to this guide will be properly credited. If I do not properly credit you, please let me know so I can correct my error.

I don't mind people sharing this guide but proper credits must be given to me, and a link to this thread must be posted.

Once again, like my other guides, my guides are open to criticism from everyone. I'll accept any contributions you have to make to my guide, and you will be credited.

On that note, if you are to copy this guide in any way, you must give credit to me and /ggFTW, and also include a link that leads to this guide.

Credits:

Last edited by Gladiat; 06-27-2010 at 10:23 AM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
12-08-2009   #2 (permalink)
全砲門!Fire!
Special
Games

Gladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud of

Section 2: Melee Combo Strings (A/S/Space)

The following strings will make up almost all of the A/S/Space strings you do in your combos.

AA: Asuka slashes to her right with her left sword, then left with her right sword.

This string is your 'probing' string. You'll be using this string a lot to get the first hit you need. There are other uses for this string, such as air time reduction whenever necessary, and also to control distance between you and your opponent so you do not end up missing with your skills.

AAA: Asuka slashes to her right with her left sword, left with her right sword then up with her left sword.

This string is pretty important as you can omit the 4th A that usually comes after this if the target is too high for the spin to reach. It can also be used as a starter, but I would get into a habit of using >>AS instead.

AAAA: Asuka slashes to her right with her left sword, left with her right sword, up with her left sword and does 2 spins to her right while moving forwards and slashing 3 times with her swords. Cannot be executed unless AAA connects.

This string is extremely important as it is the main string you will be using to reposition you and your enemy in your combos to link your skills. Master AAA (turn) A (turn) >>A (turn) S and you will be able to move your enemy to wherever you wish in the field.

AS: Asuka slashes to her right with her left sword and up with her right sword.

This string isn't as important. It helps reduce air time if you notice that the target is too high for AAAA to connect. This string won't be used very often but it is still important nonetheless. It can also be used as a starter and gives more height than >>AS or AAA.

AAS: Asuka slashes to her right with her left sword, left with her right sword then up with her left sword while jumping.

To be honest, I rarely ever use this string. However, it can still be used as a starter as well as a transition string in combos to lower height and close distance.

>>A: Asuka runs forwards and slashes to her right with her left sword.

This string is the meat of windmill. However, as an Asuka, you do not gain height from >>A so you cannot do windmill infinitely (unless you do it so fast that MysticalOne/magicmushrooom will worship you as 'Windmill God'). Windmill is probably the hardest technique to learn on any character.

Other uses for >>A include ground flinch locking, air time reduction and also for closing distance while comboing your target to chain your next skill.

>>S: Asuka runs forwards and slashes to her right with her left sword. Hits downed opponents. You move a farther distance than >>A.

This skill is quite important for picking enemies up off the ground. I use this very often as four of your skills can connect after this. They are as follows:

Shadow Blade
Moon Slash
Swift Death
Heart Piercer

This is important as it executes faster than space as a reset. It will give an adequate amount of air time to combo after (slightly less than >>AS). Using this while the target is still in the air will reduce air time.

>>AS: Asuka runs forwards, slashes to her right with her left sword and slashes up with her right sword.

This is vital. This string will be your main combo starting string that is used in conjunction with AA in the string of AA >>AS. It is extremely important that you learn to do this fast enough that you do not get cancelled so your opponent won't have a lucky chance to escape. It is also used in part of her infinite combo and her positioning strings. This is usually used in the following situations:

- On the ground as a starter
- In the air after a skill to move closer to the opponent
- AA(A) >>AS strings to reduce air time and to move closer to the opponent
- In the infinite combo AAA (turn) A (turn) >>A (turn) S

Space: Asuka jumps and drives her two swords into the ground.

This is quite an important string as it allows you to reset damage decay via a space reset. Also, it allows you to deal additional damage to the opponent even if you do not wish to continue after it. Note that targets whose HP is reduced to 0 will still get up and be able to attack.

Rising A: Asuka spins and slashes as she gets up off the ground.

This is your only invincibility frame that you have in regular non-rb 1v1 PvP. It can also be followed up by quick casting skills if you knock down your opponent. >>S is one of my favorites to use after this as it is very difficult to escape and if the opponent uses their Rising A you can easily respond with Feign Death or a skill with Endurance frames.

Last edited by Gladiat; 06-26-2010 at 10:10 PM.

12-08-2009   #3 (permalink)
全砲門!Fire!
Special
Games

Section 1: Introduction to Asuka

Asuka the Dual-Wielder Swordsman is a fast, multi-hit character. She is a DEX class character, which means that Asuka's critical rates and maximum damage will be quite high out of all melee class characters. Her stat growth rate is the exact same as Sieg's, which means you will have a great STR/VIT/INT growth but your DEX growth takes a hit... which isn't exactly what you want for a DEX based character. Her criticals do not do as much damage as other classes because she is based off DEX, but your criticals will occur often.

