Rating:  

LinkBack (2) Thread Tools Display Modes
12-09-2011   #341 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
MabinogiDC Universe OnlineVindictusLineage II
Awards Admin AwardMost Valuable StaffStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Harlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Harlequin Send a message via MSN to Harlequin Send a message via Skype™ to Harlequin
IGN: Cecilia Juelle
Class: Monk/Goldsmith lt_treasurehunter
Level: 50
Guild: Rapscallions
Xfire: glarbage

Alright, welp my final sculpture project is well on its way to completion. About ****ing time, too, since it's due on Tuesday. Today, I spent 5-6 hours in the lab, finishing the corkscrew and forming the head of my piece. By the way, for those of you who hadn't figured out what I was making, I can't blame you. It's a Swiss army knife platypus. Made out of wood, plastic, and various metals. I have yet to take a shot of the body yet, but here's where the head is at as of 2 PM today:

Pardon the shaky picture, I was in a bit of a rush. I'm intending to go in either tomorrow or Sunday to grind that down into the shape of a platypus head, which is fairly flat and broad. I would've done it today, but the wood glue was the last thing I did today, so it won't be completely ready to grind until sometime tomorrow.

Some of the work that went in to the head today included cutting and shaping the wood, forming the bill out of a scrap piece of rail (that I had found a month or so back) by cutting part of the rail off, then cutting it in half, and attaching the two sides that had been cut together, and then grinding the welds down so they would be flush with the surface. After that, I fabricated half inch metal tabs out of flatbar, and attached them to the bill. My teacher and I cut slots out of the wood that had been cut down earlier, and fitted the tabs in, and screwed them into place. After that, I grinded out some space in the piece of wood that was fitted above the tabs, because they had angled up a bit when I welded them. That way, all the wood would sit as flush as possible when it was all glued together. There's still a bit of a gap in between some, but I'm going to go in tomorrow with a mallet and smack the shit out of it until its sitting flush, too.

Things still left to do: Grind down welds in all the internal pieces (knife, corkscrew, bottle opener, etc.), shape the head, fabricate the tail, sand all wood surfaces, fit a board (or metal plate, or some undecided object) into the center of the body (to divide objects on either side of the piece), cut slot into the front of the piece to fit the tab for the head onto its own hinge (to give the head some rotation) fit top of the body to the bottom (which already has the hinges and various other pieces installed), apply wood finish and/or paint/primer to all wood surfaces, perform any remaining finishing touches, purchase any materials needed for the display (shouldn't be anything, but could possibly buy some spraypaint).

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
12-11-2011   #342 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Awards Admin AwardMost Valuable StaffStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Harlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Harlequin Send a message via MSN to Harlequin Send a message via Skype™ to Harlequin

Progress shots from today. So, today I grinded down the head, cut a slot in the front and fitted the tab of the head into a hinge on the inside of the structure, and fitted a board into the structure to divide the sides. Nothing that was done today was glued down/sealed into place, however. This will make it easier for me to transport it, and rework it later (since it's not going to be done in time for critique).

01-23-2012   #343 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

Welp, made a new avatar:

With and without borders, because I couldn't decide. Looking now though, I think I like it with border better.

01-25-2012   #344 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

Decided to making a color-flowing version of the same thing:

Also, expect to see progress shots from this semester in the foreseeable future.

01-25-2012   #345 (permalink)
doki doki freestyle only
Special
Games
Sword 2MabinogiTrickster OnlineRagnarok Online
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerGrand Signature Champion AwardSotW Beginner

Ascherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Ascherit
Level: weak
Guild: SOS Brigade

What program did you use to make the .gif? :0 The colors flow so nicely~

these swimming gays ruined my life

01-25-2012   #346 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

Ah, I just used photoshop and imageready for that. You know, nothing too crazy. It's only like 30 frames, I just didn't give it any time in between frames, so they flow as fast as imageready would allow.

