ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community


Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Lunia > Lunia Hunting Grounds > Arien - The Elven Archer

Zero Online
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Zero Online

Rating:  

8.2

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
04-10-2009   #1 (permalink)
STEP
WhatThePhuc's Avatar
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardSotW BeginnerWandering EyeFacebook FanTwitter Fan
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: San Diego, California
Posts: 4,162
Blog Entries: 10
iTrader: (0)
WhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePhuc Send a message via MSN to WhatThePhuc
IGN: Phuc Tran
Class: Visual Arts Major lt_warlord
Level: 23
Guild: University of California, San Diego
Default arien's dps vs yuki

allright, i've always been hearing that arien's dps is lower than yuki's
which i do not agree with
someone give me a yuki build that has more dps than this arien build:
Lunia Skill Calculator(JP)
given that ldrake is used (and ancient elf when lvl 60 skill is available)
i'm pretty sure that yuki is not the top dps anymore
__________________

Last edited by WhatThePhuc; 04-10-2009 at 08:57 PM.
 
Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
04-10-2009   #2 (permalink)
Discuss.
Xpecial's Avatar
Games
League of LegendsAionAlliance of Valiant ArmsBloodline Champions
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorMoM Award
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: California
Posts: 3,019
iTrader: (1)
Xpecial has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to Xpecial
IGN: Xpec
Class: Dainn lu_dainn
Level: -
Guild: -
Default

Then wouldn't you lose out on DPS from the str boost of Myth gears?
__________________
 
04-10-2009   #3 (permalink)
STEP
WhatThePhuc's Avatar
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardSotW BeginnerWandering EyeFacebook FanTwitter Fan
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: San Diego, California
Posts: 4,162
Blog Entries: 10
iTrader: (0)
WhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePhuc Send a message via MSN to WhatThePhuc
IGN: Phuc Tran
Class: Visual Arts Major lt_warlord
Level: 23
Guild: University of California, San Diego
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpecial
Then wouldn't you lose out on DPS from the str boost of Myth gears?
ldrake on hotkeys
when you press the hotkey to switch equips, the slot is replaced with the equip that you switched with
so you basically use the same key to switch between equips
for example, using 1 key to switch between ldrake support and lunia decoration

with myth equips, any character should get at least 4k mp which allows arien to spam skills for a while before switching to ldrake for a few seconds to recover mp
while yuki is standing there recovering mp, arien recovers mp while doing more damage
and it's only significant if you're changing between str brackets
for example, if you have less than 1.5k when u switch to ldrake, then yes there is a difference
however, if you have between 1.5k to 2k str with or without ldrake on, then might as well leave ldrake on since it won't make much difference

the only reason yuki is better than arien for myth would be her flinching skills
__________________

Last edited by WhatThePhuc; 04-13-2009 at 06:02 PM.
 
04-11-2009   #4 (permalink)
But not a snitch.
whitepage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,020
iTrader: (0)
whitepage is a jewel in the roughwhitepage is a jewel in the roughwhitepage is a jewel in the rough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatThePhuc
allright, i've always been hearing that arien's dps is lower than yuki's
which i do not agree with
someone give me a yuki build that has more dps than this arien build:
Lunia Skill Calculator(JP)
given that ldrake is used (and ancient elf when lvl 60 skill is available)
i'm pretty sure that yuki is not the top dps anymore
I cant give you a yuki that beats this because I dont have much knowledge on yuki skills beside seeing them in action. But I can give you a better build for arien, in myth (?) , even though I didnt played the game for days.

[Myth]
Does it matter that arien has more dps or less dps skills? All she need to bring to the stage/raid is imbal party crit buff and she has done sufficiently well in her role. Think of the rest like a bonus. That's the sole reason she is up there, right at the top.
 
04-11-2009   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 254
iTrader: (0)
Inno will become famous soon enough
IGN: LightOfAngel
Guild: iREJECT, ForielUnion
Default

Quote:
Does it matter that arien has more dps or less dps skills? All she need to bring to the stage/raid is imbal party crit buff and she has done sufficiently well in her role. Think of the rest like a bonus. That's the sole reason she is up there, right at the top.
Thats true... Her damage(in myth) sucks lol.
 
04-13-2009   #6 (permalink)
*insert title here*
Azuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 865
iTrader: (0)
Azuna is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boobeemagic
I cant give you a yuki that beats this because I dont have much knowledge on yuki skills beside seeing them in action. But I can give you a better build for arien, in myth (?) , even though I didnt played the game for days.

[Myth]
Does it matter that arien has more dps or less dps skills? All she need to bring to the stage/raid is imbal party crit buff and she has done sufficiently well in her role. Think of the rest like a bonus. That's the sole reason she is up there, right at the top.
Yessir. Crit buff to 8+ members provides way more DPS than any skill Arien (or anyone, for that matter) could ever hope to have.
 
