ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Arien - The Elven Archer (http://ggftw.com/forum/arien-elven-archer/)
-   -   [PvP] Am I missing something? (http://ggftw.com/forum/arien-elven-archer/44288-am-i-missing-something.html)

Jumper 04-10-2009 01:47 PM

Am I missing something?

Or is Arien the worst char yet?
I know she has that sleepblow ground combo, but thats quite escapable.
All of her starters are escapable.
She has no resets.
She does crap damage in air combos.
Her range is shorter than Sieg's.
Her range is as narrow as Yuki's.
Her arrows can't be used to flinch to >>as, as they can dash out right after being hit.

Xpecial 04-10-2009 01:50 PM

From what I heard from Lunar and others, she just isn't cut out for PvP.

WhatThePhuc 04-10-2009 03:11 PM

she wasn't made for pvp

HoroTheWise 04-10-2009 04:39 PM

Is it me or I can't combo with Thunder Fragment. AA>>AS Thunder Fragment o_O In a movie i saw about Arien combo, this arien did AA>>AS Thunder Fragment

VeraSwablu 04-10-2009 05:06 PM

You must do dAS Thunder Fragment >A. If you don't do the >A it will miss. You also must do it incredibly fast, as I found out from experience x_x

On the upside, the airtime is really good afterwards ;D

windcurse 04-10-2009 06:14 PM

Allm needs to make the game based on PvP, not stage <_<

Lunar 04-10-2009 06:27 PM

u can say.. she's a spam char and
range shorter than sieg? no way.. wut have u been doing? i can so out reach a dainn or maybe not.. same range maybe
she's just way slower in starting so siegs can actually "reach" as compared to other long ranged chars

Inno 04-10-2009 09:51 PM

She has narrow range+slow starters+no resets. :[

Adamant 04-11-2009 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jumper (Post 787144)
Or is Arien the worst char yet?
I know she has that sleepblow ground combo, but thats quite escapable.
All of her starters are escapable.
She has no resets.
She does crap damage in air combos.
Her range is shorter than Sieg's.
Her range is as narrow as Yuki's.
Her arrows can't be used to flinch to >>as, as they can dash out right after being hit.

lmfao. Narrow range? You've gotta be kidding. Her range is definitely about as wide as Siegs, if not a tiny bit bigger. Go to the practice field and stand half a dash length away from a crow and hit A

Dark13 04-11-2009 08:59 AM

Addy, Inno means dAS. Her range may be FAR but those arrows when doing AA dAS are narrow in WIDTH.

VeraSwablu 04-11-2009 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark13 (Post 787973)
Addy, Inno means dAS. Her range may be FAR but those arrows when doing AA dAS are narrow in WIDTH.

Not to mention how all her arrow-shooting skills (aka almost the entire wind tab) have the exact same tiny hitbox.

And then her entire flame tab is fairly useless in pvp, with small or narrow ranges and long cast times.

Jeneral 04-11-2009 12:05 PM

Hence why I was laughing at people who were scared of fighting her in PvP.

Can you say toopredictableandweakdamage?

Naps 04-21-2009 08:58 AM

im going to question the names of the 2 previous posters ._.

Yumidesu 04-24-2009 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeneral (Post 788101)
Hence why I was laughing at people who were scared of fighting her in PvP.

Can you say toopredictableandweakdamage?

Yes, because all that matters are the tournaments relative to LSC in PvP. No other PvP matters.

/endsarcasm

PKShota 04-24-2009 04:41 PM

All characters should've been balanced for both stage and pvp...(or except than Tia, only for PvP?)

Arien in my way is good.

Plus, I thought like a Krieg's regular A (unmoveable after hit, such as Lime's Yellow Trans Headbutt spam..), when Arien does dA, a tiny bit of flinch happens. That part gives me time to go combo shift crazy.

Does it matter if the damage is weak in air combo? Damage is still damage. Dish it out with spam of EoS/CT/BoW -> LA or whatever if you can't really do it.

Jumper 04-24-2009 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThiefPrincess (Post 805145)
All characters should've been balanced for both stage and pvp...(or except than Tia, only for PvP?)

Arien in my way is good.

Plus, I thought like a Krieg's regular A (unmoveable after hit, such as Lime's Yellow Trans Headbutt spam..), when Arien does dA, a tiny bit of flinch happens. That part gives me time to go combo shift crazy.

Does it matter if the damage is weak in air combo? Damage is still damage. Dish it out with spam of EoS/CT/BoW -> LA or whatever if you can't really do it.

Yes, we all know spam damage is more effective than 1cko damage.

Edit: Well that may be true for Dainn and his OP FoL+FireOrbs (Half hp without even having to touch your opponent!)

PKShota 04-24-2009 05:01 PM

^ Yes. B>Nerf on Dainn plx

windcurse 04-24-2009 05:48 PM

And buff on eirs by giving them moar base strength and int.

Yumidesu 04-25-2009 09:55 PM

^No. . _. I already dread Eir's AASAA>>Space Dodge spam with the patch. More Int + Str = more damage from AASAA Space and more Int gives more dodge spam. q_q

Arciph 04-30-2009 09:09 PM

Mmm.. The only skills I'm worried about is her lightning arrow and the one with the 2 parallel orbs that shoot electric spikes back and forth. Everything else is just.. meh..