Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
07-22-2010   #41 (permalink)
사랑해~
Special
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerMs. ggFTWMoM AwardSotW JuniorWandering EyePervert Award

Aimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond repute

I saw it in your own thread too. I like that its different from others you've made. the only thing I don't like much is that the text is repeated. It would be blank without text in both those places, but perhaps different words, so its not the same?
Looks good though (:

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
07-22-2010   #42 (permalink)
Forsaken Valkyrie
Games
Trickster OnlineWorld of WarcraftLeague of Legends
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerFacebook Fan

Rtothef is a name known to allRtothef is a name known to allRtothef is a name known to allRtothef is a name known to allRtothef is a name known to allRtothef is a name known to all
IGN: Tankality
Class: Paladin lt_templar
Level: 8x
Guild: Delirium Trigger

Hm.

Text r requested, text r put
But with the update in mah thread..

this can be done!

07-22-2010   #43 (permalink)
Forsaken Valkyrie
Games

Rtothef is a name known to allRtothef is a name known to allRtothef is a name known to allRtothef is a name known to allRtothef is a name known to allRtothef is a name known to all

So this was the final version at the end of the day.

07-23-2010   #44 (permalink)
사랑해~
Special
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerMs. ggFTWMoM AwardSotW JuniorWandering EyePervert Award

Aimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond repute

It looks much improved IMO (: well done

07-25-2010   #45 (permalink)
[ うそつき ] M e m o i r
Games
Grand ChaseMapleStoryRagnarok OnlineRequiem
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerSotW Junior

Pshfrk has much to be proud ofPshfrk has much to be proud ofPshfrk has much to be proud ofPshfrk has much to be proud ofPshfrk has much to be proud ofPshfrk has much to be proud ofPshfrk has much to be proud ofPshfrk has much to be proud ofPshfrk has much to be proud ofPshfrk has much to be proud of
IGN: Tsurukie
Class: Eir lu_eir
Guild: Titans

Etto... can i join? :'D ....

o_o... kind of experimenting ~

P s h f r k ~

07-25-2010   #46 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Awards Facebook Fan

Mello will become famous soon enoughMello will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Mello

Very vibrant & colorful, although it seems overdone to me :x
That kid in the background, can't really see his face or do not get why he is even in the background

07-27-2010   #47 (permalink)
k0n
YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineGunboundAtlantica Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerSotW MasterFacebook Fan

k0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to k0n
IGN: [JW]
Class: Hisui
Level: ****
Guild: YEAH

@Pshfrk
The concept is nice along with the colors of the foreground images. However, the background is too blurred and the color is too desaturated for the foreground image. The red font looks a little too plain for that signature. The lightning effect looks too jittery and takes away attention from the girl as it travels across the picture. I think adding a gradient map can simplify the color scheme in that picture without adding too much distortion to the darker areas because I think the background's colors don't match the foreground image.

@KanuUnchou
Based off the sketch alone, the point of gravity looks very distorted. The girl's head is bent, but her hair is still upright, unless that's really strong gel or if the image is actually at a different angle. By the way, if it is in a different angle, the shirt extends too far outwards on the shoulders. If not, her shirt looks very tight on her breast, but it's loose everywhere else. It looks very nice though along the face and the body pose looks very unique

07-27-2010   #48 (permalink)
Just like that!
Special
Games
Bloodline ChampionsS4 League
Awards Event WinnerSotW JuniorPervert Award

Mums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Mums Send a message via Skype™ to Mums
IGN: Vik
Class: Mama to_fox
Level: ∞
Guild: Prisma

07-27-2010   #49 (permalink)
k0n
YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineGunboundAtlantica Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerSotW MasterFacebook Fan

k0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to k0n
IGN: [JW]
Class: Hisui
Level: ****
Guild: YEAH

Trying out a new style:

I'll critique later. Busy right now :x Looks really cool though :>

07-28-2010   #50 (permalink)
shotgun opera lock'n load
Special
Games
FiestaTrickster OnlineTransformice!King of Kings III
Awards Event WinnerSotW Professional

moffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Heyou

I'm curious what you guys think could have improved this one.

