Aika Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
11-21-2012   #1 (permalink)
Nonsense
Games
Trickster Online
Awards Event WinnerWandering Eye

Nebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Enthalpy/ Reminder
Class: Duelist to_bunny
Guild: Guardians
Default I would like some advice

So I have recently decided to get back into drawing. Anyways I am currently working on a christmas present for a friend. I know my anatomy needs work as I started with a more cartoony style however I am more interested with advice for fur.

Here is a work in progress.

With it are the pencils that I have used to colour it in so far. I am mainly using the prismacolor verithins for it with a few premiers (with the white part I shall use the premiers more due to the larger variety of grays)

Anyways, I am finding that the colouring looks a little uncolourful so are there any colours I should mix in with the fur? (I like a bit of a shiny look)
Also, it there a good way to determine which direct the fur on the head should go? (Looking at photos helps, however experience is nice too)

Lastly any ideas for a background?

Thanks for your time.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
11-21-2012   #2 (permalink)
#selfie
Games
Trickster OnlineEden EternalLeague of Legends

Versalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud of
IGN: Versalia

Green earth background.

Like a 'field' of bamboo.
But don't make it too sharp or detailed.
Just enough to tell what it is, and to tell them apart.

It should make the panda stand out.
Plus the panda is holding a bamboo stick which I assume you'll color green.

Looks really nice so far!
Keep it up.

11-21-2012   #3 (permalink)
Nonsense
Games
Trickster Online

Nebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond repute

Mmm, a bamboo forrest would be nice
Not sure if I can succefully pull of a blurry backfround, simply as I like my stiff being sharp I (with traditonal stuff that is). I however agree that green is the way to go. Thanks for the input.

11-21-2012   #4 (permalink)
#selfie
Games

Versalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud of

No problem!
But I didn't mean 'blurry'
But just not too sharp that it takes the focus from the panda.

Don't get me wrong sharp is great, but 'too-sharp' backgrounds aren't the greatest idea if you aren't doing a scenery drawing.

Who knows maybe both ways it'll look amazing!

Oh and different shades of green. To make it look natural and colorful. 8D

11-21-2012   #5 (permalink)
Nonsense
Games
Trickster Online

I decided on a simple outline of bamboo, simply as doing a full background is time consuming
I shall show you the finished product.. Still working on the fur however.

11-22-2012   #6 (permalink)
Posts when passionate.
Games
Battle of the ImmortalsFlyFFGrand ChaseLa Tale
Awards Facebook Fan

Riolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to Riolu
Xfire: riolu

I love your drawing but the fur on the body and baldness of the face makes me feel like the panda is contradicting itself. Could you either shorten the hair on it's body and add a little fur on it's ears or make it totally cartoon-ish with no fur?

11-22-2012   #7 (permalink)
#selfie
Games

And when you finish it, you should post it. (:
Would love to see it finished.