04-13-2009   #7 (permalink)
STEP
WhatThePhuc's Avatar
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardSotW BeginnerWandering EyeFacebook FanTwitter Fan
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: San Diego, California
Posts: 4,162
Blog Entries: 10
iTrader: (0)
WhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePhuc Send a message via MSN to WhatThePhuc
IGN: Phuc Tran
Class: Visual Arts Major lt_warlord
Level: 23
Guild: University of California, San Diego
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuna
Yessir. Crit buff to 8+ members provides way more DPS than any skill Arien (or anyone, for that matter) could ever hope to have.
depends on who
its useless on yuki and dainn
but yea, crit buff is hax
__________________
 
04-13-2009   #8 (permalink)
Back from the Grave
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 1,261
iTrader: (0)
Deity is on a distinguished road
IGN: BattleGod
Guild: Titans
Default

If Arien didn't use so much MP, she'd beat Yuki in terms of damage and efficiency. The only major drawback about Arien is that she has less flinching skills in myth compared to Yuki.
__________________
Deity, 70 + 77 Dainn, Inactive
BattleGod, 68 + 82 + 74 Sieg, Casual PvPer
 
04-13-2009   #9 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
VeraSwablu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 735
iTrader: (0)
VeraSwablu will become famous soon enough
IGN: NeoSerela
Class: Eir the Healer lu_eir
Guild: Titans, DashAttack
Default

Something most people don't seem to consider is that most of Arien's skills DO NOT PIERCE. They do hax dmg... but not against a mob of monsters. Lightning Arrow, Calling Thunder and Fierce Wind are her only non-flame skills that pierce.

Against giant mobs of monsters (Example:MYTH RAID.) her dps isn't near as good as it may seem. It is still quite nice however, and her crit buff is very hax, but her own dmg output certainly isn't the highest when it comes to mobs.
 
04-13-2009   #10 (permalink)
Discuss.
Xpecial's Avatar
Games
League of LegendsAionAlliance of Valiant ArmsBloodline Champions
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorMoM Award
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: California
Posts: 3,019
iTrader: (1)
Xpecial has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to Xpecial
IGN: Xpec
Class: Dainn lu_dainn
Level: -
Guild: -
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatThePhuc
ldrake on hotkeys
when you press the hotkey to switch equips, the slot is replaced with the equip that you switched with
so you basically use the same key to switch between equips
for example, using 1 key to switch between ldrake support and lunia decoration

with myth equips, any character should get at least 4k mp which allows arien to spam skills for a while before switching to ldrake for a few seconds to recover mp
while yuki is standing there recovering mp, arien recovers mp while doing more damage
and it's only significant if you're changing between str brackets
for example, if you have less than 1.5k when u switch to ldrake, then yes there is a difference
however, if you have between 1.5k to 2k str with or without ldrake on, then might as well leave ldrake on since it won't make much difference

the only reason yuki is better than arien for myth would be her flinching skills
I know about the switching between equips.

But in the higher Myth stages, the bonus in str per part is really high, making 4 pieces equating to at least 1k+ str, which can be a fairly big difference (on the other hand, having enough of the other parts should give enough damage for ldrake to be effective).
__________________
 
04-13-2009   #11 (permalink)
全砲門!Fire!
Special
Gladiat's Avatar
Games
LuniaLuna OnlineLand of Chaos OnlineGrand Chase
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerWandering EyeTwitter FanPervert Award
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: a place where it's not gay
Posts: 4,131
iTrader: (0)
Gladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud of
IGN: 混合
Level: ⑨
Guild: NoGay
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeraSwablu
Something most people don't seem to consider is that most of Arien's skills DO NOT PIERCE. They do hax dmg... but not against a mob of monsters. Lightning Arrow, Calling Thunder and Fierce Wind are her only non-flame skills that pierce.

Against giant mobs of monsters (Example:MYTH RAID.) her dps isn't near as good as it may seem. It is still quite nice however, and her crit buff is very hax, but her own dmg output certainly isn't the highest when it comes to mobs.
Aren't you forgetting about Edge of Thunder and Eye of Storm?

Or are you just considering the ones that shoot arrows?
__________________
 
04-13-2009   #12 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Lunar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Lunia
Posts: 6,399
iTrader: (0)
Lunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of light
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiat
Aren't you forgetting about Edge of Thunder and Eye of Storm?

