League of Legends

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
10-10-2010   #181 (permalink)
ggFTW Fan

Adura has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by KanuUnchou
your so fail at reading so not gonna bother dealing with a failure and bad artist like you.
You are skilled in the arts of trolling.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
10-10-2010   #182 (permalink)
Tea
31 Flavors
Special
Games
S4 LeagueWarflowEden EternalSword 2
Awards Retired Content StaffFacebook Fan

Tea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to behold

Art comes in many ways and forms. Even writing your name is a form of art because everybody's writing style and pressure pointing on curves etc. is different. Sketching is always the foundation for any work and in Orphan's case he's just been utilizing it to practice techniques and whatever may inspire him that day to draw right then n there.

Seeing his rough sketching like i said in an earlier post.. it makes me want to take it and further lay my own drawing design on it. Sort of like giving somebody an inspiration to draw because its so raw and sketch like. Isn't that what art is suppose to do? Inspire? Create? not just to please the eye? If what he does gives him motivation to create more then keep on doing it. Art threads by no means states it is suppose to be just finished pieces or just works in progress to hours n hours upon one piece. Its everything and anything. *shrugs*

What I don't like is telling somebody s/he is a failure and a bad artist.

anywho, Orphan; the last picture i liked that you're coloring a bit more. Just watch with the lip area, it would need a bit more shading so it can pop out from the face. Lips are usually a shade or two darker than the rest unless its either cold out or you were swimming.. they tend to draw lighter because of the cooler conditions.

10-10-2010   #183 (permalink)
situation walkspace
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

mamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Moli
Class: Kardashian to_primadonna
Guild: Hores
Xfire: logicks

thanks tea.

an update to the sketch before. still not really sure how far i'm going to take this. i tried puckering out the upper lip like mitchi and tea pointed out and using a different shape for the face like dani suggested. both tips to which were really helpful. thanks for that. >_<

Last edited by mamoru; 10-11-2010 at 12:37 AM.

10-11-2010   #184 (permalink)
You Wetawd
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineEden EternalLeague of Legends
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerWandering EyeFacebook Fan

MintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to MintyVampire
IGN: MintyVampire
Class: Kitttty
Level: 237/246
Guild: Ecks.T.C/Symphony/Deity ~I Love you guys <3~

KanuUnchou, maybe you should read THIS before you start with your nonsense again.

Orphan, one of his eye seems to be showing more white than another, maybe try lowering a bit?
Now this guy are much better looking 8D!

10-11-2010   #185 (permalink)
situation walkspace

mamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond repute

i think you're partly butt-hurt because you think i'm the one deleting your posts, but no, that is not me.

though, i do request that you stop acting like a child and go to another thread, or forum, to seek attention. =)

and thanks for the comment, minty. i'm probably going to repaint the eyes over again though. :x

10-11-2010   #186 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games
MapleStoryLuniaKingdom of LoathingCity of Heroes
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorMoM AwardPervert Award

Location: Narnia, and the north! Wait....is Narnia supposed to be Canada?
Mitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Mitchi Send a message via MSN to Mitchi Send a message via Yahoo to Mitchi
IGN: SakiaLumei, Arphage
Class: Aran, Blaze Wiz lt_treasurehunter
Level: 9x,3x
Guild: Cupcake

The mouth definitely looks a ton better than your older drawings. I like how it's got a slight smile going on there. I think you did VERY nicely on this one. Great job.

Just as a note, if you're doing a neutral expression, you might want to make the mouth not quite as wide, since you tend to have it go all the way to the outer corners of the eyes (the width usually will run to about the middle of the eye).

Keep up the good work Orph.

10-11-2010   #187 (permalink)
사랑해~
Special
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerMs. ggFTWMoM AwardSotW JuniorWandering EyePervert Award

Aimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond repute

This looks quite different to the others you've done. The mouth does look good, and it's nice to see variety in what you can do (: kissable. Hahha

10-11-2010   #188 (permalink)
You Wetawd
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineEden EternalLeague of Legends
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerWandering EyeFacebook Fan

MintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to MintyVampire
IGN: MintyVampire
Class: Kitttty
Level: 237/246
Guild: Ecks.T.C/Symphony/Deity ~I Love you guys <3~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimee
kissable. Hahha
Ah Aimee~ I agreee!

10-11-2010   #189 (permalink)
Tea
31 Flavors
Special
Games

Tea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchi
The mouth definitely looks a ton better than your older drawings. I like how it's got a slight smile going on there. I think you did VERY nicely on this one. Great job.

Just as a note, if you're doing a neutral expression, you might want to make the mouth not quite as wide, since you tend to have it go all the way to the outer corners of the eyes (the width usually will run to about the middle of the eye).

