Try 

Zero Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
03-01-2011   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
Grand ChaseMapleStoryTrickster OnlineLa Tale

RaineScarlet is a jewel in the roughRaineScarlet is a jewel in the roughRaineScarlet is a jewel in the rough
IGN: RaineScarlet
Default Animation Help

Hello ggFTW artists! I have a question regarding animation and such.

I was thinking of making a short animation (4 ish minutes) in Japanese animation style and was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to start out. I've taken a class in animation before, so I know how to draw thumbnail sketches, and I've used Flipbook as well, but Flipbook is a bit crude in terms of what I can churn out at the end (aka the end product looks like I've drawn something on MS paint), so I was wondering if there are any other programs out there that can "beautify" things (free preferred, but any is fine, really). It'd be nice if I could get suggestions for both the actual animation process and the video editing process.

I'm not a professional animator or artist even, but I'm very interested in this idea that I have, so I at least want to put together a collection of sketches or illustrations. My two options:
1) Fully animate the entire thing.
2) Make it more like a Flip-book, where the images change, but are still coherent. I DO want to overlay running/walking sequence on some parts though.

Any help is appreciated!

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.