MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > Off Topic > Artwork / Graphic Designs

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack (3) Thread Tools Display Modes
02-13-2011   3 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1 (permalink)
~custom user title~
Special
Games
Asda StoryDragon SagaEmil Chronicle OnlineLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Queen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Queen Send a message via Skype™ to Queen
IGN: Evalyn Fior
Class: DRK/WAR
Guild: Excalibooty
Default Kyzuumi claims this thread

I've gotten back into making signatures again, so I figured I'd make a thread to document my terrible attempts at making them /o/

At the moment kind of working off k0n's tutorial as a way to figure out Elements 8, as I was using Photoshop 7 and I don't know where a lot of features that I like in 7 are in Elements. I don't even know if some of them exist. So thank you k0n for sort of helping me learn a bit more about Elements as I wouldn't have found half the stuff on my own ;_;

So I'll dump my signatures here o3o

Newest - Oldest

Completed Requests: Newest - Oldeset

Sidero - /forum/1473435-post12.html There's a few different versions a few posts up /guinea pig sig

If you want to request you can but I like 400x1xx so it's probably the size I'll use o3o

FFXIV NA Excalibur Evalyn Fior, DRK/WAR/MNK/LTW

Last edited by Queen; 02-18-2011 at 11:51 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
02-13-2011   #2 (permalink)
늑대와 미녀
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineTrickster OnlineGrand ChaseAudition
Awards Retired Forum ManagementEvent WinnerGrand Signature Champion AwardSotW Senior

Kudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Kudaranai

I like the first one. I would love the Gaga one more if it wasn't so empty ;_;

02-14-2011   #3 (permalink)
k0n
YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineGunboundAtlantica Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerSotW MasterFacebook Fan

k0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to k0n
IGN: [JW]
Class: Hisui
Level: ****
Guild: YEAH

Not bad actually and thanks for the recognition :P Though I hope you enjoy using these features. I would like to see if you could do something new with these features

02-15-2011   #4 (permalink)
Retired
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineDragon SagaLegend of EddaZoomumba
Awards Retired Division HeadMost Valuable DivisionEvent WinnerMoM AwardWandering Eye

Sidero has a reputation beyond reputeSidero has a reputation beyond reputeSidero has a reputation beyond reputeSidero has a reputation beyond reputeSidero has a reputation beyond reputeSidero has a reputation beyond reputeSidero has a reputation beyond reputeSidero has a reputation beyond reputeSidero has a reputation beyond reputeSidero has a reputation beyond reputeSidero has a reputation beyond repute

tay, i'll help your training. make a sig with this, please:

http://asset.100.ggftw.net/gallery/i...eage_2Rndr.PNG

02-15-2011   #5 (permalink)
~custom user title~
Special
Games

Queen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond repute

okay Sid I'll give it a shot when I get some free time.

02-15-2011   #6 (permalink)
~custom user title~
Special
Games

okay Sidero I finished ;_; I attempted C4Ds for the first time so it's a little more ehhh, but making it per request made me want to try and salvage it a lot more. The colors gave me a lot of issues.

02-15-2011   #7 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
MabinogiDC Universe OnlineVindictusLineage II
Awards Admin AwardMost Valuable StaffStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Joey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervert
IGN: Nasu Kha
Class: Carpenter lt_knight
Level: 60
Guild: Rapscallions
Xfire: glarbage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyzuumi
okay Sidero I finished ;_; I attempted C4Ds for the first time so it's a little more ehhh, but making it per request made me want to try and salvage it a lot more. The colors gave me a lot of issues.

See, I actually find this one a LOT better than the others. You can only do so much distort before it becomes obnoxious. My only suggestion on this is, like you mentioned, to fix the colors. The scheme itself is nice, but the colors are too heavy on the focal. I'd say... In the future, try to maintain some of the original's colors, otherwise it gets a bit lost in the background.

This is definitely my preference out of your works thus far though, the blurred background with sharp foreground creates a sense of space, which wasn't really occurring in the other pieces. Nice work!

02-15-2011   #8 (permalink)
~custom user title~
Special
Games

Thanks Glar. Tried to depurple a little Still is purple but less so? ;_; I tried going back to all my adjustment layers and playing around, ended up fooling around with the opacity of the original render as the topmost layer.

But I think the fact that the colors in the sig were a tad wtf at times made me explore what some of the adjustments do.

02-15-2011   #9 (permalink)
k0n
YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineGunboundAtlantica Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerSotW MasterFacebook Fan

k0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to k0n
IGN: [JW]
Class: Hisui
Level: ****
Guild: YEAH

That's a pretty good sig there :> I usually use Selective Colors to adjust any weird colors. I like the original color scheme on the character. I think the background was the major problem since it took similar colors with the stock of your sig, though it's your call :>

02-15-2011   #10 (permalink)
~custom user title~
Special
Games

I used selective color all the time in PS8, but I can't seem to find in in Elements q__q

It's not in Layers > New Adjustment Layer. I don't know where else to look for it.

02-15-2011   #11 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
MabinogiDC Universe OnlineVindictusLineage II
Awards Admin AwardMost Valuable StaffStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Joey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervert
IGN: Nasu Kha
Class: Carpenter lt_knight
Level: 60
Guild: Rapscallions
Xfire: glarbage

you can also use a Levels layer to reset the colors (to an extent, anyway). Another option would be to duplicate the render and move it to the top, and then set that layer to color or hue and play with the opacity. I tend to spend a lot of time toying with colors before I'm satisfied, lol.

02-15-2011   #12 (permalink)
~custom user title~
Special
Games

okay, sort of satisfied with this. The background is a bit less bright, not sure if I overdid it but for now I'm content. Was also a bit more successful depurplefying the render.

man did this sig teach me a lot :U It might be a bit too dark around her face but the way the light is hitting it doesn't look too out of place (I think ;_;)

k, now I am officially putting this sig to bed. I think if I try to work on it much more I might be beating a dead horse.

oh and thanks for all the critique/guidance guys ;_;

edit: oh baw there really isn't a selective color in PSE8 ;; http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...1181714AAlap0w

Last edited by Queen; 02-15-2011 at 09:28 PM.

02-17-2011   #13 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
Games
LuminaryAtlantica OnlineTrickster OnlineLoong - The Power of the Dragon

chocomallows will become famous soon enoughchocomallows will become famous soon enough

nice ed sig ^_^

lady gaga sig ummmm do i need to asnwer hehehehe

02-18-2011   #14 (permalink)
~custom user title~
Special
Games

mkay, made some new sigs.

This one is meh, not a big fan of the green it just makes it look... blech. Might remake it with the same render though.

I'm pretty happy with this, it started out having a really gross teal-green hue to it and then I made it blue and was like hey, this is pretty good.

I use levels too much, this one has 5 >: Not sure if the background is too dark, but I wanted it to sort of look like the energy from his alchemy was lighting things up, man.

02-19-2011   #15 (permalink)
Feeling nostalgic, huh?
Games
Trickster OnlinePangyaAuditionzOMG!
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerFacebook FanPervert Award

Gaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Gaap
IGN: Makina
Class: Multi-Character to_boxer
Level: Pro D
Guild: Magika

The green one is like i'm at grassy bug-land. It's not that bad, but I guess it doesn't suit you~

The Edward one... Now that's better compare to the last (red) one! 8D