ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > Archive Material (Read Only) > Retired Forums > Retired Guilds > Astro Blitz Guild

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
11-22-2012   #641 (permalink)
♚ Fairytale Princess
Games
Trickster OnlinePangyaRusty Hearts

Sakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Kanani
Class: Wi/Wa Soul Master to_soulmaster
Guild: Astro Blitz

I no longer "celebrate" holidays. :x I've pretty much come to terms that some people ruined it for me growing up and the big fact that it's just a huge waste of time, effort and money. That and I'm not as "people-y" as I use to be, in fact family gatherings bored the crap out of me. :|

All I like is some seasonal candy, some sales and I stay busy during the rushes.

I also have a huge dislike for Black Friday. Again, uncivilized people. I feel bad for the workers having to endure all that bullshit.

So as far as today went, it's... mehish. I was emo for most of my shift. :x

Last edited by Sakurah; 11-22-2012 at 06:39 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
11-22-2012   #642 (permalink)
Just some random hobo
Games
Trickster Online

ShinMegami is a jewel in the roughShinMegami is a jewel in the roughShinMegami is a jewel in the roughShinMegami is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Vistrado
Class: fire/elec/dark wiz to_wizard
Level: 261

ah D:

can understand the dislike for black Fridays, seems like it makes people even more insane and jerkish for the most part. Think I've only heard of very few exceptions and bet it's a bit worse this year since people are starting it early in to Thursday.

Don't really know if I've ever actually participated in a black Friday, get to hear plenty of horror stories though.

Far as how today went for me, went to the grandparents for lunch, got home, slept, and just woke up recently. Part of the reason for that was very little in the way of sleep yesterday.

Last edited by ShinMegami; 11-22-2012 at 08:29 PM.

11-22-2012   #643 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
Trickster OnlineDragon NestTera Online

Hyale is a splendid one to beholdHyale is a splendid one to beholdHyale is a splendid one to beholdHyale is a splendid one to beholdHyale is a splendid one to beholdHyale is a splendid one to beholdHyale is a splendid one to behold
IGN: I have altitis.
Class: |( ◡)|/ \(❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
Guild: Astro Blitz/Distinguished

D: Cheer up, Kani. /shares cookies and candycane Kisses

As for Black Friday.. yeah I feel sorry for the retail workers. x: Some people go nuts over some discounts. I've only been a few times myself to Best Buy and Target and those times were quite tame&civil. I heard all the crazyness usually goes down at Wal-Mart, though. One of my brother's experience from last year: Towels were on sale for $1.50 and these two ladies were fighting over one. One lady elbows the other in the face and busts her forehead open. Injured one grabs the towel they were fighting over to staunch her wound. Needless to say, she got sent to the hospital, while the other got arrested. All over $1.50. So ridiculous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinMegami
went to the grandparents for lunch, got home, slept, and just woke up recently
Sounds like my kind of holiday. Lol.

11-24-2012   #644 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlineContinent of the Ninth
Awards Facebook Fan

kuryuki is a jewel in the roughkuryuki is a jewel in the roughkuryuki is a jewel in the roughkuryuki is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Check siggie?
Class: delicious sheep buns. to_champion
Guild: Requisition/Astro Blitz

those ladies..must've really needed that cheap towel v_v
It's interesting how black friday sales moved its way into canada. It's been a while since I've done any physical shopping >3> (online shopping's been very convenient) the deals were alright, but didn't really get anything, I think I'm just too lazy to find the jewel in the piles of discounted ambiguous items.
[ GMT: -7:00 ]...[ Server: Fantasia ]
IGN: FishSauce | Hybari | Effervescent | Kishiou
[ AniPAN | DeviantArt | Pixiv | Tumblr | YouTube]

11-24-2012   #645 (permalink)
Just some random hobo
Games
Trickster Online

ShinMegami is a jewel in the roughShinMegami is a jewel in the roughShinMegami is a jewel in the roughShinMegami is a jewel in the rough

dunno why, but been on a nippon ichi game kick, got back into makai kingdom recently and working on getting the bonus characters. Leveling is a bit harder/ more costly than it is in disgaea games though.