Most of Asuka's skills involve extreme distance movement, where you end up moving the distance of half a screen in less than a second in most of your skills. This will require lots of room in PvP for your combos (or a wall) and absolute mastery of character positioning (in and out of combos)

Pros:

- Extremely fast movement speeds in regular movement and in skills
- Has the same desired special movement techniques as Sieg (S-dash, sidestep)
- Fast casting skills
- Complete Endurance frames on skills which prevent you from being cancelled
- Great close range skills that affect a wide area in front and sometimes behind you

Cons:

- Barely any mid-range and long range skills
- Low damage per hit
- Damage decay from air comboing will hurt your damage severely from just one skill
- Lowest DEX growth out of all DEX characters
- Windmill doesn't add height and cannot be infinite

Last edited by Gladiat; 06-26-2010 at 08:41 PM.

12-08-2009   #4 (permalink)
全砲門!Fire!
Special
Games

Section 3: PvP Techniques

Last edited by Gladiat; 06-27-2010 at 10:22 AM.

12-08-2009   #5 (permalink)
全砲門!Fire!
Special
Games

Section 4: Making First Hit

With Asuka, I find that your first hit is extremely easy due to your insane movement speed which is comparable to Tia's, and second only to Ralph and a high level speed buff'd Lime.

When fighting most classes, sometimes you'll notice that they cannot compete with your speed. No, I'm not telling you to hit and run, I'm just saying that you'll be able to dodge most of the attacks they send at you more quickly. The only problem is if you are going from an insanely slow character like Dainn or Arien to a fast character like Asuka. Before you play Asuka, try playing a faster character like Sieg, Ralph or Tia before moving to Asuka. This will allow you to get used to her movement speed and also get a feel for sidesteps and S dashes, and allow easier mastery of her movements.

The only problem with Asuka is that because most classes seem to be slower, you will have a slightly harder time fighting quicker opponents. For first hits, try using techniques that you would use on Sieg (their method of first hit is extremely similar except for the fact that Asuka is much faster). Probe into the enemy's area with AA and sidestep or dash out of that position if you do not connect, and repeat. However, if you do this in a pattern, you become extremely predictable and they will be able to snipe you down with an attack. I recommend alternating patterns of moving towards and away from the opponent when you do AA probing. Another other thing you could do is skill trap. You can use some skills to force your opponent to move where you want (Ex. Flash of Light). However, they may do some things unexpected (Run behind the wave in Flash of Light etc).

You may or may not want to just use >>AS rush at the opponent occasionally if it seems like the dropped their guard. Asuka's quick speed will allow you to rush in and catch them on their mistake. However, be prepared to use a quick skill to escape incase you miss and you see that they are about to start a combo on you.

Use S dashes to maneuver around the field, and alternate S dashes with regular dashes and sidestep. If you sometimes backtrack and retrace your steps, you can confuse your opponent into making them anticipate the wrong move.

Once you land AA or >>AS on your enemy, then you are able to begin your combo and tear out over 50% HP with ease (In my case anyways `-`)

Just like with Sieg, try to follow these steps:

1) Keep the opponent on the screen.

Last edited by Gladiat; 06-27-2010 at 10:28 AM.

01-16-2010   #6 (permalink)
全砲門!Fire!
Special
Games

Section 5: Vs. Class Strategies

This section will provide you with a number of ways to combat classes. Keep in mind that these may not work on every person as not everyone has the same strategies and trains of thought, so don't be surprised if you come across a few people that can cover their class' weaknesses stated here.

Vs Sieg

Vs Dainn

Vs Eir

Vs Tia

Vs Lime

Vs Dacy

Vs Krieg

Vs Yuki

Vs Arien

Vs Ryan

Vs Kali

Vs Asuka

Vs Ralph

Vs Dark Eir

Vs Arta

Vs Goan

-Will be released when Goan is implemented into IjjiLunia

Last edited by Gladiat; 06-26-2010 at 08:44 PM.

01-16-2010   #7 (permalink)
全砲門!Fire!
Special
Games

Section 6: Build Template

From all the classes I've played, Asuka has a nice set of skills that involve character movement. However, I find that many skills are required in her build, meaning that you don't have many choices into creating your own build.

However, that doesn't mean that every build has to be the same. There are still choices that impact the way you use them, and in Asuka's case, there is not useless skill. All of them have a role in PvP that you may not realize.

