ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > Archive Material (Read Only) > Retired Forums > Retired Guilds > Astro Blitz Guild

Iris Online
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Iris Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
01-10-2013   #821 (permalink)
♚ Fairytale Princess
Games
Trickster OnlinePangyaRusty Hearts

Sakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Kanani
Class: Wi/Wa Soul Master to_soulmaster
Guild: Astro Blitz

Ah. oAo

looool Yeah, barely got in one run with Jackie + Char alone before getting derped and being told to fluff off. 8D

I should go make something to eat for dinner... but what. Hmmmmm.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
01-11-2013   #822 (permalink)
Just some random hobo
Games
Trickster Online

ShinMegami is a jewel in the roughShinMegami is a jewel in the roughShinMegami is a jewel in the roughShinMegami is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Vistrado
Class: fire/elec/dark wiz to_wizard
Level: 261

Was able to beat pringer X (can one shot him since I leveled the makai wars actually), there's a map with 8 of them now. Should make the arcadia easier to get once I can actually do the map. The pringers have a fairly nasty ability though where after you use a skill on them, any further use of that skill results in 0 damage on any of them. Best way to beat them is throwing them in an aoe pattern and hitting them with an aoe strong enough to one shot them.

other than that, I'll be able to start eating normally and all that today. Main thing is just avoiding straws and being careful about how I brush my teeth. I'll probably rinse my mouth with salt water too even though it's kind of unpleasant.

01-11-2013   #823 (permalink)
♚ Fairytale Princess
Games

Sakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond repute

Ewwwwww. D: That does sound unpleasent. </3

I'll probably come off as a jerkass here, but LOLs on the players who's calling that TO is dying.

Half of those players have been saying it for years, and TO is still up...?

I'm still thinking it's some butthurt kid who's giving the SGI staff a real headache and caused the other games to become unstable. Now I'd hate my games to be messed with as much as the next guy, but all I can say is to be patient. Go find something else to do, check back here, quit whining.

Oi vey, this community sometimes...!

01-11-2013   #824 (permalink)
Just some random hobo
Games
Trickster Online

ShinMegami is a jewel in the roughShinMegami is a jewel in the roughShinMegami is a jewel in the roughShinMegami is a jewel in the rough

Can understand that, while I wouldn't mind trying to level my glad some more it's not a catastrophe at all if I can't seeing as there's plenty of other stuff to do.

That said, the server being derpy lately does suck and I'd love for it to be stable. Until then though, I'll just find something else to do, doubt it's the end of trickster as discouraging as this recent event is.

minor edit that's basically just disgaea 4 stuff: managed to grab a legendary yoshi from a reverse pirating run, going to aim for my first rank 40 item which would be the baal sword. Haven't tried to properly max an item yet, so that should be fun.

Last edited by ShinMegami; 01-11-2013 at 05:14 PM.

01-11-2013   #825 (permalink)
♚ Fairytale Princess
Games

Well, came back home from work, so I'm gonna see how it is now and if map errors are still around in Fant and Jewelia still isn't playable... Well, fluff it, I'll go play on my 360.

01-12-2013   #826 (permalink)
Just some random hobo
Games
Trickster Online

managed to grab a 3 slot thorny ring, just have to look for a stabilizer for safe forging now and hope nate is somewhat nice after. XD

got the baal sword, but I'll probably hang on to the yoshi for looks. kind of wish the disgaea games had a weapon skinner npc that would let you do something similar to what fusing does on trickster.

The yoshi looks like a proper ultimate weapon. It's a sword with a decorated hilt and a square blade that has runes running down it. The sword even glows and crackles with dark electric energy. It's the weapon the enemy is holding in the video:
Spoiler!

Then you've got the baal sword, it's an oversized sword with runes, no fancy effects at all. Link has a picture:Baal Sword from disgaea 4 - The Nexus Forums

01-13-2013   #827 (permalink)
♚ Fairytale Princess
Games

Haha, actually I'm reminded of 4gs from the swords. 8DDD

WHERE EVERYBODY ELSE GO oAo

Welp, looks like I'll do some fun grinding for the next couple days. 8D Should be fun, planning on getting some action on Unicorn and Yuanxun. Wheeeeee~~

01-13-2013   #828 (permalink)
Just some random hobo
Games
Trickster Online

can see where the concept would match on that and dunno. D:

getting there with my glad, just 19 levels to go now. Trying not to get impatient about it but I'm pretty eager to see how much he can do with the maiden ring and mace in game, especially with lightning strike. XD

01-13-2013   #829 (permalink)
♚ Fairytale Princess
Games

I know that feel. =3= Be thankful you don't have as much chars as I do and wanting to level them all and stuff. 8D

I need to assemble an ass-kicking playlist. THE GRINDER'S LIST, music to kick ass to. 8D

/wheeeeee too much mountain dew

01-14-2013   #830 (permalink)
Just some random hobo
Games
Trickster Online

that's true, mainly just focus on one at a time and then level them at a somewhat lazy pace. Maybe one level per day if I do feel like grinding and the server doesn't blow up. XD

got a legendary arcadia on disgaea 4 during the 8 pringer x battle, perfected baal sword really helps kill stuff. Think I'm on floor 60 or 70 of the arcadia right now, I'll port out on 99 so I can go to the land of carnage item world and steal the trap there, max that out, then find a puppy paw stick for duping it since perfect item making is a little tedious.

tl:dr of that paragraph is get best emblem, get duping weapon, lots of duping to be had for (somewhat) less grindy team gearing.