11-25-2012   #646 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games
Trickster Online
Awards Facebook Fan

Inspiration will become famous soon enough
IGN: Inspiration
Class: Master Procrastinator to_champion

Hey guys, enjoyed your weekends? It was funny seeing the difference between Black Fridays in the US and Black Fridays in Canada on the news. In the US, it was like "WHERE ARE THEM DEALZ AT, HURRY, GRAB ME 2351059305173 OF THOSE! /general chaos" whereas when they showed the people lined up in Canada, there were relatively fewer and they looked a lot calmer, actually walking into the store instead of running.

Personally, I think the bleeding lady would have priority on the bleeding towel but was that the absolute last one in the bottom of the bin? ($1.50 really does sound like a good price though). "And why are you here at the police station today Ms. _____?" "There was this towel for $1.50 and someone tried to take it from me!" Note: someone can be substituted with any other noun you wish.

What do you mean that levelling is more costly in Nippon Ichi Vis?

"The sad part about a good series ending is feeling like there is so much more that could be written."-K.M.

11-25-2012   #647 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

kuryuki is a jewel in the roughkuryuki is a jewel in the roughkuryuki is a jewel in the roughkuryuki is a jewel in the rough

xD well not sure how low the deals go for US, but might be cuz the canadian deals are not THAT big >.> at least for the stores I went to, they were mostly like: 1. I'll probably see this deal again soon in the future or maybe even better deals or 2. v.v it's still out of my budget even with the deal.
;A; or the piece of clothing was in the male section and it doesn't come in my size.

11-25-2012   #648 (permalink)
Just some random hobo
Games
Trickster Online

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspiration
What do you mean that levelling is more costly in Nippon Ichi Vis?
Yeah, black fridays here tend to be complete and utter chaos from what I've heard. Once again, closest I've came to participating is honestly the sales on trickster when the myshop lags to kingdom come once the sale starts. XD

Leveling in makai kingdom is a bit more costly because of an interesting gimmick, the main character is a book that grants wishes, but the wishes take mana to grant. One of the best ways of leveling in the game is creating a user made dungeon with the person making the wish being 100 or higher and equipped with a food item. They start out relatively cheap at ~3k mana for the lower end ones, but they quickly bloat up in cost to the ~150k range without much trouble. There are ways to get that much mana pretty fast, but it takes a little while to get the proper set up to do it easily.

Whereas, with the disgaea games there tends to be a dungeon in the game called ____ of ordeals, one of the maps there is set up with a nice 3 by 3 grind of enemies waiting for their faces to be aoe'ed off. This can be done until the player gets sick of it and there's no further cost besides opening up the ordeals dungeon. Level in disgaea games doesn't matter quite as much as having awesome gear as well. In makai kingdom having awesome gear is nice, but leveling/reincarnating in to items with a good confine % are the main deciding factor in how powerful the character is.

Nippon Ichi is the developer of the games I've been playing. ^^

Last edited by ShinMegami; 11-25-2012 at 04:01 PM.

11-25-2012   #649 (permalink)
♚ Fairytale Princess
Games

Sakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond repute

I live! Sorta. ;x Good news is that I have a "weekend off". Bad news is that it's on Thursday + Friday. So up until Wednesday night, I'd be working for 13 days in a row. @__@

My new doll came in yesterday tho. C: Best stock boots and pants I've ever seen. I didn't expect his make-up to be a bit more pronounced, but that's okay, it's subtle enough to be one of my OCs. I don't know how I'd work in a male 27cm Obitsu body on him tho, but I'm entertaining the idea, especially since this particular OC is trained as a ninja. ;o

Mentally-wise, I've actually gotten a lot better, especially over the weekend. Shorter shifts = more laying around like a slug. 8D I've been playing Jade Empire again tho. I've also gotten lazy and kept forgetting to check to see if my PS2 still works tho, I'm thinking of buying Persona 3 and 4.

11-25-2012   #650 (permalink)
ggFTW Fan
Awards Facebook Fan

Sizzurp is on a distinguished road
IGN: Holla Holla Get Dolla
Level: 30 - 30
Xfire: ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)( ͡

im a starrrr

11-27-2012   #651 (permalink)
Just some random hobo
Games
Trickster Online

Finally decided to fight the strongest boss in makai kingdom today, ended up beating him in two turns with some combo boosting and attack buffing.

Needless to say, some characters died in between turn 1 and turn 2 since post game bosses in NIS games are very nasty and require lots of leveling and taking advantage of the game's mechanics to stand much of a chance.

The best vehicle in the game, Yoshitsuna is the reward beating the fight. It's basically a battleship with lots of item capacity, jacked up stats, nukes, and a giant, pinkish purple planet destroying death laser of doom.

