Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Vindictus

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
02-24-2011   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Awards Event WinnerSotW Beginner

Eden is a jewel in the roughEden is a jewel in the roughEden is a jewel in the roughEden is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Tabi, Renmei
Default Another Art Thread

Was bored so I started making sig just for the luls

Oldest to Newest

k0n's tut outcome. when I finished this, I realized that I left out a lot of things ~_~. Also, first sig ever o/

Oversharpened orz and should have left the text out.

fff, messed up the focal point.

Really didn't like the outcome ~_~. Credit to Sandrie for the render.

I just started like 3 days ago lol. So critiques would really be appreciated.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
02-25-2011   #2 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker
Games
Cosmic BreakAsda StoryDofusDream of Mirror Online

theRabbit will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to theRabbit Send a message via Skype™ to theRabbit
IGN: MahiMahi
Class: Duelist/Judgment lt_gunslinger
Level: 15x/19x

Can't do critique but they're really pretty. I like the colorfulness. Feel that the third one could be a little sharper though. I really like the 2nd one, even if you say it's over sharpened. Just my opinion. 8]

02-27-2011   #3 (permalink)
k0n
YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineGunboundAtlantica Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerSotW MasterFacebook Fan

k0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to k0n
IGN: [JW]
Class: Hisui
Level: ****
Guild: YEAH

Your current sig is the best one right now. Most of your later work are pretty over contrasted to the point where the color bleeds into the other shapes of your work. Sometimes when you don't want some parts of your sig to conflict with your suggested focal point is to reduce the contrast or blur. Pretty nice though for a first time :>

02-28-2011   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Eden is a jewel in the roughEden is a jewel in the roughEden is a jewel in the roughEden is a jewel in the rough

@theRabbit

Thanks for the comment o/

@k0n

Yeah, I'll keep that in mind. Though I guess I have a little bit of obsession of blending the colors together until the point where the colors bleed ;_; Thanks though, I'll keep that in mind next time.

And new works

Me experimenting with liquify.

Experimenting with smudge, although I wonder why I chose that color for background :v

I wonder why....

02-28-2011   #5 (permalink)
k0n
YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineGunboundAtlantica Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerSotW MasterFacebook Fan

k0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to k0n
IGN: [JW]
Class: Hisui
Level: ****
Guild: YEAH

The Fade one is nice. The color scheme is nice. Bleeding the colors isn't that bad. It's just that you have to also adjust your color scheme so it doesn't appear too high contrast with your other colors (unless you really want to). I see most people bleed high contrast colors into darker colors so it makes appear like it's part of the lighting which you're doing here which is nice too. Other than that, it's a bit too sharp on the left side for a tranquil picture and the text could be a little closer to the body or head.

The 2nd one needs a little more sharpening to set a point on where the eye should be (your focus) and the text is way too far. I would put it closer to the center or your focal point so it doesn't get unrecognized.

The 3rd one is a little abstract. I really like the start of this one. The emptiness of the outer edges matches with the emptiness of the girl's expression which is a nice concept and a good foundation to build up your sig. You can do it bit more like adjusting the sharpening along the top center, adding some complementary colors as shapes, adding a text or two, or even masking some patterns in this to give it a little spiciness or jazz to the eyes.

You're improving pretty fast :>

Last edited by k0n; 02-28-2011 at 07:59 PM.

03-02-2011   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Yeah, I still haven't experiment with any texts yet. All of my texts so far are added at the last second with barely any settings lol. For the 3rd one, rather than abstract, I actually ran out of idea :v.

Thanks for the feedback though~

03-07-2011   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Ragnarok OnlineGunboundTrickster OnlineIris Online
Awards Event WinnerSotW JuniorFacebook Fan

Nekcihc is a glorious beacon of lightNekcihc is a glorious beacon of lightNekcihc is a glorious beacon of lightNekcihc is a glorious beacon of lightNekcihc is a glorious beacon of lightNekcihc is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: Beuregaurde
Class: Power to_boxer
Level: 1xx
Guild: Ignis Fatuus

I like your current sig and "Fade".
The "die" one, I can tell was supposed to look great as well, but the quality looks destroyed due to the sharpening. O:

REALLY GOOD THOUGH! ><