ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > General MMO Community > Universal Guilds > Astro Blitz Guild

Vindictus
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Vindictus

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
01-24-2013   #1 (permalink)
♚ Fairytale Princess
Games
Trickster OnlinePangyaRusty Hearts

Sakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Kanani
Class: Wi/Wa Soul Master to_soulmaster
Guild: Astro Blitz
Default The Fate of Astro Blitz

Well then.

I'm pretty sure one big question is, "what is Astro Blitz gonna do now?"

Honestly, I don't have an answer.

I'd like to hear what everyone's gonna be up to once eTO kicks the bucket.

For me... I am debating about finding another MMO, but at the same time, I think enough is enough. I've talked it over with Magus (my former guild master over at Red Dragon a long time ago) and it made me think a bit. I don't think I'll want to play another MMO, not at least for a long while. Losing TO and Astro is still a huge shock to me, as being aside from the first MMO I've played. It's dedication and creation of memories.

And boy, did we make a lot of memories. And I think that's what would hurt me the most.

So! Officially on February 27th 2013, I am retiring the guild master/overseer/rebelseer of Astro Blitz. My duties, cornerstone-ness and the cheerleader of the guild is over, as is TO.

If anyone would like to start their own incarnation of Astro, please do so if you want. I'd love to hear what kinds of trouble ya'll got into. And if I do end up joining the new Astro on a game, I'd be honored.

Trying to type all this up without crying sucks hard. So I guess I'm gonna leave it at that. When the end is getting near, I'll make a new thread to post your RIPs. ; ;

For now, I just want to say thank you to all the Astro Blitz members, past and present, for making the guild what it is: our home. Our hideaway. That place where we could play trampoline on the Penguin God's belleh and he wouldn't have all the care in the world, as long as we were happy and having fun. Ya'll are so awesome that words fail. I'll never forget you all and what you've done for Astro.

REMEMBER GAIZ: PARTY HARDY, NEVER GIVE A FLUFF AND THE PENGUIN GOD LOVES YOU, NO MATTER WHAT

With all the love and music and booze,
Kanani

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
01-24-2013   #2 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker
Games
Trickster OnlineRusty HeartsPerfect WorldLeague of Legends

Mikayo is on a distinguished road
IGN: Mikasoap
Guild: ASTRO BLITZZ BABEY.

;A;

Love you kaniiiii <3 :c Thank you so much for everything. I'm going to miss everyone so much TTATT

01-24-2013   #3 (permalink)
Just some random hobo
Games
Trickster Online

ShinMegami is a jewel in the roughShinMegami is a jewel in the roughShinMegami is a jewel in the roughShinMegami is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Vistrado
Class: fire/elec/dark wiz to_wizard
Level: 261

Not really sure here, I'll probably spend more time on my consoles and when it's time, I might pick up some more college courses so I'll be able to focus on them more.

Kind of the same way on the MMO thing, trickster is the only one I really stuck with for more than a couple of months, remember joining slightly after one of the pop events, think it was 5k or so points and remember how people were in a rush to abuse the 25k one. (the level 70 pets were the highest default myshop ones if I recall when I joined, level 90s got added shortly after I went to fant I think)

Been through quite a few guilds too, astro's probably been the one I've been in for the longest. Was High Wind, Hylians, Mint/Kiwi, then finally astro as far as order went I think, I even got a whisper from Magus asking me to kick him and one of his friends so they could go on to make Red Dragon if I recall correctly.

At any rate, suppose I should wrap this up. I'll probably end up looking at skype and trying to make an account to stay in contact. XD

Last edited by ShinMegami; 01-24-2013 at 09:26 AM.

01-24-2013   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlineContinent of the Ninth
Awards Facebook Fan

kuryuki is a jewel in the roughkuryuki is a jewel in the roughkuryuki is a jewel in the roughkuryuki is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Check siggie?
Class: delicious sheep buns. to_champion
Guild: Requisition/Astro Blitz

I have a feeling trix is the only game I could run on this old desktop without too much lag, but after I get a new laptop I might start on some other MMOs...but that probably won't be until summer which I guess in a sense is good since I can focus on my studies a little more >.<

as for MMO I was looking and blade and soul with ciel the other day and the graphics are stunning~;u; aldkfjdskf it's so hard to find a game with trickster like graphics though....they're all mostly..3d now.

if nothing happens to the forums I'll probably come around here now and then and see what's happening with everyone, but otherwise I'd just be on deviantart, twitter, tumblr and skype (⁰⊖⁰)

but for now I'm gonna look for time and get my bunny to 290 so I can use that mace (ง ̀┌┐́)ง, and fuse a bunch of stuff xD not looking forward to the lag the switch accounts frequently to transfer stuff'll cause me though.
[ GMT: -7:00 ]...[ Server: Fantasia ]
IGN: FishSauce | Hybari | Effervescent | Kishiou
[ AniPAN | DeviantArt | Pixiv | Tumblr | YouTube]

01-24-2013   #5 (permalink)
Feeling nostalgic, huh?
Games
Trickster OnlinePangyaAuditionzOMG!
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerFacebook FanPervert Award

Gaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Gaap
IGN: Makina
Class: Multi-Character to_boxer
Level: Pro D
Guild: Magika

And there I will salute. Let's make the best of the last several weeks (or at least a month to play) to get our highest characters to Lv. 400! I am WAITING for that EXP Bonus event so I can go and grind like crazy!