Unfortunately, main post game content I have left involves random dungeons which restrict vehicle access, so although I can try gearing it up with the best items, I won't be able to abuse it as much as I'd like. Still very fun to mess with though. XD

11-27-2012   #652 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker
Games
Trickster OnlineRusty HeartsPerfect WorldLeague of Legends

Mikayo is on a distinguished road
IGN: Mikasoap
Guild: ASTRO BLITZZ BABEY.

Whooooops disappeared again. My sister has a friend over right now and they're playing Ib. So much screaming D:<

Has anyone played the Witches House? reallly good game.

11-27-2012   #653 (permalink)
Just some random hobo
Games
Trickster Online

I haven't, not much for horror games though. XD

Watched some lp's of horror games like silent hill way back and even though I wasn't playing them I still found them pretty unsettling despite some funny commentary. *pokes silent hill 2 lp, especially that doorman thing*

Main game series that I play that might, maybe be slightly, loosely be considered horror is devil may cry, but that's much more an action series than a survival horror one by far.

11-27-2012   #654 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

O.O 13 days in a row...is that even legal...? that sounds like a lot of overtime x.x

11-27-2012   #655 (permalink)
Just some random hobo
Games
Trickster Online

Speakers on the computer may or may not be out, plugging headphones in still works.

Parents were watching a show on hulu and discovered the sound was very faint so it sounded like they ran into the vista sound issue. Unfortunately, my dad is kind of the compulsive type and beat me to trying to do one of the more needlessly complicated solutions. Told them all that needed to be done is restart the computer to get it working most of the time. I'm fine using headphones though.

11-27-2012   #656 (permalink)
♚ Fairytale Princess
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuryuki
O.O 13 days in a row...is that even legal...? that sounds like a lot of overtime x.x
Probably something that wasn't meant for anyone, much less a lowly cashier. XD

But I had my breaks on days I worked, so I'm alright now. Tired, yes, but I'm alright. They finally talked to me about it yesterday, and I just went /shrug. I cannot complain about the overtime and I think excluding overtime, I'm about 50+ish hours at this moment? Not totally sure. By the time this pay period is over, I'll have a lot of them. >:3

11-28-2012   #657 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker
Games
Trickster OnlineRusty HeartsPerfect WorldLeague of Legends

Mikayo is on a distinguished road
IGN: Mikasoap
Guild: ASTRO BLITZZ BABEY.

Ahhhh I decided i'm going to try rusty hearts. Looks super interesting. c:

11-28-2012   #658 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
Trickster OnlineDragon NestTera Online

Hyale is a splendid one to beholdHyale is a splendid one to beholdHyale is a splendid one to beholdHyale is a splendid one to beholdHyale is a splendid one to beholdHyale is a splendid one to beholdHyale is a splendid one to behold
IGN: I have altitis.
Class: |( ◡)|/ \(❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
Guild: Astro Blitz/Distinguished

Oh snap, it's Mikaaaaaa. Rusty Hearts, huh? Doesn't Kani play that, as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rarity
I'm thinking of buying Persona 3 and 4.
You should, if you haven't played them yet. I enjoyed them quite a bit. I'm currently on my first run through of Persona 4 Golden atm. Think I'll follow a guide on my second playthrough for completion lol. Also I've just figured out the Vita can take screenshots. xD

11-29-2012   #659 (permalink)
Just some random hobo
Games
Trickster Online

Turns out my speakers work, dad just plugged them in where the webcam goes I guess, not entirely sure with how he said it. Kind of figured they were alright, just he gets a bit impatient, didn't know vista had sound issues, and automatically figured the speakers were the issue without thinking.

Haven't played a persona game yet, seems like the fighting game might be fun though since I like stuff like blazblue and a youtube user I watch used to play it. I might like the rpgs as well, but haven't really went out of my way to watch anything about them.

11-29-2012   #660 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

bunnyy101 is a splendid one to beholdbunnyy101 is a splendid one to beholdbunnyy101 is a splendid one to beholdbunnyy101 is a splendid one to beholdbunnyy101 is a splendid one to beholdbunnyy101 is a splendid one to beholdbunnyy101 is a splendid one to behold
IGN: GeminiSpark
Class: SoulMaster to_soulmaster
Level: 250

Wow it havent even been month and yet soo many update haha
How is everyone doing? *miss you nani*