LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
07-04-2008   #1 (permalink)
Bob
I am Bob.
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineLa TalePerfect WorldRunescape
Awards Retired Division Head

Bob is a splendid one to beholdBob is a splendid one to beholdBob is a splendid one to beholdBob is a splendid one to beholdBob is a splendid one to beholdBob is a splendid one to beholdBob is a splendid one to beholdBob is a splendid one to behold
Default [IDEA] Desktop of the Week

Who thinks this will work? I spend lots of time making my desktop look nice and I guess it could be considered "artwork". So... Yeah? I think it would be fun. I love decorating my desktop when I get bored. I get bored a lot. Plus, everyone can participate =) cause everyone can do it!!

Discuss!!

Edit: I can also have up a list of desktop customization sites for everyone to use. Things like www.deviantart.com and tutorials for customized visual styles =).

Last edited by Bob; 07-04-2008 at 07:23 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
07-04-2008   #2 (permalink)
On the Radio
Special
Games
MapleStoryAudition 2PangyaTrickster Online
Awards Event WinnerSotW Junior

Kebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Kebin Send a message via Skype™ to Kebin
IGN: Kevin
Class: (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ lt_bard
Level: 19
Guild: (◕‿◕✿)

Eh its a good idea i guess, but theres a post your desktop thread so it seems kinda boring.

07-04-2008   #3 (permalink)
Bob
I am Bob.
Special
Games

Bob is a splendid one to beholdBob is a splendid one to beholdBob is a splendid one to beholdBob is a splendid one to beholdBob is a splendid one to beholdBob is a splendid one to beholdBob is a splendid one to beholdBob is a splendid one to behold

But but, this is a weekly contest. AND YOU GET TO WIN. Everyone wants to win right >___>? I do.

07-04-2008   #4 (permalink)
On the Radio
Special
Games

Kebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond repute

What does one get if they win -stares-

07-04-2008   #5 (permalink)
Bob
I am Bob.
Special
Games

They get the right to boast they have the prettiest desktop of the week =). And then everyone can ask them HOW DID YOU DO THAT? And they`ll be like, it was no problemo... I`m slick.

Or something like that. Just for fun. I mean what do you get for winning SOTW. Boasting rights =).

07-04-2008   #6 (permalink)
On the Radio
Special
Games

That is right D< but you have to host it 8D

07-04-2008   #7 (permalink)
Bob
I am Bob.
Special
Games

Yeah I`m willing too. I just want to know if the members think it is a good idea, but no one replies... except the fat sheep boy D8.

07-04-2008   #8 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
MabinogiDC Universe OnlineVindictusLineage II
Awards Admin AwardStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Harlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Harlequin Send a message via MSN to Harlequin Send a message via Skype™ to Harlequin
IGN: Kirinne
Class: Grenadier lt_treasurehunter
Guild: <Databased>
Xfire: glarbage

I dunno if a weekly competition would be suited for this... Most people don't change their desktops nearly that often. Perhaps a bi-weekly or a monthly thing... I dunno. Ask Paul.

07-04-2008   #9 (permalink)
Bob
I am Bob.
Special
Games

Kay 8D. I don`t change my desktop that much either, but if this competition was... implemented (? I`m bad with words today), then I would change it more often =). A lot more.

07-05-2008   #10 (permalink)
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Games
Blade & SoulAdventure Quest WorldsDiablo IIIGuild Wars 2
Awards Twitter Fan

Poople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud of

i like my desktop the way it is (i did not make this) and would not want to ruin it with my so far sucky GIMP skills so i won't i will if i get better at GIMP though

07-05-2008   #11 (permalink)
MakeThingsWork!
Games
League of Legends
Awards Facebook Fan

GodofFaith is just really niceGodofFaith is just really niceGodofFaith is just really niceGodofFaith is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to GodofFaith Send a message via MSN to GodofFaith
IGN: GodofFaith/GodofClerics
Level: 220/280
Guild: Caballa

hmm did you post a picture of your desktop....because if you did there nothing now

07-05-2008   #12 (permalink)
늑대와 미녀
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineTrickster OnlineGrand ChaseAudition
Awards Retired Forum ManagementEvent WinnerGrand Signature Champion AwardSotW Senior

Kudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Kudaranai

I'm sensing "Wallpaper of the week" would be more appropriate considering not everyone makes their own desktop wallpapers.

07-05-2008   #13 (permalink)
Bob
I am Bob.
Special
Games

^ Wallpaper of the week was tried before. I don`t think it ever made it. I thought Desktop of the week would be a good idea because it`s easy to do =) and everyone can do it. Plus it gives people a chance to learn how to make their desktop pretty (especially for those with XP and need custom visual styles).

07-05-2008   #14 (permalink)
늑대와 미녀
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineTrickster OnlineGrand ChaseAudition
Awards Retired Forum ManagementEvent WinnerGrand Signature Champion AwardSotW Senior

Kudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Kudaranai

ToT mine's pretty plain, it's funny though, I've never bother to make money look nice.