01-14-2013   #831 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games
Trickster Online
Awards Facebook Fan

Inspiration will become famous soon enough
IGN: Inspiration
Class: Master Procrastinator to_champion

Don't worry Kani, Kirby's on the lookout for everyone~

"The sad part about a good series ending is feeling like there is so much more that could be written."-K.M.

Last edited by Inspiration; 01-14-2013 at 01:38 PM.

01-14-2013   #832 (permalink)
♚ Fairytale Princess
Games

KYAAAAAAAA OMG SO CUTE /dies

And Fluffy lives! =D

You sound a lot more prepared when dealing with this kinda stuff, Vis. Reminds me of some optional end-game stuff that's like a million times harder then the game's end-boss. The Via Infinito dungeon in Final Fantasy X-2 comes to mind, that place is a nightmare. q__q; An excellent grind spot, but a complete nightmare to get through. I haven't even beaten it yet... </3

Tho' quickly reading from the Superbosses wiki entry from the Final Fantasy, the only superboss I've ever beaten was Omega Weapon from FF8. Twice. Took way too damn long, lol. Oh, and Angra Mainyu from FFX-2, didn't know she was considered a superboss as well (she is a b*tch!).

Last edited by Sakurah; 01-14-2013 at 01:55 PM.

01-14-2013   #833 (permalink)
Just some random hobo
Games
Trickster Online

it might be a trap, kirby could've ate everyone XD

and that just kind of comes with the territory for nippon ichi post game fights, everything is incredibly overpowered and eventually the player's characters get there as well.

main game stuff is pretty tame by comparison, strongest characters might be getting in the 10k range stat wise maybe, possibly just breaking 100k for 4. In my current post game, think my strongest character has at least 20 mil atk, going to be much more within a day or two as well.

Far as final fantasy super bosses go, think I beat emerald in 7, ultima in 8 for the eden GF, ultima in tactics, though I don't recall if I learned zodiac from him or not, forget which ones I did in X, know I did at least one weapon, did a good chunk of the monster arena ones, and don't think I've fought one in any of the games beyond that XD.

seen videos of the omega fight in 8, seems like the main ways to go are lion heart, irvine's ammo limit, or being really good at zell's limit.

01-14-2013   #834 (permalink)
♚ Fairytale Princess
Games

LOL Yeah, you'll want to soften Omega up and then smack him hard. >:U My favorite team is Squall/Irvine/Rinoa for this reason.

I had to go out of my way to get the Gilgamesh card so I can get Holy Wars. ;o Rinoa's limit breaks are just too random. </3 But yeah, summon Doomtrain (making sure he gets a hit in first for guaranteed Vit 0 status), Cerberus and Eden. Cast Aura on all or at least Squall and Irvine. Get a Holy War in. Start beating his ass in. =D Rinse, repeat. Oh and have a bunch of Megalixers for insurance (Bahamut card, wheeee). I know Rinoa can be a really good magic user (I've capped her magic stat before when junctioned), but I usually have the really good spells junctioned and triple casting is generally a bad idea, so Draw-casting is more encouraged. Well, that and since you can only have so many commands, I usually give Rinoa the GF, Item and Draw commands anyway. Gave Squall the GF, Draw and Magic commands and Irvine the GF, Item and Magic commands just in case. I've also capped Irvine's strength stat for his Limit Break and tried to make Squall more balanced with more emphasis on strength.
Whoa, wall of text!

But as far as Ultima goes, he's not too hard, but if you have Lion Heart already, he's good as done. Also recommend Irvine's AP ammo or Pulse ammo. Meltdown is also your best friend.

Oh, and the Weapons in FFX are pushovers, the ones in the Arena'll kick your ass. D=

Last edited by Sakurah; 01-14-2013 at 06:34 PM.

01-14-2013   #835 (permalink)
Just some random hobo
Games
Trickster Online

yeah, remember fighting them in 10 and having a reaction similar to "that's all?", the arena fights are pretty nasty though. Emerald isn't too bad in 7 really, just remember to fight with minimal materia as a counter to his materia storm attack and you're pretty good, especially if you've got the knights summon.

far as the disgaea post game stuff goes, it's mostly about just ramping up your attack stat to the point that nothing can survive a hit unless it's on a geo panel that somehow nullifies it (invincibility, reverse damage, or mighty enemy off the top of my head, evade is pretty obnoxious too) or they have some built in ability to survive death by overly huge numbers. Raising speed helps too since it can make the enemy miss sometimes, seeing as that's the only practical way for an endgame level thing to not die in one hit.

