LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
06-24-2010   #1 (permalink)
k0n
YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineGunboundAtlantica Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerSotW MasterFacebook Fan

k0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to k0n
IGN: [JW]
Class: Hisui
Level: ****
Guild: YEAH
Thumbs up Post an Artwork! Get Criticized!

Want to help fellow artists? Need advice or opinions?

The purpose of this thread is to help graphic designers with more perspectives and ideas from other people with any graphic artwork they have. There's no limitation to what visual design you can submit in this thread so photography, graphic design, drawings, movies, poems or even origami is fine. Just remember these few rules -

Rules (please read before posting and all ggFTW's rules still applies to this thread)
Spoiler!

Anyone is welcome to critique or submit a work as long as you follow the rules above

It's an old picture of mine, but I still don't know what else to add. I drew the picture and edited afterward.

Last edited by k0n; 09-18-2010 at 10:28 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
06-24-2010   #2 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Zeryu has a spectacular aura aboutZeryu has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via ICQ to Zeryu Send a message via Skype™ to Zeryu
IGN: Noriko
Class: Asuka-to-be lu_arien
Level: 7x
Guild: Lunatic

Great idea,k0n,probs for doing such a thread! =D
I might submit a work or two later and of course try to help people if I can.

As for the bottle..idk. The idea is kinda cool and unique, never seen something like this before. However I think the bottle is shaped a little awkward (like how it gets smaller and then bigger again at one point). Just seems off to me. And it looks a bit empty,but you already said you didn't know what to add so yeah..xP

.................................................. .................................................. .......................................Now I realize, I can do anything

06-24-2010   #3 (permalink)
k0n
YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Special
Games

k0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, it is a bit awkward, lol. The idea of the signature was to make surreal water. It's suppose to be a water bottle I drew during class. However, I just don't know what I can add :

06-24-2010   #4 (permalink)
사랑해~
Special
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerMoM AwardSotW JuniorWandering EyePervert Award

Aimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond repute

You could maybe add reflections from light in the room on to the plastic bottle, to make the top half seem more 3D.

06-24-2010   #5 (permalink)
situation walkspace
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

mamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Moli
Class: Kardashian to_primadonna
Guild: Hores
Xfire: logicks

There's not much to add besides something to frame the signature, or cropping the bottom part off. It's a signature that I think is best kept simple. @_@

06-24-2010   #6 (permalink)
On the Radio
Special
Games
MapleStoryAudition 2PangyaTrickster Online
Awards Event WinnerSotW Junior

Kebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Kebin Send a message via Skype™ to Kebin
IGN: Kevin
Class: (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ lt_bard
Level: 19
Guild: (◕‿◕✿)

At first glance it looks like the bottle ends before the whole shiny section :x Or am I missing something.. otherwise I think what orphan said about adding a border and being simple is good. The notebook paper background in itself makes the simplicity thing work imo

06-25-2010   #7 (permalink)
k0n
YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Special
Games

How does this look? It still feels a bit empty, I think?

Last edited by k0n; 06-25-2010 at 05:04 PM.

06-25-2010   #8 (permalink)
Don't ask

Kenjii is a jewel in the roughKenjii is a jewel in the roughKenjii is a jewel in the rough

Just go for a vertical canvas. It'll make the composition look better.

oh god

06-25-2010   #9 (permalink)
wow so scare
Games
Emil Chronicle OnlineGrand ChaseMabinogiLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardGrand Signature Champion AwardSotW Junior

Shnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond repute

It looks nice, k0n. Not much I could say since I like the style a lot already.

k, here goes.

EDIT: nvm, i'll use this sig later. 8D

Last edited by Shnao; 06-26-2010 at 08:54 AM.

06-25-2010   #10 (permalink)
On the Radio
Special
Games
MapleStoryAudition 2PangyaTrickster Online

Kebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Kebin Send a message via Skype™ to Kebin
IGN: Kevin
Class: (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ lt_bard
Level: 19
Guild: (◕‿◕✿)

:x I really like that one... whats wrong with it

06-26-2010   #11 (permalink)
k0n
YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Special
Games

The style is nice. The patterns are unique and they keep the background interesting. The color choice doesn't fit well though. I'm thinking you're going for a more harmonious, calm and easy feel to your signature. The purple feels out of place on the vectored hair. It looks too dark to be next to that pale green which makes it feel contradicting to me. Everything else looks okay. The overall look looks a bit blurry though to be a pattern type image. I had to squint my eyes just to see the thin fine lines on the shapes. Perhaps adding more details to the hair and clothing can bring out more focus to the character in the middle.

