LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
06-26-2010   #21 (permalink)
k0n
YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineGunboundAtlantica Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerSotW MasterFacebook Fan

k0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to k0n
IGN: [JW]
Class: Hisui
Level: ****
Guild: YEAH

I love the color scheme of this picture. The only that strikes me awkward is the yellow stuff on the far right side. I think that's a light reflection, but it's at a weird shape though.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
06-26-2010   #22 (permalink)
Don't ask
Awards Event WinnerSotW Junior

Kenjii is a jewel in the roughKenjii is a jewel in the roughKenjii is a jewel in the rough

@Glarbage: I like the lighting, but not a fan of the effects you used. It doesn't flow right and kinda ruins any depth.

oh god

06-26-2010   #23 (permalink)
On the Radio
Special
Games
MapleStoryAudition 2PangyaTrickster Online

Kebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Kebin Send a message via Skype™ to Kebin
IGN: Kevin
Class: (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ lt_bard
Level: 19
Guild: (◕‿◕✿)

oooh comment on dees on perz.

tumblr / instagram

06-27-2010   #24 (permalink)
Don't ask

Kenjii is a jewel in the roughKenjii is a jewel in the roughKenjii is a jewel in the rough

A good SOTW entry that beat my pirate Nero. A very nice smooth look. My complains being an insufficient amount of effects, weird circles in the bottom left, not enough lighting, and lack of depth.

oh god

06-27-2010   #25 (permalink)
k0n
YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Special
Games

k0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond repute

@xKakashi
The boarder makes the sig "feel" contradicting. When I look at your signature without focusing on the boarder, the colors are cool, the glow is calm, the text is transparent and the overall effects aren't too jittery everywhere. There isn't a lot of action in the when I look at your signature. It feels at peace, but when I look at your boarder, it makes it feel like an action movie or something epic is about to happen. The color selection is prefect though for a relaxing looking tag. As what Kenjii said, there's too many jittery circles around the bottom left. It could use a little more lighting in my opinion.

@KanuUnchou
The right breast seems a little flat or uneven. I think it's the extra line in the cleavage and the curve of its right side that's decreasing its depth. The left arm needs a bit more shading between the wrinkles because it's not balance with the shading on the other arm. The umbilicus or the belly button looks out of place from a quick glance. The shading on the right hair piece makes the hair feel too 2D. You could try extending the shadow while decreasing its opacity while going down the hair a little more or just lower the shading opacity all together. You could try changing the shadow color to something more pinkish to bring out the skin color a bit more so it feels a bit healthier too. It looks really good though and it's better than what I can do :>

I can't really critique on unfinished work because I don't know what your plans are with that picture :<

Last edited by k0n; 06-27-2010 at 06:21 AM.

06-27-2010   #26 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlineProject Blackout

Valese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Valese
Class: Charm to_primadonna
Level: 340
Guild: {7N}

Too much photoshop colored/editted pics :P
Good 'ol pencil and paper for me <3 Here's 1 for anyone that likes DBZ *o*

Vegeta <3

&&Hunter Master :3

~Just 2 random drawings~ And yea I cut the 2nd pic so the date and everything isnt on it anymore q_q..the original ones are still on my dA though >D

06-27-2010   #27 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Zeryu has a spectacular aura aboutZeryu has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via ICQ to Zeryu Send a message via Skype™ to Zeryu
IGN: Noriko
Class: Asuka-to-be lu_arien
Level: 7x
Guild: Lunatic

Experiment!

Better,Worse?

Direct Comparison:
Spoiler!

.................................................. .................................................. .......................................Now I realize, I can do anything

06-27-2010   #28 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
MabinogiDC Universe OnlineVindictusLineage II
Awards Admin AwardMost Valuable StaffStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Joey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervert
IGN: Nasu Kha
Class: Carpenter lt_knight
Level: 60
Guild: Rapscallions
Xfire: glarbage

Quote:
Originally Posted by KanuUnchou
Seems misproportioned. Like if she stood straight up one arm would be longer than the other, the torso would seem long, etc.

06-27-2010   #29 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Awards Event WinnerSotW Beginner

Michiko is a splendid one to beholdMichiko is a splendid one to beholdMichiko is a splendid one to beholdMichiko is a splendid one to beholdMichiko is a splendid one to beholdMichiko is a splendid one to beholdMichiko is a splendid one to behold
IGN: Gumball / =Michiko=
Class: Arme / Bunny to_bunny
Level: 73 / 162
Guild: Pwnography

I'll give it a try :3

Here goes an old-ish pen work~

( ̄▽ ̄)ノ_彡☆バンバン!!

