LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
08-20-2010   #61 (permalink)
k0n
YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineGunboundAtlantica Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerSotW MasterFacebook Fan

k0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to k0n
IGN: [JW]
Class: Hisui
Level: ****
Guild: YEAH

The colors are nice. The effects are always flowing differently thought it works. The biggest problem I see is it having a lack of visual depth. It looks at first a complete 2D flat image. Perhaps adding more shading or blur in the background can cause a little more attention to your foreground image. It's just a suggestion because I'm not too familiar with this certain style.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
08-22-2010   #62 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlineProject Blackout

Valese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Valese
Class: Charm to_primadonna
Level: 340
Guild: {7N}

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seim

But seriously...

Spoiler!
I know the threads over 2 weeks old D< But I had to post 8D (Been de-repped for posting like this before- xD)

Angry Panda looks evilly cute :l
Anyway,

The way you made the girl's face & hair looks amazing to me. The background just needs more shading and/or color and it would be perfect Also, I saw someone's comment saying how the head looks a bit too big for her body. It looks completely fine to me o.o Just that the arms look a bit too skinny considering she's wearing a jacket :3 Maybe that's the reason her head "looks a bit too big."

Other than that it's beautiful *o*

09-15-2010   #63 (permalink)
Lei
偽りの幸せはいらない
Games
Trickster OnlineLa TaleLuniaAudition
Awards Event Winner

Lei is a glorious beacon of lightLei is a glorious beacon of lightLei is a glorious beacon of lightLei is a glorious beacon of lightLei is a glorious beacon of light
Level: 1

Gah, I'm sorry for bumping this thread but I didn't want to start another one for the exact same reason this one was made. >_<

Spoiler!

Any comments or suggestions? (Besides the fact that I can't draw noses for my life?)

Please read the - forum rules - and keep out of trouble. :3

09-15-2010   #64 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
MabinogiDC Universe OnlineVindictusLineage II
Awards Admin AwardStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Harlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Harlequin Send a message via MSN to Harlequin Send a message via Skype™ to Harlequin
IGN: Cecilia Juelle
Class: Monk/Goldsmith lt_treasurehunter
Level: 50
Guild: Rapscallions
Xfire: glarbage

I would suggest drawing the nose/lips NOT with a line, but rather making them noticeable through the use of high/dark tones. Really, the only part of the nose you should draw in are the parts that don't smoothly connect to the face (from the angle you're drawing at, in this case the bottom of the nose).

But yeah, to be more realistic, draw them with shading, not with lines.

09-16-2010   #65 (permalink)
Forsaken Valkyrie
Games
Trickster OnlineWorld of WarcraftLeague of Legends
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerFacebook Fan

Rtothef is a name known to allRtothef is a name known to allRtothef is a name known to allRtothef is a name known to allRtothef is a name known to allRtothef is a name known to all
IGN: Tankality
Class: Paladin lt_templar
Level: 8x
Guild: Delirium Trigger

#1 -

#2 -

09-17-2010   #66 (permalink)
Booger face
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterDragon NestVindictusLeague of Legends

Seim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to behold

@Rtothief
I really like the background abstractness for #1 but its a bit too hard to distinguish from the render :<
But i dont make signatures so you can disregard my opinion ._.
my noobie art :>
http://carrotlegs.deviantart.com/

09-17-2010   #67 (permalink)
Forsaken Valkyrie
Games

Rtothef is a name known to allRtothef is a name known to allRtothef is a name known to allRtothef is a name known to allRtothef is a name known to allRtothef is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seim
@Rtothief
I really like the background abstractness for #1 but its a bit too hard to distinguish from the render :<
But i dont make signatures so you can disregard my opinion ._.

People keep thinking they're abstract or something.. not just you.
They're flames. Its fire.
Yes, it is.