That does give an advantage to fist users though since they have an easy to get 3x3 pattern aoe for the best grinding maps, damage based off of a combo of attack and speed, and have skills to move enemies to another free space on the map before they can outright kill whatever they touch.

That said, land of carnage enemies are capable of doing that before you're able to really inflate your stats notably and it of course is the only way to get the best items. So working towards uber stats basically works around reverse pirating and scrambling for green (legendary) treasure chests hoping good items pop out while evading enemies that will outright kill any character you have in one hit while your characters will be lucky to even hit the enemies.

yeah, starting the proper post game out is a bit annoying, the ability to see your character overkill enemies hundreds of thousands of times over is satisfying though.

*pokes adell in disgaea 3 that can do 13 billion on one enemy with the right set up* 8D

/unintended wall o' text

Last edited by ShinMegami; 01-14-2013 at 09:53 PM.

01-15-2013   #836 (permalink)
♚ Fairytale Princess
Games

I see, I see. o3o Can understand that, hard work pays off in the end.

Also sounds like me training on the Islands in FF8 end-game. I slaughtered so many Malboros. 8D They are at the top of being 'annoying random encounters' due to instant Bad Breath and if you're aren't prepared, you are screwed. x-x

I made Miu a new ava, wheeeeeeee <3

01-15-2013   #837 (permalink)
Just some random hobo
Games
Trickster Online

yeah, being inflicted with most of the status ailments in the game is annoying and pretty devastating. Ribbons are a life saver when you can get them.

normal world stuff is pretty much restricted to using poison to kill uber characters since it shaves 20% hp per turn, though espior (disgaea's esuana pretty much) and resistance boosters can either cure or prevent it pretty easily. Bonus is that even none healers with a decent healing spell heal for millions by end game.

01-15-2013   #838 (permalink)
♚ Fairytale Princess
Games

Well, since you can't equips items in FF8, the only thing you can do is at least set up someone with at least a 2x status defense from a GF. I personally prefer the 4x defense but as long as the certain character is not berserked and silenced, you're good to go, just gotta wait for them to wake up. I also prefer to add defense against confusion, because since you'll also be under Slow Petrification, you really don't have the time to screw around, with also being under Slow. Obviously this works out better for someone who has 4x and being in time to Esuna everyone. :'D

I didn't find the Malboros in FF7 and FF9 to be too annoying, just the FF8 ones. :S

And oooo. Millions of HP... lol I remembered something like the Break HP Limit skills for FFX/X-2. Very hard to get. :S But Break Damage Limit, ohohoho.

I think I was able to get that for Yuna. Let her learn Black Magic. She outclassed Lulu. :'D

01-15-2013   #839 (permalink)
Just some random hobo
Games
Trickster Online

ah XD

been a while since I've played 8, remember the junction mechanic pretty much being the most important thing to making a strong team other than the card ability that let you get items out of them.

been a while since I've played one in general actually, last one I remember was 12 that I rented a few years back.

and yeah, nippon ichi's niche is basically games with pretty deep technical mechanics that can be ignored for the main story but are extremely crucial to late game success, especially so for getting maxed out characters.

phantom brave was throwing the failure title on a weapon, ideally something with lots of speed, combining items, then moving the failure title back off the weapon for a good title. (failure was -80% to stats, so it made improvement pretty easy for a while.) basically made marona a one girl army that could kill everything before anything but her got a turn in. XD

makai kingdom was just heavy focus on reincarnation basically, reincarnating characters many times over into starred items made them really strong. Items were sort of secondary in that they can't be improved upon too heavily.

then disgaea is the opposite of makai kingdom thanks to item world, a random dungeon that levels your items which increases said item's stats. An example of this in disgaea 4 just to show how broken it can be: a fresh trap(best emblem in the game) gives ~7000 to all the basic stats, a bit more to hp and sp. A level 300 one gives ~510,000 to all stats, taken even further, a level 300 one that has had the item god(final floor boss) killed ~67 times for the bonus gives a solid 2.1 mil to all stats.

01-15-2013   #840 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games
Trickster Online
Awards Facebook Fan

Inspiration will become famous soon enough
IGN: Inspiration
Class: Master Procrastinator to_champion

Blegh, more update errors. Anyone know whether the file from this link /forum/trickster-onl...d-how-fix.html works and what're the effects of it on a computer?

Really need to get all the papers and stuff in order for class...onward to doing that! ...

"The sad part about a good series ending is feeling like there is so much more that could be written."-K.M.