Like your state, I really want to turn down my leadership for good on Mirage Coordinator. YES! THAT'S RIGHT!

For a good long attempted hiatus, I really wanted a new guild leader who had the same guts as mine to take over. But nope. ;_; So now, It will most likely be myself at the Chaos Towers (after I take down Blood for the last time).

So yea. Do keep the forums up for communication sake, but otherwise once the game is gone, I don't think my forms will stay as a normal guild forums and more like a club house for surviving connected friends. I had a addiction to RPing and writing stuff, so I'm not sure if I will pick up a new game... And if I do get back, I will most likely gonna go resume on Eden Eternal even though the guild I'm in would most likely had died.

My sis (Eliselotte) will miss this game too, even though it had a ton of glitches and GG problems. She will have RO with her, but as far I know, she's at a friend's "private" guild for that person's characters. :V Plus my sis had better things to do like art commissions!

Me and Kani had Tumblr, so that's one way to stay connected! The other is Skype. Third... Facebook.

So yea. Gonna wait and see what the ggFTW staff is going to do with these dead guilds once eTO is gone. I HOPE I can pull out some guild events that will make the last moment wonderful in-game!

- Timer Rabbit

01-26-2013   #6 (permalink)
♚ Fairytale Princess
Games

Sakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond repute

Well since Fantasia hasn't gotten the EXP bonus, I've lost motivation to level Kani. .___. So I've been working on my Champ and Primadonna who shares the same account since. That and I do want to play my other chars for a bit before the server goes down. .__.

01-26-2013   #7 (permalink)
Just some random hobo
Games
Trickster Online

ShinMegami is a jewel in the roughShinMegami is a jewel in the roughShinMegami is a jewel in the roughShinMegami is a jewel in the rough

can understand that since it's quite a few levels considering the time frame and amount of grinding that'd need to be done.

I'll probably still get my buff to 290 since I have the means to do so and 9 levels in about a month's time should be very easy to do especially since I still have a few pqs I can milk for exp. XD

I should probably look into a skype, I'll most likely post it here if I do decide to get around to not being lazy and getting one.

01-26-2013   #8 (permalink)
Feeling nostalgic, huh?
Games

Gaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond repute

Yea. Jewelia has the EXP benefits, but it sucks being alone with a now-dead guild. (Again my fault.) I'll get on soon to take some screencaps and compile a siggy of all of my characters in one beautiful circle~ All of what they look so far... Golly they are beauty!

Sadly even though I do adore Trickster and all, I have already learned to move on and invited a few friends for PangYa. Being at the age of 24 by tomorrow, I am on the break from RPGs and the MMO stuff. So PangYa is a great escape and still has the MMO capabilities. I have invited two of my RPers into the game and either bought them nostalgia (PangYa has been on Wii or PSP in USA) or fresh starters~ :P So... I guess no loss except for the money spent there. I will miss all of my bunny-girl harem.

01-26-2013   #9 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlineContinent of the Ninth
Awards Facebook Fan

kuryuki is a jewel in the roughkuryuki is a jewel in the roughkuryuki is a jewel in the roughkuryuki is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Check siggie?
Class: delicious sheep buns. to_champion
Guild: Requisition/Astro Blitz

I'm decently motivated to lvl my bunny so I can wear the mace..I still debating on whether I wanna aim for 300, but that'd be a nice place to end at since 400 won't be possible haha. not so motivated for my other chars though D: so I did comp some stuff and never used them;;; especially after I kind of fused a few of my other character's equipments so my bun can look pretty OTL
[ GMT: -7:00 ]...[ Server: Fantasia ]
IGN: FishSauce | Hybari | Effervescent | Kishiou
[ AniPAN | DeviantArt | Pixiv | Tumblr | YouTube]

01-26-2013   #10 (permalink)
♚ Fairytale Princess
Games

Yeah, I'm pretty much at that stage where I am ready to move on once it closes down and have no desire to play in the other TO versions. If someone made a stable pserver or another game company picks it up (lolyeahright), I'd reconsider. But as of right now... the end is nigh.

Been having fun on Revo lately tho. ;o And since I've about a full week of my driller pet left, I'm letting her have all the fun and sucking down on TM EXP potions. ;D

01-26-2013   #11 (permalink)
Just some random hobo
Games
Trickster Online

Guess my buff can ohko davids with an ap helm I never really messed with, has to be a high crit though. That opens the pq up and gives about 15% per rep, so that'll help.

Pretty much in the same boat, I'll enjoy what time is left but once the game closes I'll move on since it's unlikely that another company would pick it up. I might try tera, but I'll likely be done with mmos after this.

01-26-2013   #12 (permalink)
♚ Fairytale Princess
Games

Oh wow. =O Vis being done with MMOs? That's a shock. LOL But yeah, I can see where you're coming from. The other MMOs I'm looking at (besides Pangya and Rusty Hearts, which I still need to figure out my lag problem) is Ragnarok Online, Eden Eternal, La Tale and Tera Online.