09-17-2010   #68 (permalink)
-
Awards Event WinnerSotW Beginner

OrangeJuice will become famous soon enoughOrangeJuice will become famous soon enough

I really like the colors in both of them, Rtothef!
Quick crit:

#1 - I feel his blue eye doesn't fit well into the rest of the color scheme since it's such a small bit of contrasting color.
- The grid lines look awesome on the left but I think extending the grid lines over his wings flatten the siggy and really detaches them from him.

#2 - I think the bottom right corner is really quite dark and draws your attention immediately there and I'm not sure if that's where you intended the focal.
edit: though I do think without it the siggy would be overall really same value(not sure of the term but it's like if you have siggy with all neon colors or all pastel colors). So I do really like that large mass of that color, just maybe it could be used a little differently.

Last edited by OrangeJuice; 09-17-2010 at 06:25 PM.

09-18-2010   #69 (permalink)
Forsaken Valkyrie
Games

I know what you mean about #1's grid lines, It wasn't intentional but the filters I used to get that background the way it was combined all the layers, and I was unable to duplicate it (i still don't know what option I used ><) so I don't have a version with the separate layers.

As for the eyes, intentional (the entire render was black/white/red originally) it's based off of a character I made years ago, some of the MyTrickster/MyMMO/ /ggftw ppl might member way back ^_^

Here it is: I added the extra eye just for that fact.

As for the second one, I understand what you mean. But, like you said.. meh.

09-23-2010   #70 (permalink)
Banned

Gundam00Raiser will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Gundam00Raiser
IGN: 刹那00
Class: ガンダムマイスタ lt_warlord
Level: マイスタ
Guild: ソレスタ ビーンぐ
Xfire: yeah i got one

09-23-2010   #71 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Michiko is a splendid one to beholdMichiko is a splendid one to beholdMichiko is a splendid one to beholdMichiko is a splendid one to beholdMichiko is a splendid one to beholdMichiko is a splendid one to beholdMichiko is a splendid one to behold
IGN: Gumball / =Michiko=
Class: Arme / Bunny to_bunny
Level: 73 / 162
Guild: Pwnography

Constructive critics pl0x? ;; This is for a contest.

( ̄▽ ̄)ノ_彡☆バンバン!!

09-23-2010   #72 (permalink)
-

OrangeJuice will become famous soon enoughOrangeJuice will become famous soon enough

Aww, that's really cute Michiko! Good luck in the contest!
Here are a few comments I have:
- I don't think there would be that space between her legs if one is partiality over the other
- I am a little bit confused by the area by her left hand (our left, her right). If I am correct in that she's clutching her skirt, I don't think there should be ridges below the waist band above that area, as the fabric would be pulled down.
- And super minor but for the jingle bell, the ridge connecting the two parts of the jingle bell, you have it cut by the hole in the jingle bell, so I think you should move the ridge down/or move the hole up.

09-26-2010   #73 (permalink)
k0n
YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Special
Games

k0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond repute

I'm making a t-shirt logo design for a group called OSL (On Site Learning). They'll be traveling around the Philippines and learning historical things around.

Here's my design so far:

Question is, is it wear-able without having to be in OSL?

09-27-2010   #74 (permalink)
-

It's difficult for me to give crit on t-shirt design (so many factors to consider!) so hope you don't mind me giving my say anyway.

(The following may lean towards more opinion-y than crit-y, but hopefully it gives one opinion towards your question, and that others will jump in as well with theirs so you get a better idea!)
I think it's wearable! Since it's just initials it doesn't scream out club - there are a lots of shirts like that with not particular meaningful writing but just looks cool (o.O I have a zip-up that says thunder bird varsity or something like that?? lol!) so I think it works outside of the club! My stance is "it's 100% okay for OSL member to wear it outside of OSL but not sure if it works as a stand alone design like for selling to general public (though my t-shirt taste probably not representative of the general public so take that with a lotta salt haha) but that's most likely because it is aimed first at club." I think the major thing that gives the club-feel for me is the very distinct colors that work great for that kind of thing but not sure elsewhere.