06-28-2010   #30 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Zeryu has a spectacular aura aboutZeryu has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via ICQ to Zeryu Send a message via Skype™ to Zeryu
IGN: Noriko
Class: Asuka-to-be lu_arien
Level: 7x
Guild: Lunatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michiko
I'll give it a try :3

Here goes an old-ish pen work~

Spoiler!
Not good at criticizing drawings but heck,that looks adorable >w<

.................................................. .................................................. .......................................Now I realize, I can do anything

06-28-2010   #31 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Games
Guild Wars 2LuniaConquer OnlineElsword
Awards Most Valuable StaffAdmin AwardMoM AwardPervert Award

Light is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervert
IGN: Light, Yucie
Class: Kanna
Level: 208

Criticizers, please quote the post/image you are commenting about or add the name of the person above your comments.
This is to ensure we can avoid any potential confusion, and prevent people from mistaking the comments as directed to them when they weren't.

Thanks for your understanding,
Happy Critiquing.

+Rep if I help you. | Guides: Lunia's Client Editing Guide / How to ggFTW!

06-28-2010   #32 (permalink)
k0n
YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Special
Games

@Valase
I can't really say anything about the 1st one because I feel like it's more about fan work so detail to the original proportions are what's focused on. Your second picture could use some more shading patch work on the hair behind the head. It looks pretty well done though :>

@Zeyru
Without the boarder, the image looks so full to my eyes (another way of saying it is that it makes me move my eyes more to look at it) which is good. The extra glowing lines make the image kind of hard to follow. It feels like there's multiple flowing paths. The shading on the head feels out of place and quickly it confuses me where the lighting is coming from. The extra darken on the left side makes the color scheme feel less bright and out of harmony. The bottom right feels too bright or empty from the extra lighting. I noticed you erased some extra blur effects and decreased the sharping in some areas of the picture and it's easier on my eyes as I move across your tag

@Michiko
Not much I can add on this except if you want to make it a little more appealing, you could try using a ruler when shading with lines and the areas of shadowing. By how the shadows are shaped, it feels like the light source is at the same height as her mouth as if there's an invisible candle right there. The shadow shading behind the left arm feels a bit jagged though. There's also some places where the shadowing goes beyond the lines like on the hair and pony tails. It also feels like the iris are bit curved against each other or they don't have the same curvatures. The character looks really cute though :3

Last edited by k0n; 06-28-2010 at 05:57 AM.

06-28-2010   #33 (permalink)
사랑해~
Special
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerMs. ggFTWMoM AwardSotW JuniorWandering EyePervert Award

Aimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond repute

Michiko
It looks goos as it is, she is well drawn. However I think making the shading on the character herself and the background different to eachother would make her stand out more. Maybe making the lines thicker, thinner, or closer together to create different types of light and dark. This goes for the shading on the body and clothing too.

07-03-2010   #34 (permalink)
k0n
YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Special
Games

Obligatory Bump!

07-03-2010   #35 (permalink)
Don't ask

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0n
My turn

Not bad at all. I would pay attention to your effects you used for lighting on the upper left. They move against the flow of the airplanes.

And composition, probably not the best to have all those airplanes jam packed in the bottom left half.

oh god

07-07-2010   #36 (permalink)
k0n
YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Special
Games

I haven't started editing with the airplane sig yet. Also, I'm trying this new color layout. I'm not sure if I'm lacking depth or anything, so I'm stumped :s

07-07-2010   #37 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
MabinogiDC Universe OnlineVindictusLineage II
Awards Admin AwardMost Valuable StaffStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Joey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervert
IGN: Nasu Kha
Class: Carpenter lt_knight
Level: 60
Guild: Rapscallions
Xfire: glarbage

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0n
I haven't started editing with the airplane sig yet. Also, I'm trying this new color layout. I'm not sure if I'm lacking depth or anything, so I'm stumped :s

Yeah, it's definitely lacking some depth. I mean, I can see that you blurred the background in an attempt to remedy that. Another good fix would be to tone down the colors of the background a little bit... Maybe use a photo filter, and erase parts of it that are in the foreground. Doing things like that should definitely help.

07-19-2010   #38 (permalink)
Don't ask

Would love to know what people think of my SOTW entry.

oh god

07-19-2010   #39 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Awards Facebook Fan

Mello will become famous soon enoughMello will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Mello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeryu
This
Looked better than the other one.

EDIT: great work btw, tried copying the styles but never got it right x_x

Last edited by Mello; 07-25-2010 at 11:54 PM.

07-22-2010   #40 (permalink)
Forsaken Valkyrie
Games
Trickster OnlineWorld of WarcraftLeague of Legends
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerFacebook Fan

Rtothef is a name known to allRtothef is a name known to allRtothef is a name known to allRtothef is a name known to allRtothef is a name known to allRtothef is a name known to all
IGN: Tankality
Class: Paladin lt_templar
Level: 8x
Guild: Delirium Trigger

So I made this siggy for Mello
I was hoping for some feedback.

Last edited by Rtothef; 07-22-2010 at 02:50 PM.