Last edited by k0n; 06-26-2010 at 01:13 AM.

06-26-2010   #12 (permalink)
Don't ask

Kenjii is a jewel in the roughKenjii is a jewel in the roughKenjii is a jewel in the rough

Well for what you were going for, my only complaint would be that you didn't have smooth flowing hair, and instead they're jagged.

oh god

06-26-2010   #13 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Eh,might as well post my newest work here to keep this thread going ^_^

Did this mainly to work on flow and depht which i managed quite good for someone my level,imo =P
Other than that i think I still have to work on colours and stuff but apart from that i really like the sig x)

.................................................. .................................................. .......................................Now I realize, I can do anything

06-26-2010   #14 (permalink)
【Sun Knight】
Special
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineEmil Chronicle OnlineGrand ChaseRagnarok Online
Awards Event WinnerMr. ggFTWMoM AwardSotW Junior

Noperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant future

Flow is nice, and the hand does come up pretty well so the depth is good. The lines around the hand are too sharp and makes them look really unblended. I think that your biggest problem right now is that your effects are always this kind of blurry, overblended c4d smudging set on linear dodge or something. You might want to consider getting some better abstract c4ds that you can just put on and blend in rather than using it for dodges. Also consider using some vectors or pentools, or other types of shapes and stuff to add more complication to your pieces.

Last edited by Noperative; 06-26-2010 at 03:34 PM.

06-26-2010   #15 (permalink)
situation walkspace
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

mamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Moli
Class: Kardashian to_primadonna
Guild: Hores
Xfire: logicks

I like what you're going for in the signature. :> Try moving the stock towards the right to improve the composition, and making the border less subtle. It looks like you're trying to make the hand to be the focus, so make the hand completely visible too. You could also make the sleeve on the right stand out more, because it looks like it's disappearing into the background -- unless that's intentional. The colors are sort of conflicting with each other, but you've already recognized that, haha. Hope it helps. ;_;

06-26-2010   #16 (permalink)
k0n
YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Special
Games

The composition looks interesting and the image fills up my eyes easily The transparent boarder feels out place in that tag though, and I don't know if it's the stock image or it's my screen, but there's a dark thick transparent lines across the stock image's hair and hands going perpendicular to the flow of the image which also feels out of place. It could use some more lighting or shading so it feels like the flow is going some where or to make the colors have more depth to it and make it illuminate the character in the middle making it stand out more. You could also maybe added a glow around that wave that's in the foreground of the image on the bottom right to give it a little 3D. I think you can also get away with adding a small simple design on the left too :>

06-26-2010   #17 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

@Noperative
Yeah i basically try blurring to add depht and show it is the background but i kind of overdid it on this one. Still,you're exactly right, i'm missing a lot of details so that's one thing i need to work on next. Still since you saw my first few sigs here you can tell i've improved,right? ^_^

@orphan
Yeah i made the sleeve disappear on purpose to blend it more into the background :/ I thought it looked ok. I didn't exactly intend to make the hand the focus but since it's all the way in the front i sharpened it to add depht. You're probably right tho,it kinda became the focus xD

@k0n
Either it really is your screen or i'm blind o.o I do not see that kind of line.
Your right tho in saying that the right side is kinda empty. Same thing I said to Noperative, i still really need to work on details to make my sigs more interesting.

Thanks to everyone for trying to help and for the detailed descriptions. I will try my best to improve!

06-26-2010   #18 (permalink)
k0n
YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Special
Games

It's a long cylindrical shape. It could be me or stock, but I magnified to check it.

06-26-2010   #19 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Yeah it's either my inability to see it or it's not there but I don't see anything there xD

06-26-2010   #20 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
MabinogiDC Universe OnlineVindictusLineage II
Awards Admin AwardStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Harlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Harlequin Send a message via MSN to Harlequin Send a message via Skype™ to Harlequin
IGN: Kirinne
Class: Grenadier lt_treasurehunter
Guild: <Databased>
Xfire: glarbage

No one responded in my thread so I'll post this one here. I'm pretty satisfied with it, but let me know what you think. :v