Some random things that may or may not help:
-I think the sun-glare over the text maybe should be removed as it hurts readability and I'm not sure if that kind of effect print well.
-Not sure if this would make a big difference but, I like the asymmetry effect created by the higher blue oval and I think it might be better for the text to be central on the lower blue circle since it's off center by a small amount and then the asymmetry will be more defined and the oval circumference won't be so close to the 8's outline.

This sounds really cool! Have you done other t-shirts?

Last edited by OrangeJuice; 09-27-2010 at 11:56 PM.

09-28-2010   #75 (permalink)
k0n
YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Special
Games

Okay, I've talked to the people going on OSL. They wanted this version of mine instead now, lol. Talk about indecisive :P I've done other t-shirt designs before, I just didn't know what exactly they wanted, lol.

09-28-2010   #76 (permalink)
Tea
31 Flavors
Special
Games
S4 LeagueWarflowEden EternalSword 2
Awards Retired Content StaffFacebook Fan

Tea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to behold

The O looks like a U at first glance. Graffiti font is such a fickle font type since many fonts change or vary... but if you are just some person just viewing the shirt.. you would think it looked like a U or a D.. I suggest if you want the O to be an O.. cut off one of those tails at the top of it and connect it.

It looks like the S is on a different layer.. like you broke them into single letter text and shifted them around. Shaving the bottom tail end so it doesn't overlap the O would make them lay evenly instead of not. I also suggest maybe adding in a bit more black splatter (maybe near the bottom O and the edge of the L ).. this way the "OSL" melds with the background a bit more.. so it gives a flow to the image.. the "OSL" will stand out.. but its also drawing more on your background that way .. so it plays with the foreground and background together.

"XVII" stands out like a sore thumb though.. I think your focus should be "OSL" to begin with.. the white stroke around the letters is a bit much. With the lack of white in the vicinity .. it just doesn't sit well with me. i suggest making "XVIII" smaller.. and you can even shift it from the center.. maybe like uh.. the area where you would usually see the TM for Trademark symbol.. you could play "XVIII" over there .. in either a white so it becomes whiteout type or below the UP arrow in either a grey or a tint of the blue you are using. hopefully you are using pantone colors if you are getting this printed to shirts. It helps because the colors on your screen might not reflect the color visual on mine. Having pantones guarantees you exact color no matter where you are, but then again i dunno the method you are getting this printed.

Fonts, Try to keep it to 2 fonts max.. 3 is stretching it. By downsizing the "XVIII" you are leaving it open to use the same font more efficiently with "Evolution". I wouldnt suggest the graffiti font because that would be over decorating it a bit. You can also recreate the rubbed out/splatter effect on your Evolution type too.. as well as an arrow here n there protruding out from certain letters so it ties in with your image a bit more.

Hopefully these suggestions gives more inspiration to try new things with your piece. :3

11-12-2010   #77 (permalink)
situation walkspace
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

mamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Moli
Class: Kardashian to_primadonna
Guild: Hores
Xfire: logicks

bump. n> help

especially the right side. it looks kinda muddy to me but i dunno how to fix it. =[

11-12-2010   #78 (permalink)
k0n
YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Special
Games

The major problem is your focus, which is in the middle, isn't that high quality or there's too many jitters. The effects on your tag are actually higher quality than your focus which makes them act a little muddy because you want it to stand out less. It's like having real mud over a drawing on a piece of paper where the mud looks more real than the drawing so your eyes are more focus on the mud. I could suggest using the burn tool or blur tool to degrade the quality on the right side, but that could ruin the quality overall.

11-16-2010   #79 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

Thuper is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Thuper Send a message via Yahoo to Thuper
IGN: XsuperhipsterX (Chips)
Class: Raccoon -- Charm to_gambler
Level: 15x
Guild: Symphony

Uh. Bump?
I recently made an anime-centered sig for my friend and It's virtually my first one in 2 years. So I wanna know where I'm lacking and stuff like that.
Thanks

@.@ And is it too big or is it just me?