But for now, I'd like to pick up my life a bit and focus more on art stuff (dolls, learning how to sew, taking pictures, doing artsy stuff in general) and playing/replaying a lot of console-based games and playing more Pokemon since I am so far behind. q-q;

01-26-2013   #13 (permalink)
Just some random hobo
Games
Trickster Online

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakurah
Oh wow. =O Vis being done with MMOs? That's a shock. LOL But yeah, I can see where you're coming from.

But for now, I'd like to pick up my life a bit and playing/replaying a lot of console-based games
Pretty much the reason, would like to pick up some more classes and the such to get through school a bit faster than I am, kind of going at a snail's pace currently.

other than that, no other MMO has really kept me as long as trickster has, think at most I've lasted maybe about 6 months or so before getting bored as an estimate.

01-27-2013   #14 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games
Trickster Online
Awards Facebook Fan

Inspiration will become famous soon enough
IGN: Inspiration
Class: Master Procrastinator to_champion

Dear Astro Blitz,

Well, the update error's kept me out since around November so in a way, I was already halfway gone (though Trickster and some of the people in it were never far from mind). Guess I've always hoped that it would be fixed but...wow. Six years. That pretty much flew by in game. What led me to it was when I was playing AdventureQuest, there was an ad on the side and the thought was something like, "Hey, that looks cute". I remember wandering around Paradise and then meeting one of the very first people that would keep me with Trickster for so long (B<3) and then the circle grew. Haha, Sol and I met in Luffy's AnimeAngel and although we ended up choosing different guilds after, me back to *Pocky* and he went to Kiwi (that evolved into Astro), it was nice having another friend. Long story short, a few guild changes and years later, he pulled me back into Astro and the rest is history. So many great personalities, what can I say to you guys except thank you? Thank you for your time, joy, and generosity, for building a place where we were free to be ourselves, for taking in a little bunny when she was sad over being one of the sole survivors in yet another defunct guild. It's tough to say goodbye so for now, I'll just say see you later.

With bacon, love, and penguins,

Inspiration/Fluff =J

P.S. I'd support a keep-in-contact thread and tried out Pangya. It pales in comparison to what I found in Trickster Online but what can I say? You never forget your first? The first cut is the deepest? Haha, pulling another song title into a letter. Idk. It's just random rambling now so...

Later.

Last edited by Inspiration; 01-28-2013 at 06:25 AM.

01-28-2013   #15 (permalink)
♚ Fairytale Princess
Games

Awwwww, Fluffy... ; ;

I hope at least anyone and everyone that spent some time in Astro had a good time. :< All those jokes, those innuendos, those "johnson" comments, those "girls" comments... lol I think flipping through the screenshot thread would give an idea.

I also got an idea for over the remanding month: I'm gonna find each of you and screenshot you. ;O My next day offs are on Friday and Sunday to make it easier.

01-28-2013   #16 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games
Trickster Online
Awards Facebook Fan

Inspiration will become famous soon enough
IGN: Inspiration
Class: Master Procrastinator to_champion

Well, if you think about it, John's son (half his DNA) came from there so that nickname for it sort of makes sense . As for the girls, uh...soft and squishy? (Can't think of another adjective atm, though Squishy brings to mind Dory's jellyfish. Finding Nemo - I Shall Call Him Squishy - YouTube)

Flipping through the screenies= mostly warm and fuzzy inside, maybe ought to post some in the screenies thread when there's time (/still procrastinating, working on it though D: )

01-29-2013   #17 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

bunnyy101 is a splendid one to beholdbunnyy101 is a splendid one to beholdbunnyy101 is a splendid one to beholdbunnyy101 is a splendid one to beholdbunnyy101 is a splendid one to beholdbunnyy101 is a splendid one to beholdbunnyy101 is a splendid one to behold
IGN: GeminiSpark
Class: SoulMaster to_soulmaster
Level: 250

welll RO2 is open beta right now, i recently make a character and testing out. so yeah, if anyone is playing let me know~ since i am still very confuse on which server to play in ahaha, and it would be nice to play with you guys, since my one source of game now is disgeae 4 and fire emblem awakening~

01-30-2013   #18 (permalink)
♚ Fairytale Princess
Games

Yeah, I was flipping through mine yesterday and was all /wibble and /LOL.

At least we'll be here, Aries? ; ; I think Pokemon is eating me alive again, by the by... And too dead tired to log on TO tonight, I wonder if they ever fixed the map derps.

01-30-2013   #19 (permalink)
Feeling nostalgic, huh?
Games

Weird. I don't get Map fails. Though I died two times at the boss raid event~

Kani, I added you @ Steam as "Mami (Candeloro) Tomoe"! I'll add Inspi to PangYa when I get on again. I need to sleep soon. X_X

01-30-2013   #20 (permalink)
♚ Fairytale Princess
Games

In Fantasia? I gave up yesterday and didn't feel like logging on because of them. e-e;; I wanted to play on Jackie too...

And I guess this Friday (or later down the week if I feel like it) I'll start screenshotting my chars. :s