07-31-2010   #51 (permalink)
Forsaken Valkyrie
Games

^

Hm... that one is very nice.
Certainly a unique look to it. The color's blend together quite nicely, though where the text comes off the lighter part into the circle isn't looking quite as nice for some reason.. hm. Overall very nice, the blood spatter is sharp enough to really pop, and the burn effects and warm colors play together nicely.

Maybe some light effects or some small sparkle action at the light just to make it seem a little more realistic and add a little "whoosh" to it is all I can really recommend.

made a new siggy.. I think im going to try something else next time.
Something.. alot different. Idk what to think of this one.

07-31-2010   #52 (permalink)
shotgun opera lock'n load
Special
Games
FiestaTrickster OnlineTransformice!King of Kings III
Awards Event WinnerSotW Professional

moffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Heyou

The letters were giving me a little bit of trouble where you mentioned, yes. Next time I might just color drop the shade I want and slap it on Normal.

The left side looks pretty empty on yours, in comparison to the right side. The edges of the render stand out more on the left too, I can see a white line right at the edge.

07-31-2010   #53 (permalink)
Forsaken Valkyrie
Games

ahhhh i see what you mean with the render. wonder how i missed that...

07-31-2010   #54 (permalink)
Forsaken Valkyrie
Games

Cleaned it up a bit, added a bit more to the left so it wasn't as empty.
I think I'm done though.

08-05-2010   #55 (permalink)
Booger face
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterDragon NestVindictusLeague of Legends

Seim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to behold

But seriously...

Spoiler!
my noobie art :>
http://carrotlegs.deviantart.com/

Last edited by Seim; 08-05-2010 at 07:22 AM.

08-05-2010   #56 (permalink)
사랑해~
Special

Lol@panda.

The backhround looks in good perspective. If you added detail to it, textures etc. so you can see whats distant snd whats closer, it would complete it well. The girl looks good too.

08-05-2010   #57 (permalink)
Booger face
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterDragon NestVindictusLeague of Legends

Seim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to behold

is there any good ways i can do this in pencil! :<
I mean perspective is easy but texture and shades and tones @@
I need a guide on those :<
my noobie art :>
http://carrotlegs.deviantart.com/

08-05-2010   #58 (permalink)
사랑해~
Special

For darker block shading, use the side of the pencil with pressure. Build up shades from light to dark, so start with minimal pressure and slowly add until you achieve the desired shade.

Or if you wanted to shade using texture, you could try cross-hatching; a bigger number of closer lines = darker area. Using less lines, spread further apart will make the shading lighter.
This works also when you shade using horizontal lines or using your pencil in a circular motion.

Use a test piece of paper to try out each of the techniques individually and using different amounts of applied pressure to make a scale like so:

Then, once you've tried out the different motions, apply to the background. Generally, the closer background will be more in focus, so here it will be more detailed, where in the distant background, details needn't be exact.

Last edited by Aimee; 08-05-2010 at 10:11 AM.

08-05-2010   #59 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
MabinogiDC Universe OnlineVindictusLineage II
Awards Most Valuable StaffAdmin AwardStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Harlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Harlequin Send a message via MSN to Harlequin Send a message via Skype™ to Harlequin
IGN: Cecilia Juelle
Class: Monk/Goldsmith lt_treasurehunter
Level: 50
Guild: Rapscallions
Xfire: glarbage

like Aimee said, directional shading and hatching are good ways to accomplish texture. To have effective tonal transitions I recommend smudging a bit with either a stump (essentially just a roll of soft paper, often sold at art stores) or even just a tissue or piece of toilet paper.

08-19-2010   #60 (permalink)
【Sun Knight】
Special
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineEmil Chronicle OnlineGrand ChaseRagnarok Online
Awards Event WinnerMr. ggFTWMoM AwardSotW Junior

Noperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant future

GOOD THREAD CANNOT DIE.

I made this on impulse when I saw the render, so I'd like to see how I could improve it.