Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
10-10-2010   #81 (permalink)
Special
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineMabinogiS4 LeagueSpiral Knights
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerWandering Eye

Dani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Dani
IGN: FearmyLEGS
Class: i shoot you lt_gunslinger
Level: E

Quote:
Originally Posted by KanuUnchou
too much pillow shading...
care explaining what exactly this pillow shading is?
otherwise thanks everyone else <:

ggFTW RulesggFTW Eventscomedy.mp4
My fingers trace lines of azures and scarlets, following the viridian milky ways above
To the poetry of fourteen billion years of light that mellows my heart into a melody

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
10-10-2010   #82 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
MabinogiDC Universe OnlineVindictusLineage II
Awards Most Valuable StaffAdmin AwardStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Joey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervert
IGN: Nasu Kha
Class: Carpenter lt_knight
Level: 60
Guild: Rapscallions
Xfire: glarbage

It's not "pillow shading." Dani's light source on the bottom one is clearly coming from the bottom-right. Don't go throwing terms and rude remarks around without knowing for certain that you're right.

10-10-2010   #83 (permalink)
Special
Games

Dani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, you don't have to be a jerk about it, Kanu. And now I know what you mean but I never knew there was a term for it.

For what apparently looks like pillow shading to you, its mostly only on areas where its the face/visible skin or on areas where clothes hug the body. Then I try to shade according to how the shape curves and how the light source is etc.

If you really want to point out what you find wrong about people's artwork, try to be less of an ass about it and be more constructive. You don't have to sugar coat everything but atleast say what one can do to improve.

My fingers trace lines of azures and scarlets, following the viridian milky ways above
To the poetry of fourteen billion years of light that mellows my heart into a melody

10-10-2010   #84 (permalink)
situation walkspace
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

mamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Moli
Class: Kardashian to_primadonna
Guild: Hores
Xfire: logicks

Quote:
lol just pointing out something that doesn't seem correct and maybe beneficial to the artist but clearly you guys act childish so idk how my opinion gets across.

Learn to not call ppl rude wen they aren't kid.

Quote:
lols... surprised an artist like you should know what it is but clearly seems like your clueless.
hi, how is that not being rude, if not also being extremely condescending and very uncalled for.

i think, and i think everyone can agree that you are the one being childish?

10-10-2010   #85 (permalink)
Special
Games

How are you not being rude?

I don't mind crits and the like at all. In fact, I like it when I get useful ones which can help me strive to improve. But when you're just being a arrogant ass hole who has little to no tact and expects EVERYONE to meet your standards in art, then take your useless crits and baggage and get off this forum. I've seen what you're pulling with orphan, and I must say that its almost sickening to see how you expect him to make all of his artwork pretty and refined yet its that distinct sketchy look that sets him apart from the others on this forum.

Just get out of this forum, you're clearly unwanted.

10-10-2010   #86 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
MabinogiDC Universe OnlineVindictusLineage II
Awards Most Valuable StaffAdmin AwardStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Joey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervert
IGN: Nasu Kha
Class: Carpenter lt_knight
Level: 60
Guild: Rapscallions
Xfire: glarbage

Wow. ANYWAY -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani
\o/

sorry about the messiness or if i raped your oc lol

and
something i doodled and shaded quickly in business. and don't ask me whats going on but I believe he's leaping or something barefoot while IN A BATTLE. The one leg looks short since i was trying to make it look further away (forshortening, worked better on his right leg) but meh.

Nice work on both of these, a few things that could be touched upon though:

On the top one, where the hair connects to the forehead on the right side (character left). Feels kind of awkward, maybe if you pulled some of the line-work to the left a bit, I don't know. Just a thought.

On the bottom one, in most spaces the shading seems correct, but I think the hands, inside of the shirt (the part of the inside you can see, near the stomach), and the right foot, seem a bit off. Though, you did say it was quick so of course we shouldn't be expecting a fully refined piece or anything.

Overall they're nice though.

10-10-2010   #87 (permalink)
ggFTW Fan

Adura has disabled reputation

Quote:
cough.... failing ppl fail

lololololololololbaddies r always bad.

butthurt much?
You know what's a art? Trolling.

10-10-2010   #88 (permalink)
늑대와 미녀
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineTrickster OnlineGrand ChaseAudition
Awards Retired Forum ManagementEvent WinnerGrand Signature Champion AwardSotW Senior

Kudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Kudaranai

It's not about whether 'these guys' can take critiques or not, because if they can't, they wouldn't be making these threads. This is about something you highly lack, which is tact.

And for the record, you ARE rude. There are ways to get points across without belittling them. I failed to see how it is possible for you to think otherwise. I've certainly let this go on for several occasions but it gets to the points where people can't take your oblivious to manners anymore.

Is it so hard just to leave it at the critiques? Let's take a look at this for example:

Quote:
lols... surprised an artist like you should know what it is but clearly seems like your clueless.
What was the purpose of that sentence? If Dani doesn't know the actual term for it, why couldn't you just link that url without that comment? "Oh, this is what I meant by pillow shading: HERE" Do you see how much of a difference this makes? Do you see how much less offensive it is?

Quote:
lol just pointing out something that doesn't seem correct and maybe beneficial to the artist but clearly you guys act childish so idk how my opinion gets across.

