ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Artwork / Graphic Designs (http://ggftw.com/forum/artwork-graphic-designs/)
-   -   orphan scribbles (http://ggftw.com/forum/artwork-graphic-designs/71352-orphan-scribbles.html)

mamoru 02-23-2010 07:25 PM

orphan scribbles

A SKETCHBOOK FULL OF OPTIMISM.

life is wonderful yayayayay

Ascherit 02-23-2010 08:03 PM

YAY YOU MADE A THERDA. I like your chicks.

And I'm still in love with this sketch:

I love how serene she looks amidst the sketchy lines :py28:

buta 02-23-2010 08:13 PM

I likes your ghost cowboy thing. And the hand on your yuki. Just cause it made me lol.

Rtothef 02-23-2010 10:13 PM

Very nice - me likes.

Dani 02-24-2010 04:44 AM

Your eye studies are so good, omg your ability to draw such realistic eyes makes me jealous. ;____;

Aimee 02-25-2010 10:03 AM

Yeah, the eyes look soooo good, and I really liked the girl that Ascherit pointed out as well. I love the schoolgirl Yuki too, even in its unfinished form.

Kogoro 02-25-2010 05:28 PM

I love the schoolgirl yuki one... but it's only loading like half of the image. FFFF
I like the colours. :3

mamoru 02-25-2010 07:38 PM

@Ascherit: Thanks. I didn't really want to start the thread without having finished stuff to show, but it's like I never finish anything anyway, so. :|

@buta: I had fun painting that cowboy. and that's how all my hands look until i bother to start looking at mine for reference ololo

@Rtothef
: Thanks. :3

@Dani
: Thanks! I've always sorta liked drawing eyes, but they don't turn out so well on my animu sketches because those confuddle me. /scratch head

@AimeeXO
: Thanks. I liked the schoolgirl picture myself.. I dunno why I gave up on that.

@Kogoro
: Thank you. ;>

--

posted an update to that guy and that monster on my blog. /shot for advertisment

Ascherit 02-25-2010 08:19 PM

Can I has request? :>

Maiyu 02-25-2010 08:21 PM

proness O.O;;

...I draw a lot more in class now, and my art still hasn't improved :/

mamoru 02-25-2010 08:40 PM

@Ascherit: go ahead. :>

@Mai: thanks! i'm sure you've improved. you just haven't noticed.

--

starting on dotkaze's request: a flat-chested girl with pigtails wielding a sword and a shield. that isn't anorexic. i'll get to defining and coloring it tomorrow (fridays \o/)

Ascherit 02-25-2010 08:56 PM

Woo

Can you draw my OC Ryuuske casting fire and being all GAR-like?

Ref 1: Limit Break - CC 1 by ~gchanmaiden on deviantART
Ref 2: http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a7/...ryuusukebg.jpg (the tie is optional)

Ty orph :>

mamoru 02-26-2010 08:15 PM

@Ascherit: Okay. I'll work on it when I'm done with dot's.

--

update on that, by the way.

EDIT: looks a tad manly in my pursuit of making it look badass. will fix later orz

mamoru 02-28-2010 12:11 AM

Another update. Minor weirdness in the outfit at some points, but I fixed the basic problems. I sort of like how it's turning out. :3

@Ascherit: As for yours, i have a couple ideas. I'll send them to you tomorrow and you can pick which one you want me to expand on.

For now, sleep.

Silver Rook 02-28-2010 10:25 AM

Okay, you're doing a good job but of course. I refuse to lie, as stated on Light's profile page.

Visit it if you don't believe it :v..

Anyway, I think you could do a much better job if the lines are less sketchy. Currently it's way too messy. On the other hand, even though I'm not uber awesome at it either, you should work on those human anatomical characteristics standards. Well, thats all I have to say for now as your shading is awesome and everything else is pretty much in place.

I don't like telling sugar coated lies, sorry if this upsets you... :v

mamoru 02-28-2010 12:21 PM

Thanks for the insight. The messy lines are a result of me trying to create a paint-y texture and feel to it.. the simpler approach would be to just pen tool and then cell shade it, but I feel the image loses life after that. Though it looks like I still need work on clarity.

What exactly do you mean by certain human anatomical features? @_@ Don't worry about hurting feelings, I posted this thread in pursuit of people pointing out flaw.

Tea 03-01-2010 10:41 PM

If you want it to be more feminine you might want to elongate the neck a bit more. i think the layers near the collar bone area.. is bulking her up a bit. Plus you don't have to go for a complete armored chestplate.. you can do half where it covers the breasts and some of the stomach.. kind of like a mid-drift/ training bra LOL. If not then maybe put more definition where the curve of her body meets the waistline since she is on an angle you can give a lil more detail if you want. And watch out the arm in the background is a bit thin.. o.o hope that helps a lil.

mamoru 03-01-2010 11:30 PM

it does a lot. :> I'll try tweaking the neck around and see where that takes me.

mamoru 03-14-2010 08:04 PM

regained possession of my tablet. :| I'm still working on finishing requests.. though i pretty much scrapped what i had before and started over.. i'll have more time when spring break starts at the beginning of april.

quickie.. testing brushes.

edit:

i like the design. expanding on it a bit :| it's like a poncho-jacket?

Kudaranai 03-15-2010 04:03 AM

Panda hat