Here is the skill template that I recommend you use when picking skills. Keep in mind that I am going off a level 75 character, and I am assuming that you have rebirthed at level 70 and have the +2 SP bonus.
Asuka Core PvP Skills Template

Here are a few completed builds that you may try out if you wish. If you have any you would like to contribute, you are welcome to do so! I don't mind if you laugh if I make any cheesy names for my builds :P

Spoiler!

Last edited by Gladiat; 06-27-2010 at 10:25 AM.

01-16-2010   #8 (permalink)
全砲門!Fire!
Special
Games

Section 7: Battlefield Test 1 PvP

This section will cover what I think Asuka does best at in PvP.
Asuka has high speed and quick multi-hit skills which will enable to you deal enormous damage in a short amount of time through air combos, and objects are easily destroyed by the flurry of slashes Asuka dishes out.

I am assuming that you do not have access to any of the rebirth skills as I assume you are using a PvP build, and if you do, you obviously know where these skills will fit in this guide (Mostly same role as the non-rb versions)

Attack:

This is where Asuka's usefulness truly shows. At the start, it is already Asuka's time to shine. Right when it starts, go rush to one of the gates, and begin pounding on it. Your skills and swift attacks enable you to break the gates faster than any other class. By the time the entire enemy team finishes gathering their passes at the top, I guarantee you that you will have already destroyed at least 1/4 to 1/3 of the gate, and even more if you have rebirth skills.

At the gates and device, these are your primary skills to use:

Bladestorm
Moon Slash
Hamstring
Swift Death
Spiraling Blades

I am able to bring down 1/4 to 1/3 HP of a single gate within 15-30 seconds solo, so that should show how fast a team of Asukas can rush through the battle. Add in Magic Defense and Protective Aura, and you should be able to get to the device (or at least Lord Andre) before 3 minutes has passed.

I do not recommend staying behind to guard wood because of the potential damage you could be inflicting on the gates and device. However, if your team is extremely inexperienced, then staying back might be an option.

If there are any suspicious documents available, I recommend letting experienced level 60+ Dainns take it before you take it yourself. DDB will allow them to deal some guaranteed damage on the device if it casts, but their chance of surviving until they reach the device is much lower than yours because of magic defense and protective fortitude. If gates are repaired, focus on breaking them as the Dainns rush the device.

When you are fighting Andre, I recommend that you attack Andre as fast as possible with Blade Seal. Assuming you are not interrupted, you will deal an easy 4000-5000+ damage with all 10 hits. Once you do that, you have a choice; keep attacking Andre, or taking out the enemy players.

I usually recommend attacking Andre if you have higher damage than most people on your team and let your team keep the other team busy as you hack away at Andre. Asuka has extremely low damage compared to other characters if you are not including defense reductions. If there are no enemies, then go kill Andre.

Once you kill Andre, break through the gate and rush the device. I recommend using Flash of Light a short distance away from the gate to knock back anyone without invincibility frames, then proceed to destroy the gate.

Once you reach the device, ignore the machines and destroy the device. Your specialty is in dealing multiple hits, not doing high damage like most of the other classes. However, if you choose to do some damage first, simply Blade Seal one of the machines, escape with Bloody Afterimage then let your teammates finish them off. The device has around twice as much health as a gate (I think), but that should pose no significant challenge to you. Assuming you have 5 minutes remaining, you should be able to take out half the core's health in 1-2 minutes alone (Assuming you aren't picked off the moment you reach the core or before that).

Defense

Asuka's greatest weakness here is the range of her attacks. Your range is garbage, but your usefulness in defending gates from the inside is even worse. The only two skills that have enough range to do ANYTHING SIGNIFICANT are Veil of Swords and Flash of Light.

As soon as the match starts, rush up and take a Gate pass, then proceed to run outside the castle. Go to the wood at the bottom, and go beneath it. The reason for doing this is for visibility and range issues. If you were to stand above it, you are more easily seen, and therefore, you can be killed quickly. Going beneath it allows the trees to obstruct the view of your character, and you will be able to destroy the wood more easily. The wood has approximately a health of 20-25 hits, so if you do that, you'll break the wood. With Asuka, that's managable within 5-10 seconds of uninterrupted attacking.

At the wood, your primary skills are the same as the ones listed in the Attack section, as well as any rebirth versions of the listed ones.

Continue this for the whole match, and fall back to the keep when the device health drops below 33%, less than 3 minutes are remaining, and 1 or more gates are open (Or under 25% health). Turn in woods whenever necessary.

Last edited by Gladiat; 06-27-2010 at 10:27 AM.

01-16-2010   #9 (permalink)
全砲門!Fire!
Special
Games

-Reserved for secret future addition ;D-

Last edited by Gladiat; 06-26-2010 at 08:45 PM.