Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
09-15-2010   #1 (permalink)
stole your

Haiko is a jewel in the roughHaiko is a jewel in the roughHaiko is a jewel in the roughHaiko is a jewel in the rough
Default haiko's artbox: Renewal

Welcome to Haiko's Artbox!

Well... this is my art thread. Derp. Photoshop artz. 8D
Since I had this thread up before but I asked Kowiz to delete it, I created it back up. I'm short of time right now to do it all purrty and stuff, but I got a banner already, so I felt like creating it.

It's been a few months since the last thread and I've improved a lot... check out my latest works:

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

And this is one of my latest signatures before leaving ggFTW:

Spoiler!

So, yeah, the difference is pretty clear.

For now, that's pretty much it. I'll be editing this thread when I have more free time. Right now, it's homework time. *sigh*

Oh yeah, requests will be open on weekends.

amagictrick l
l click to: my art thread

Last edited by Haiko; 09-15-2010 at 04:39 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
09-15-2010   #2 (permalink)
wow so scare
Games
Emil Chronicle OnlineGrand ChaseMabinogiLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardGrand Signature Champion AwardSotW Junior

Shnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond repute

A fresh start is usually nice. o/ Though I'm not a fan of the size of your new sigs (because my preference is skinnier sigs sorry) I do like the 3d-like effects and style you use, overall a great change. o/

Somewhat offtopic: I let my art thread die. Got lazy, however I might revive it someday.

09-15-2010   #3 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
MabinogiDC Universe OnlineVindictusLineage II
Awards Admin AwardStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Harlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Harlequin Send a message via MSN to Harlequin Send a message via Skype™ to Harlequin
IGN: Kirinne
Class: Grenadier lt_treasurehunter
Guild: <Databased>
Xfire: glarbage

Some of these are pretty nice. Your text placement really needs work though. Definite progress made though, for sure.

09-15-2010   #4 (permalink)
On the Radio
Special
Games
MapleStoryAudition 2PangyaTrickster Online
Awards Event WinnerSotW Junior

Kebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Kebin Send a message via Skype™ to Kebin
IGN: Kevin
Class: (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ lt_bard
Level: 19
Guild: (◕‿◕✿)

Ooh your style is shiny *0* though, I dont think you should add the shadows to your text :x it makes it look really awkward compared to the rest of the sigs

09-15-2010   #5 (permalink)
stole your

Haiko is a jewel in the roughHaiko is a jewel in the roughHaiko is a jewel in the roughHaiko is a jewel in the rough

@Shnao
Thanks. :3
I still work with skinny sigs, it's just that I've been working on bigger stuff to get used to it, since I want to try LPs someday. :x

@Glarbage
Thank you, thank you. o/
About the text... yeah, I know. Do you have any suggestions?

@Kebin
wheeee
I like the shadows. ;_;
It makes text look pretty. ;_;

I'm prolly going to use it for just a while, that's what happens when I find about something new 8D

amagictrick l

09-15-2010   #6 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Awards Admin AwardStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Harlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Harlequin Send a message via MSN to Harlequin Send a message via Skype™ to Harlequin

My opinions on text placement: either don't use text, or put it deeper in your layers (to help blend it better).

09-15-2010   #7 (permalink)
stole your

I usually save more than 1 version, as you can see by what I posted, and one of them is always textless. :U

Regarding the layers... that's a possibility. I think it's a bit more complicated than that, since it depends on your situation, as the text could become pointless if you have too much stuff over it and nowhere else to put (does that make sense?).

I'll try it next time. Thanks, Glarb. :3

amagictrick l

09-15-2010   #8 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

Tomorrow night when I have time, I'll find/upload one of my .PSD's and send you the link (for an example or something). I know you get what I meant, but having an example in front of you can't hurt either. :v

09-20-2010   #9 (permalink)
Honest Heart
Games
Adventure Quest WorldsAuditionDragon SagaGrand Chase
Awards Facebook Fan

NiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to behold
Class: Not a psychologist
Level: 21
Guild: Gaap's Guild >_>

OMG Pi-Face sig
I still gotta learn a lot of stuff about sparkling effects and others

09-23-2010   #10 (permalink)
stole your

Posting new stuff before I go to bed. :U

This was out of boredom during study hall. Internet had stopped working. 8D

amagictrick l

10-22-2010   #11 (permalink)
stole your

Yay update /o/

Did this for my Photoshop class... the project was redesigning a tabloid magazine cover. We had to think up all the gossip too, so I came up with stuff about Lady Gaga because I have a lot of friend that admire her to death, so I thought I'd make something fun to them. 8D

Anw~
Spoiler!

Yay.

amagictrick l

10-22-2010   #12 (permalink)
wow so scare
Games
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardGrand Signature Champion AwardSotW Junior

Shnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond repute

rofl Nice, looks just like an actual magazine cover~

10-24-2010   #13 (permalink)
stole your

Thanks! 8D

I had a little trouble finding the right fonts, and when I actually found it, most of the job was already done... e_e

amagictrick l

10-24-2010   #14 (permalink)
Rem
take my hand ʚɞ
Games
La TaleFiestaTrickster OnlinePerfect World

Rem has much to be proud ofRem has much to be proud ofRem has much to be proud ofRem has much to be proud ofRem has much to be proud ofRem has much to be proud ofRem has much to be proud ofRem has much to be proud ofRem has much to be proud of
Class: Elemental Master lt_sorcerer
Level: 160
Guild: Arctic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haiko
Yay update /o/

Did this for my Photoshop class... the project was redesigning a tabloid magazine cover. We had to think up all the gossip too, so I came up with stuff about Lady Gaga because I have a lot of friend that admire her to death, so I thought I'd make something fun to them. 8D

Anw~
Spoiler!

Yay.
LMAO! "is justin bieber gaga's secret son??" omg that killed me, your really good! (and funny )

11-03-2010   #15 (permalink)
stole your

New sig. e_e

amagictrick l

11-06-2010   #16 (permalink)
Feeling nostalgic, huh?
Games
Trickster OnlinePangyaAuditionzOMG!
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerFacebook FanPervert Award

Gaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Gaap
IGN: Makina
Class: Multi-Character to_boxer
Level: Pro D
Guild: Magika

Nice sig! :O (No need to "CnC"?)

11-08-2010   #17 (permalink)
stole your

Feel free to CnC. :3

amagictrick l

12-11-2010   #18 (permalink)
stole your

/ressurection

Little gift for a friend over GCTales.

Spoiler!

Yes, the text is bad. Really bad.

amagictrick l

12-11-2010   #19 (permalink)
wow so scare
Games

Actually, I like what you did with the text.

Nice smoke/blur effects, though it looks like Ronan is surrounded by some kinda toxin. lol

12-12-2010   #20 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

Yeah, that one's not too bad at all. I think you should try to avoid putting too many effects over your focal though, it really makes it harder to read.