Or are you just considering the ones that shoot arrows?
those dont exactly do dmg and edge doesn't pierce it shoots 10 times 5 on each side.. they do not pierce
 
04-13-2009   #13 (permalink)
Discuss.
Xpecial's Avatar
Games
League of LegendsAionAlliance of Valiant ArmsBloodline Champions
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorMoM Award
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: California
Posts: 3,019
iTrader: (1)
Xpecial has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to Xpecial
IGN: Xpec
Class: Dainn lu_dainn
Level: -
Guild: -
Default

Not many skills pierce...

It's like saying that Dainn's firebomb is completely useless on mobs, since it can only hit 2 times at max.
__________________
 
04-13-2009   #14 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Lunar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Lunia
Posts: 6,399
iTrader: (0)
Lunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of light
Default

well we are comparing to yuki in this thread
and yuki has more "piercing" aoe skills
all of yuki's rb skills are pierce or aoe
while arien has this real slow gigantic aoe, weak aoe lightning, and a semi pierce arrow(it acts like moon pieces where if it hits a target in front it doesn't hit the one in back)
that and yuki's non rb versions all have the same atribute while arien gets an even weaker aoe, a 150sec cd skill, and a no pierce shot

then u add yuki's icerain, icepillars, cbd all "pierces"
and arien gets lightning arrow
 
04-13-2009   #15 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
VeraSwablu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 735
iTrader: (0)
VeraSwablu will become famous soon enough
IGN: NeoSerela
Class: Eir the Healer lu_eir
Guild: Titans, DashAttack
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiat
Aren't you forgetting about Edge of Thunder and Eye of Storm?

Or are you just considering the ones that shoot arrows?
Yea I forgot about Eye of Storm. But as the other person said, Eye isn't exactly great dmg, and Edge does NOT pierce.

And when comparing to Dainn, Eir, Yuki... (and this topic is about comparing to Yuki) the majority of their skills are either AOE or Pierce. Even Sieg, Krieg, and Tia, next to all of their skills easily hit multiple targets. Arien's arrows will almost never hit more then one target each.

I'd say more but quite frankly, Lunar said everything I needed to say xD

Last edited by VeraSwablu; 04-13-2009 at 08:03 PM.
 
04-13-2009   #16 (permalink)
STEP
WhatThePhuc's Avatar
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardSotW BeginnerWandering EyeFacebook FanTwitter Fan
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: San Diego, California
Posts: 4,162
Blog Entries: 10
iTrader: (0)
WhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePhuc Send a message via MSN to WhatThePhuc
IGN: Phuc Tran
Class: Visual Arts Major lt_warlord
Level: 23
Guild: University of California, San Diego
Default

arien's problem in myth isnt that her skills dont pierce
its that her skills don't air
__________________
 
04-13-2009   #17 (permalink)
Discuss.
Xpecial's Avatar
Games
League of LegendsAionAlliance of Valiant ArmsBloodline Champions
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorMoM Award
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: California
Posts: 3,019
iTrader: (1)
Xpecial has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to Xpecial
IGN: Xpec
Class: Dainn lu_dainn
Level: -
Guild: -
Default

I recall Myth as "mobbing everything into one spot" where I really don't see the need for piercing.

But, I'm sure the rest of you would be much better at talking about staging than I am; thus, carry on `-`
__________________
 
04-13-2009   #18 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
VeraSwablu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 735
iTrader: (0)
VeraSwablu will become famous soon enough
IGN: NeoSerela
Class: Eir the Healer lu_eir
Guild: Titans, DashAttack
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpecial
I recall Myth as "mobbing everything into one spot" where I really don't see the need for piercing.
Yes, but, although even characters like Sieg and Tia's skills will generally hit more then 1 of those monsters mobbed into one spot, all of arien's non-piercing skills (Aka almost all the good ones) will still usually only get 1 monster per hit. This severely hurts her damage in comparison to other characters.
 
04-13-2009   #19 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Lunar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Lunia
Posts: 6,399
iTrader: (0)
Lunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of light
Default

hmmmm.. how to describe. arien has no splash damage (taken from starcraft) on a lot of her skills
but in my terms, although it says [myth] in title i kind of generalize to all staging

Last edited by Lunar; 04-13-2009 at 09:15 PM.
 
04-14-2009   #20 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler
az335's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 154
iTrader: (0)
az335 is on a distinguished road
IGN: leehom, leehomm
Class: Dacy, Arien
Guild: Fusion
Default

well if l.drake were to be switched in and out, then we can say the same for dacy, a TC would regen most of her mana back. the problem is rarely do u see people doing so with dacy.

and i agree here arien and yuki dps are comparable.

I have come up a skill build for myth myself:

Lunia Skill Calculator(JP)

feel free to judge
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


DarkOrbit
Need a new browser game?

Try 

DarkOrbit

Rating:  

5.8
Hide this banner by registering for our community.