01-29-2012   #347 (permalink)
:kamina: Pro

Goldie is on a distinguished road

Hey, I just viewed a lot of your artwork and wondering if I could make a small request. I'm just looking for a simple text signature similar to the one below.

Text: SUPER FOIG
Size: Around 300x120
Colors: Bright and vibrant colors maybe some blue
Example:
Spoiler!

Not looking for identical font or style just the pop out kind of shadow effect. Thanks I would really appreciate it and keep up the great work <3 much love.

01-29-2012   #348 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

Wasn't really sure where to go with this one, but yeah. I still have the PSD, so if you want anything changed on it, just say so.

01-30-2012   #349 (permalink)
:kamina: Pro

Goldie is on a distinguished road

It's perfect, thank you so much <3 +rep

02-03-2012   #350 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

Quick progress shot of the mask I've been making:

This was taken earlier in the week. Since then, I've finished painting the mask, minus the minor detailing work which I'll do a bit later.

02-29-2012   #351 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

So I made this yesterday.

I still need to give it shoes and stuff it so it doesn't look so skinny, but eh. Made it in one day, I'm pretty happy. Need to figure out what I want to do for the head, and I need to attach the arms still, but yeah. Almost done, really.

03-02-2012   #352 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

progress made on that sculpture:

brought it home, going to work on it over spring break.

03-02-2012   #353 (permalink)
You Wetawd
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineEden EternalLeague of Legends
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerWandering EyeFacebook Fan

MintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to MintyVampire
IGN: MintyVampire
Class: Kitttty
Level: 237/246
Guild: Ecks.T.C/Symphony/Deity ~I Love you guys <3~

I'll probably shet bricks if I walk into your bathroom, Joey.

03-02-2012   #354 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

There's no room anywhere else!! Side note, it's actually kinda scarier with the hat off lol. I just leave the hat there because it's handy.

03-24-2012   #355 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

Enjoying TERA so much that I made an avatar with my character :v

03-24-2012   #356 (permalink)
Mega
Games
LuniaVindictusS4 LeagueDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Donges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Dezel
Class: Support lt_mage
Level: 30
Guild: Prisma

How is TERA? I've been wondering if I should try it out or not...(especially since you'll have to pay for it eventually )

03-28-2012   #357 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

I've really been enjoying TERA lol. Liked it so much in fact, that I pre-ordered it. It's cheaper in the long run to just play a subscription game than a cash shop game, if you're going to be spending money anyway. My character class is an Elin Slayer :O

Anyway, I made some new avatars, Medaka Box this time around. Time to hype the anime, it airs NEXT WEEK. HYPE HYPE.

Mostly just image-grabs from the first few chapters of the manga. While the anime is running I'll probably skim through the whole manga again, to get some more images. This is good for now though :v

03-29-2012   #358 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

Made a bunch more luxurious Medaka Box avatars:

Hype.

04-09-2012   #359 (permalink)
Mega
Games
LuniaVindictusS4 LeagueDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Donges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Dezel
Class: Support lt_mage
Level: 30
Guild: Prisma

You said I could~ haha. Just don't stress yourself out over them! I can wait, trust me

I'm going to say just let your artistic-ness flow with these. I usually use 500 x 200 sized sigs and 150 x 150 avatars, but once again do whatever you think would look nice with them. The only thing I want is "Mega" on them wherever you see fit (hidden/small/big/whatever) If you want me to give you specifics / need anymore info just let me know.

I WILL let you know I like when the image goes outside the border of the normal "signature" background

Spoiler!

THANK YOU SO MUCH for taking these bazillion requests on, you always do an awesome job with your signatures and avatars

/lays down cookie offerings

04-23-2012   #360 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

Collaborative sculpture in progress, almost done. It's a public piece that is going to be installed on Thursday, and damn am I excited.

Just needs a quick buffing, painting, and protective coating. After that, we just have to haul it to the site and bolt it down. I'll get to your request soonish Mega, but I'm at the end of the spring semester right now, and as you can see I've been busy :v