ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Artwork / Graphic Designs (http://ggftw.com/forum/artwork-graphic-designs/)
-   -   Dooli's Drawings (http://ggftw.com/forum/artwork-graphic-designs/109552-doolis-drawings.html)

Dooli 03-16-2012 05:21 PM

Dooli's Drawings

So I decided to post the artwork I've done from Feb 2011 (Got my first tablet that month :D) onward :> It would be nice if I got some tips not just on the art but the programy stuff cause I'm pretty bad at that type of stuff :/ Like adding backgrounds to your pictures. Not like drawing them, but like the... stuff. Uuuuh yeah.

Well anyway... I made this thread so that I could possible draw more and get better :> So any type of drawing tips would be nice. Requests are also fine since they'll make me draw more. Hopefully you guys won't mind if it isn't as good as some other peoples. I know a good bit of animes and mangas and what not so those are fine too :D Vocaloid and games as well (Devil Survivor 2 THE ARTIST OMG ;A; )

Feb 2011
First coloring attempt ever. It was on PS

Looked up tutorials after that of course :> And switched to SAI

March 2011

April 2011

May and June 2011
Don't think I drew on my tablet during that time. Mostly on paper.

July 2011 Came back to my tablet :D.. kinda

August 2011 Got into Inazuma Eleven cause of a friend :O

September 2011

October 2011 Started drawing more Trickster stuff.

Dooli 03-16-2012 05:27 PM

November 2011
Noxx :py63:

December 2011

Mr Polar once again :O

2012 :D

Tiger and Bunny :py63:

February 2012

March 2012

Whew ;A; Well here's pretty much MOST of the drawings I did over that whole year. It was kind of fun to look at my old stuff. My style isn't really consistent :/ But it'll come to me one day!

So if anyone would like me to draw something I'd be very happy to do it if you don't mind my skill level cause that's more practice for me :py54:

Ascherit 03-16-2012 05:31 PM

Everything is so adorable, especially

I die :>

I see a lot of improvement going on in just one year. Love your Trickster piece (the one with the GM) -- the wings look lovely! And don't worry, you're not the only one who has trouble with style consistency /shot

For my request can I get a drawing of my OC, Kaitoru?

Ref: http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a7/...ki0/120214.png

She's supposed to look tomboyish/androgynous but my drawings of her can get a bit too feminine :< You can draw her in that outfit or anything similar or in princely/military-wear of some sort. :)

Dooli 03-16-2012 05:45 PM

Awww thank you for the compliment ;A; And yes... The style... I hope one day I'll have one that I can learn to love and call my own. I'd love one for a birthday present :py56:

MintyVampire 03-16-2012 05:48 PM

Omg love your chibis!!

And I think this style of yours is my favs :>

LolKathy 03-16-2012 09:06 PM

You improved so much, makes me look like a piece of poop ;o;
I love the Trickster art the most <3 Keep the good work up!

Gaap 03-16-2012 10:32 PM

Ahh!!! EVERY. SINGLE. ONE! I love your stuff! Oh and improvements too! :)

(andcrossdressingkanonfrompunishmentgameisthegreat est)

Pshfrk 03-17-2012 12:52 AM

Nice improvement ! Your " Okumura Rin " is so hot it burns

Go, Dooli, Go !

Dooli 03-17-2012 02:20 PM

Blergh Well here it is Ascherit. Sorry for the messiness...
I don't really draw girls often :/ I'm more of a draw men only person, so I guess this was pretty nice practice :D Hopefully she is manly enough for you.

And thank you for the compliments :> Yes I'm going to keep on improving!! Need to work on hands OTL

Ascherit 03-17-2012 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dooli (Post 1693205)
Blergh Well here it is Ascherit. Sorry for the messiness...
I don't really draw girls often :/ I'm more of a draw men only person, so I guess this was pretty nice practice :D Hopefully she is manly enough for you.

And thank you for the compliments :> Yes I'm going to keep on improving!! Need to work on hands OTL

Wah I love it! Thank you! I think you did a pretty good job of drawing her as a female retaining some of her tomboyish masculinity :> I also like the outfit~

Hands are problematic for me, too :py22: I always have to draw them in blocks and circles before they take proper shape haha. One of the main things that catch my eye in a piece of artwork are hands-- I have almost a hand fetish when it comes to viewing artwork >_>

Lovenia 03-17-2012 04:48 PM

Such nice improvement going there~
Really nice. ♥ (:
FELLOW ARTISTS MUST NEVER GIVE UP, AND STRIVE TO IMPROVE. >:3

Jessica 03-17-2012 06:56 PM

Awesome artwork! :3

That's my favorite

Dooli 03-17-2012 07:34 PM

@Lovenia
YES! PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT

@Settie
Glad to know there's something that you liked from that whole art timeline! :py35:

Annnnd here's something I'll probably be working on for the next few days :> GOING TO TRY AND MAKE IT AS WONDERFUL AS POSSIBLE. Probably going to go look up a ton of tutorials on coloring :L

He's a character from this game that's about to come out ;A; AND I THINK HE'S JUST ADORABLE. His jacket is just soooo fun to draw :py01: Too bad I can't play the game cause it's in Japanese. I'll just have to live off of reviews *sob*

Senike 03-17-2012 11:59 PM

You draw such beautiful characters ;_; Great poses and proportions too. I really enjoy your recent drawing- his face is hngg |'D

Do you take requests? :>

Dooli 03-18-2012 07:33 AM

Hahaha thank you very much :> But I still got a lot to work on. Annnd Yes I do take requests :D Since that means more practice!

Senike 03-18-2012 09:41 AM

Alright, thanks!

I enjoyed looking through your improvements too xD, I'm envious how you always have motivation to draw every month.

Oh but anyways, in regards to request:
Spoiler!

Dooli 03-18-2012 12:35 PM

I'll be working on it after I get all my work done :> And most of my motivation probably comes from obsessions as well as this one girl I know who's my age and is better than me. She's even got her own style coming about ;A; But I feel like I'm catching up!

Dooli 03-18-2012 07:28 PM

Senike here's the request :O Sorry if the face looks a bit funky... I was trying out a new face angle, so he kind of was my guinea pig ಠ_ಠ. He isn't that shota either gjkfjd. Also forgive me for the mistakes on your metal monster man :py56: But I think I might color this later :O

Spoiler!

Senike 03-18-2012 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dooli (Post 1693676)
Senike here's the request :O Sorry if the face looks a bit funky... I was trying out a new face angle, so he kind of was my guinea pig ಠ_ಠ. He isn't that shota either gjkfjd. Also forgive me for the mistakes on your metal monster man :py56: But I think I might color this later :O

Spoiler!

Omgod <3 you got it done rather quickly, I didn't expect it xD; but this is faaabulous 5j1jgdaslkj. I wish I could thank you more than one time |'D -- you even drew the creature thing ;__; it must've been a challenge since I like to draw overdetailed characters- but it's good to try out new things |'D

You drew levia really adorable too :py56: thanks a lot ! but if they're hug- he's going be cut in half orz"

How's the colouring with the game chara coming along-

Dooli 03-18-2012 07:52 PM

Glad you like it :> It was fun to actually draw the creature thing :D I truthfully had more fun with it then Levia. Er and about the coloring on the other one... I-I haven't even cleaned up the lineart or fixed the details ;A; I'll probably start doing that....now.