Try 

Eudemons Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
07-18-2009   #1 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

noobatcombos is on a distinguished road
Default My Ballery ~_~

Just started photoshop a week or two ago and made two signatures. They look rlly plain, but I'm stuck and not sure how to make them better :[ . Plz critique and tell me what they're lacking.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
07-20-2009   #2 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

BeanMarine is a jewel in the roughBeanMarine is a jewel in the roughBeanMarine is a jewel in the roughBeanMarine is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to BeanMarine Send a message via MSN to BeanMarine
Guild: [JW]

What program are you using? Photoshop? Many members using GIMP to create signatures, but I've personally only used PS... so I'm not sure how helpful my advice will be, haha.

Your 2nd one has good dynamic. I've always felt like movement is important in a sig. Otherwise it will just look like an image plastered onto the background. The lines in the second signature lend the tag a sense of motion and depth. I like it!

That said, I still like the first one. Unlike the second, it's very soft around the edges (not too sharp), and the girl blends in better with the backround. In addition, the moon doesn't stand out as much in the first one as it does in the second. In the second, I feel like there are two focal points because both the girl and the moon are so visible.

A good way to break up monotonous feel of your signature is to use more color. Your stock image has plenty of purple and blue hues to choose from; use them. Pick up a light pink/purple and a darker hue and work them into the background. (Then again, if you're going for a dark, mysterious feel then the color palette you currently have is alright.) Once you get a stronger feel for colors, you can start experimenting with more shades!

The best way to improve, though, is just to keep on practicing. Mess around with the buttons and functions. Online Tutorials also offer good advice on techniques and ideas, too--so don't be afraid to hit those up.

Keep up the good work!

Last edited by BeanMarine; 07-20-2009 at 10:31 PM.

07-22-2009   #3 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

ooooo thank you very much! Yes im using photoshop. I also thought it lacked color, but im not sure how to add color into a sig. What should i do? For example, do i add a cloud of a lighter purple to the background to add color? And about the 2 focal points, should i blur out the moon a little to make her stand out more than it?

07-23-2009   #4 (permalink)
Puhi Puhi <3~

Maiyu has a spectacular aura aboutMaiyu has a spectacular aura aboutMaiyu has a spectacular aura about

it's a nooby !!!

How exactly do you make signatures O.o?

I've always wanted to learn...

I use PS too

Thanks to CherryPanda for an AWESOME sig!

07-24-2009   #5 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

Here's my latest sig. I tried messing with color.

Last edited by noobatcombos; 07-24-2009 at 09:31 PM.