Keep up the good work Orph.
Maybe Orphan likes Mick Jagger or Steven Tyler. HMMM, Orphan spill the beans~! lol;;

And yes for more natural looking eyebrows. Bushy makes you more manly lulz. Although if you gave him a more clean cut hair and popped open his shirt a bit more.. cologne model, yes?

10-13-2010   #190 (permalink)
Lazy Lurkin'
Special
Games
Atlantica OnlineDofusTrickster OnlineRift: Planes of Telara

Javier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Javier
IGN: Ripchord
Class: Commando

I dunno if it's just me.. but the latest guy's eyes look a little odd..like he was rolling 'em or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orphan

This reminds me of (a slightly plump) Elijah Wood.

It's the nature of my circuitry.

10-14-2010   #191 (permalink)
situation walkspace

lol, it does look sorta weird to me now, not just you.

right-handed doodles. it's been well over 2 months since i started trying to utilize my right hand.. D:

and a bad update

Spoiler!

10-14-2010   #192 (permalink)
사랑해~
Special
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerMs. ggFTWMoM AwardSotW JuniorWandering EyePervert Award

Aimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond repute

It's not a bad update, he looks good.

It's awesome that you can work with both hands, and I like the sketch in the middle on the top. Looks hot (: The one top right looks kinda clown-like, freaky

10-25-2010   #193 (permalink)
situation walkspace

one of those doodles when doing homework... i realize a lot of the things have similar hairstyles. i need a haircut myself actually. the eyes get me annoyed but i'm not exactly sure how to fix it. :/

Last edited by mamoru; 10-25-2010 at 01:31 AM.

10-25-2010   #194 (permalink)
사랑해~
Special

The hair is done nicely.

For the eyes, the coloring on the left eye is nice. It looks kinda like just an eye in a socket, maybe because he's looking up? I don't know, but if you gave him eyelids maybe it would look more realistic.

10-25-2010   #195 (permalink)
NYO~HO HO!
Special
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineMabinogiS4 LeagueSpiral Knights
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerWandering Eye

Dani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Dani
IGN: FearmyLEGS
Class: i shoot you lt_gunslinger
Level: E

the hair looks very nice. As for the eyes you made the line for the socket a tad too far from the eye itself imo. If it was nudged a bit closer then it would look more natural. I suggest emphesizing the top lid a bit more too... Also, I really love how you did the nose and lips. ;_;

ggFTW RulesggFTW Eventscomedy.mp4
My fingers trace lines of azures and scarlets, following the viridian milky ways above
To the poetry of fourteen billion years of light that mellows my heart into a melody

10-25-2010   #196 (permalink)
Tea
31 Flavors
Special
Games

Dont be afraid to use really dark grays or black even to give more depth to areas like your jawline etc. Its like using black pencils/charcoal ... i used to have a tendency of being light and flowy to cover up my mishaps, but dark lines really dig deep in pictures especially against white or light backgrounds.

10-25-2010   #197 (permalink)
늑대와 미녀
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineTrickster OnlineGrand ChaseAudition
Awards Retired Forum ManagementEvent WinnerGrand Signature Champion AwardSotW Senior

Kudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Kudaranai

Is it because u want that haircut, mori

10-29-2010   #198 (permalink)
situation walkspace

ill do some eye studies soonish. i realize that's the weakest part of many of my portraits. Q__Q

playing with new brushes!

something for school.. just planning it out right now. this composition looks kinda boring so i'll just end up scrapping it later though. it's supposed to be really detailed and pretty and grim and stuff when i can agree on how it'll look like. /pulls out hair

-edit- it was trashed!

Last edited by mamoru; 11-04-2010 at 01:45 AM.

11-02-2010   #199 (permalink)
situation walkspace

i wanted to do a good halloween picture but i ran out of time. =[

spent my whole week slaving over apps. so sad

11-04-2010   #200 (permalink)
situation walkspace

break from schoolwork, included art related schoolwork... i have to finish a portfolio by the end of january with 10 quality, well composed illustrations. soooo out of my comfort zone, but i'm having fun. art classes are something i recommend to everyone. i didn't take one until this year and i feel like i'm learning a lot, even though we're not being instructed at all. i'm going to refrain from posting them until it's all finished, but they include 5 imaginative pieces (... though my teacher asked me to take my own reference photos for guidance), i'm thinking, 2 still life oils, a sp, and 2 landscapes. that's all in the backlog, though.

but at the end of the day, i just want to draw portraits. they're really fun, even though mine suck. i'm so burned out right now. q_q i borrowed my friend's bamboo pen for the two below. it's kinda... a lot more precise than the dinky tablet i'm using right now. i feel like i've been dragging on with weights all this time... hahaha

Spoiler!

Last edited by mamoru; 11-04-2010 at 01:29 AM.