The light source doesn't seem correct and may need to be relooked but you may disagree because I'm just sharing my input that's all
What was the reason for you to call them childish? Why was it so difficult for you just to leave it that "The light source doesn't seem correct and may need to be relooked." Certainly, the artist will take it into consideration.

And when you're called out on your rudeness, you respond with people being "butthurt" If anything, you're the childish one. I'm sure this was not the first time someone had said this to you. Perhaps you should think about WHY many other people have accused you of having no manners. Maybe there is a little truth to the accusation?

This will be the last time I speak to you about this. If this behavior continues, if I get more complaints from you, I will forcibly remove you and your holier-than-thou attitude from here.

Thank you.

PS: Sorry I had to use your thread, Dani.

11-25-2010   #89 (permalink)
Special
Games

welp after tablet broke down and me being lazy

burning steel pcs ect. from left to right they are Kai, Makoto Yuuki and Grandison Yuuki.

11-27-2010   #90 (permalink)
ビリビリ
Games
Sword 2Trickster OnlineDungeon Fighter OnlineEmil Chronicle Online
Awards Pervert Award

Fineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud of

There's something about Kai's clothes that I love... I think it's the way it folds.

11-27-2010   #91 (permalink)
Forsaken Valkyrie
Games
Trickster OnlineWorld of WarcraftLeague of Legends
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerFacebook Fan

Rtothef is a name known to allRtothef is a name known to allRtothef is a name known to allRtothef is a name known to allRtothef is a name known to allRtothef is a name known to all
IGN: Tankality
Class: Paladin lt_templar
Level: 8x
Guild: Delirium Trigger

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawni!

12-04-2010   #92 (permalink)
Oukacon.
Games
Grand ChaseTrickster OnlineCosmic BreakGrand Fantasia
Awards Pervert Award

Reinshiki is a glorious beacon of lightReinshiki is a glorious beacon of lightReinshiki is a glorious beacon of lightReinshiki is a glorious beacon of lightReinshiki is a glorious beacon of lightReinshiki is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via Skype™ to Reinshiki
IGN: Reinshiki
Class: Amy, Arme, Ryan and Mari.
Level: What's the point? GC now so easy.

Hmm..

I really like your colorings and such. I'm only a basic beginner artist at best, so I won't say things that you should already know.

And I dunno what the heck happened to the last few posts where someone was being rude to your art, because it's apparently gone. o_o

Anyways, I'll give you a +REP. I like your colorings. :>

Also, were you using SAI/SAL (Whichever it's called) combined with a tablet?

- Winners never quit, and quitters never win. But people who never wins and never quits, are idiots.
- To save yourself unnecessary trouble, read the forum rules.

12-11-2010   #93 (permalink)
Special
Games

yeah thats right. I also use photoshop too but mostly sai. My tablet's been dysfunctional/dead for months though but now...

IT WORKS AGAIN
and i quickly doodled something but of course its of kai since its more of a unhealthy obsession and no other oc came to mind lol

12-13-2010   #94 (permalink)
Special
Games

the larger version of my sig which i made out of obsession over a particular song

the words in the bg are lyrics from the song translated, specifically from the chorus.

I just can't control myself now
Should we do some more fantastic things now?

Pain, it hurts, I know, but don't cry
Parade? Marade? Just clap some more now

12-13-2010   #95 (permalink)
stole your

Haiko is a jewel in the roughHaiko is a jewel in the roughHaiko is a jewel in the roughHaiko is a jewel in the rough

MA TO RYO SH KA!

Such a great song. Awesome job, btw. The guy in green looks awesome. 8D

amagictrick l
l click to: my art thread

12-13-2010   #96 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Emil Chronicle OnlineGrand ChaseMabinogiLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardGrand Signature Champion AwardSotW Junior

Shnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Eucleides
Class: Lime
Level: 75
Guild: Authority

Looks pretty awesome. How long did this take? And who are those people in your version?

Also trippy but cool song. o/

12-13-2010   #97 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Bandy will become famous soon enoughBandy will become famous soon enough

When I quickly checked the phantasmagoria rp, I saw your sig and I was like WAT. MATRYOSHKA. WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN-

That version is so ffing badass. I'm obsessed with it all over again now, gawd.
Also, those two look quite a bit like some dudes we all know and love.. *coughJoshandKaicough*
I love it! It's just as badass as the song. <3

12-24-2010   #98 (permalink)
Special
Games

rp character ;_; Bianca Seraphina

zzz didn't mean to zergrush but i did in the end

01-03-2011   #99 (permalink)
-

Cornlito has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Cornlito
Guild: Frenchbread

Giving your thread a shot of LIIIIIIIFFFFEEEEE.
Derp.

So I want you to draw Ahrima, aka main character from my Child of the Damned story ;__;
So spoiler to save space:
Spoiler!

Main idea to her. Though since it you're the one doing it do whatever you want with her to have fun with it. All I ask is too keep in mind that she's a character in a very dark feeling area.

In advance, I lub you for this. ;;

01-27-2011   #100 (permalink)
Special
Games

I'll work on it eventually ;_;

doodled in engrish class since i was bored

Hi Drake

he gels his hair to fight off slightly wavy locks (!!!).