ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Artwork / Graphic Designs (http://ggftw.com/forum/artwork-graphic-designs/)
-   -   Explosive Lemon Seeds (http://ggftw.com/forum/artwork-graphic-designs/50870-explosive-lemon-seeds.html)

Senike 06-29-2009 01:38 PM

Explosive Lemon Seeds

*I have no idea how the title is related, but oh well. >:
Angela(iloovedoggies) wouldn't make an art thread unless I were to make one with her...I was forced to do thiss D: Really.

Anyhow, I'm a 13 year old, grade 8 student (KUKUKU FRESHMEN IN SEPTEMBER 8D) who enjoys drawing animestical characters? idk. I was never interested in drawing until 2 years ago. Since then, I've been drawing quite often. <: Here are some of my horrid works. ;_;

http://i726.photobucket.com/albums/w...ters/wip-1.jpg
zzz, Need to start drawing eyes zzz.
*Spoiler'd--saves time to load this thread <:

Spoiler!

*Please do not request more than one person
Request is now open for extra pratices +_+
1.Closed
2.Closed
3.Closed

Finished Request
Kaito Lee [Senpai]

*Critques are more than welcome (You could be as harsh as you can, LOL.)
Kukuku - dA' www.reinshire.deviantart.com

Oh btw, I'm kind of too lazy to edit my profile...but, I'm actually 14 years-old now, and is halfway through 15. (Not like any of you care, but lol.)

iloovedoggies 06-29-2009 01:44 PM

BECAUSE YOU DID THE SAME TO ME >O
now you shall suffer like i did <:

anyways
i like how your drawings are so clean. i also adore the hair <3
and i love how in the first and last picture's brush strokes are so clean >w<

Ascherit 06-29-2009 04:52 PM

Dude Senie

HOW COME YOU NEVER TOLD ME YOU CAN DRAW THIS WELL QQ

Anyways, I love how you draw hair -- it's so nice and detailed. The only thing I would point out about it is that the flow of hair over her shoulders looks a tad awkward -- the hair looks like it's bending rather than flowing.

Other than that, you have very clean lines -- when I was 13 my tablet lines looked like crap lol.

Faith 06-29-2009 06:17 PM

You almost got the hair down on the first one, good job! :D

Senike 06-29-2009 06:23 PM

Thanks alot Faith <:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ascherit (Post 881257)
Dude Senie

Anyways, I love how you draw hair -- it's so nice and detailed. The only thing I would point out about it is that the flow of hair over her shoulders looks a tad awkward -- the hair looks like it's bending rather than flowing.

Other than that, you have very clean lines -- when I was 13 my tablet lines looked like crap lol.

LULZ, I did it in pencil and cheated with VECTOR CURVE on the first one. 8D
@bold, how2fix?? Q_Q I knew something looked broken u:
Thanks Senpai +_+ I really appreciate it~

PedroRomero 06-29-2009 08:22 PM

you have nice lineart. i think you're off to a good start

Silver Rook 06-29-2009 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ascherit (Post 881257)
Dude Senie

When I was 13, I r draw realism and calicatures only. On paper, tablets don't exist in my world yet.

D<

LoL, you youn'ones are indeed lucky... ._.

Ascherit 06-29-2009 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Senike (Post 881351)
@bold, how2fix?? Q_Q I knew something looked broken u:
Thanks Senpai +_+ I really appreciate it~

Err, I'm not sure how to explain it in words, so I drew a really crude drawing lolol

http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/3708/exampleb.png

Something like that -- as long as the hair looks like it's flowing

Faith 06-30-2009 04:32 AM

That is what I thought would be better ^^^^^ (look at ascherit's post)

The way you drew the hair is very good, but a bit awkward lol

Shnao 06-30-2009 08:52 AM

Oh, hay naise art thread Snekishi. ;D +reps for awsumness.

Senike 07-02-2009 07:48 PM

Thanks for all the feedback guys <3

~
Update <:

The top part of the head looks...odd ;_; It looks too flat...;_;

...A male, or at least suppose to be >>__>>>;

Omg...so much excessive space Q_Q

~EDIT
I changed the hairstyle by alittle bit since his head...looked too flat @_@...
Huge Image is Huge

Shnao 07-02-2009 08:25 PM

The chin looks a little poofy IMO, I imagine it should be a bit more sharp/slender. D:

Tea 07-02-2009 10:31 PM

Well working with the first draft, i think you should move the crown of the head a little to the left. and make it the so the hair comes out from that point. instead of adding on to cover it since you said you feel there is too much hair/spikes going on. Because basically the hair its being brushed forwards from the crown to the forehead and just add either little spikes or i guess hair hills at the top of the hair where it clumps and overlays. It seems too jagged where the hair starts to address itself downward the skull.

As for the cheek and chin i think its fine for that angle. And not every style includes sharp chins/cheeks. The more curvy the chin the younger you're trying to make the character, which im guessing is around the pre-teen range or freshman of high school. I dont know the facial features or the height of the character, so im just basing it on reference details.

I'd show you in demonstration, but its late.. x__x *bed*

PedroRomero 07-02-2009 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silver Rook (Post 881592)
When I was 13, I r draw realism and calicatures only. On paper, tablets don't exist in my world yet.

D<

LoL, you youn'ones are indeed lucky... ._.

lol yeah i kinda had the same thought too. lol i just got a tablet recently and i'm in my 20s. and you know old geezers like us don't learn how to use things as fast as the youngins sometimes. you and i both have seen the rapid change over the past few years. think of the things we did when we were 13 that maybe our older siblings didn't or our parents.

anyway i think it's a bit mind boggling to see someone so you have a tablet or gaining such experience young but i mean come on you can use a computer. how many older ppl are boggled by that. or even how i'm boggled by elementary kids on the comp.

i think we should put such amazement aside though and just judge these works as what they are, someones attempt at creating visual art.

Dani 07-04-2009 09:14 PM

ohay you have an art therda too
and you're using vectors like i told you too :jj: GOGOGO /shot
You draw good for a 13 yr old ;_; I wish I was that pro at 13. Anyways I would come up with crits and stuff but I'm way too tired now, I'll come up with something later lol.

But yeah just remember with tablets and vectoring and stuff in sai- sketch with tablet, vector with mouse.

Senike 07-07-2009 07:47 PM

Thanks for the critique guys~I appreciate it!

@Dani
LOL yeah, cheating with vector makes things alot easier...BUT VECTOR IS TOO TIME CONSUMING ;__;---And thanks <:

..Update, I'm working with an OC ART TRADE with Angela(iloovedoggies)...and this is the front and 3/4 view...
Spoiler!

Will work on fullbody now.

Yoruhime 07-11-2009 01:04 PM

Quote:

/JHe says:
*I WILL DRAW YOUR OC ONE DAY
*TO GET IN YOUR ALBLUM
Kufufu... Remember what you said! :shock:
And they're very lovely. They're just missing the eyes. Keep it up! <3

Senike 07-11-2009 08:29 PM

^ LOL Kara <3
I'm working on your request atm..your OC +_+ Seriously gave me quite some troubles with the posing ;_; but hay, I finally got it! I'd likely get this done anytime soon.

Here's how it looks atm ;_; WIP
http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/h...Untitled-9.jpg
I'm quite proud of myself on this since I did this purely with tablet <:

Edit: FFFF LOL, Ignore the "hi angela" please
<:

Yoruhime 07-12-2009 06:55 AM

So far so good. I really can't wait for the end result. <3

Imma kidnap you at school to become my art slave.

If you practice really hard & get some fame around places, you may even make some $$$ out of your art (aka. doing commissions). :py62: