ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > General MMO Community > Universal Guilds > Astro Blitz Guild

Lord of the Rings Online
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Lord of the Rings Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
09-03-2012   #1 (permalink)
Feeling nostalgic, huh?
Games
Trickster OnlinePangyaAuditionzOMG!
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerFacebook FanPervert Award

Gaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Gaap
IGN: Makina
Class: Multi-Character to_boxer
Level: Pro D
Guild: Magika
Default This ain't no Randomness factor... Astro edition.

Okay. Sorry if I have made a mirror thread to the one at Mirage forums. But... Gasp is facing issues with a trolllistic PC that can be a sign of aging. After cleaning the dust off those fans, the situation had gotten a whole lot worse. The "SYSTEM" file claims to be missing or corrupted... When the last few days did work despite these troll restarts! :S

So... I could use help. Also, this means that I can't get on Trickster eve though my sister can via her notebook. I am using here tablet at the moment...

So.. I am on the web depend on tablet a ability. Or the school computers if at campus.

Huge help is appreciated. (Before I will consider checking the tech sub-forums.)

- Timer Rabbit

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
09-03-2012   #2 (permalink)
Just some random hobo
Games
Trickster Online

ShinMegami is a jewel in the roughShinMegami is a jewel in the roughShinMegami is a jewel in the roughShinMegami is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Vistrado
Class: fire/elec/dark wiz to_wizard
Level: 261
Guild: Astro Blitz

sounds a bit too advanced for me, but I can definitely relate to the situation.

hopefully you'll be able to get it fixed soon.

09-03-2012   #3 (permalink)
Feeling nostalgic, huh?
Games

Gaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks. The worse case scenerio would be buying a new PC... And I' m not sure if my mom will flip out because of my addiction reputation. :S

09-04-2012   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Prince is on a distinguished road
IGN: Astos,Mentus,Norbito
Class: Priest,Dark Lord, Wizz to_dragon
Level: 150,6x,13x
Guild: Astro Blitz~!

Well, this seems like my kinda problem ^u^

As you stated above, it might be due to old age, but I would be betting on the dust. Due to it gathering around the computer it is know that sometimes it can mess with the hard drive. The hard drive is pretty much a solid peace of metal with a magnetic reader. If dust gathers around it the dust gets polarized and sometimes can cause it to corrupt the data on the hard-drive. Hard drives are built to be sturdy especially old SATA types, since I also have a PC that I bought back in 2001 and its still running with the factory Hard drive. If you can still access it by any way, such as Safe Mode, try to backup the data, and then do a clean format on the hard drive.
If you have your Windows copy, you could try running it and see if you could repair the corrupt or missing files. If that doesn't work, then you could try a clean format, but you would lose all data that is stored on the hard drive.
If you solve the problem, I would recommend trying to get Windows 7, due to the fact that it has a recovery mode and is way more protected than the previous version of it.
And a little tip to avoid future problems like this. Try saving your most important data on external hard drives or flash disks. Even a brand new Pc can sometimes crash without giving a single warning.

09-04-2012   #5 (permalink)
♚ Fairytale Princess
Games
Trickster OnlinePangyaRusty Hearts

Sakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Kanani
Class: Wi/Wa Soul Master to_soulmaster
Guild: Astro Blitz

Astos is our resident Geek Squad guy! 8D

But yeah, read about the problem, Mini, sorry to hear that's happening ;;

09-04-2012   #6 (permalink)
Feeling nostalgic, huh?
Games

I manage to found a way to get back on, though a bit odd when surfing. Manage to watch my anime safely for the night and backed up on MF (dunno why I don't use Dropbox. I am not in that generation lol). ^^; Hopefully later tonight I will back up my 2012 vacation photos.