Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
04-02-2011   #1 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
MabinogiDC Universe OnlineVindictusLineage II
Awards Admin AwardStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Harlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Harlequin Send a message via MSN to Harlequin Send a message via Skype™ to Harlequin
IGN: Cecilia Juelle
Class: Monk/Goldsmith lt_treasurehunter
Level: 50
Guild: Rapscallions
Xfire: glarbage
Default Dog Days

Type
: TV
Episodes: 12
Aired: Apr 2, 2011 to ?
Producers: Aniplex, Seven Arcs
Genres: Action, Shounen, Supernatural

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyAnimeList
Republic of Biscotti faces a predicament by the invasion of Galette Leo Knights. In order to save the country, Princess Milchore summons a "hero" from the outer world. Shinku, a junior high school boy living in the Earth, is chosen as the hero.

Ep 1 of this is out and subbed. It's decent, animation is pretty good. A little cute for my taste, but who knows? I'll keep watching it anyway.

Discuss?

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
04-02-2011   #2 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Awards Event WinnerSotW Beginner

Eden is a jewel in the roughEden is a jewel in the roughEden is a jewel in the roughEden is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Tabi, Renmei

Way too cute for my taste, don't know if will keep watching.

04-02-2011   #3 (permalink)
Lord of the Ceilings!
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineGrand ChaseLegend of Edda
Awards Staff AwardEvent WinnerMoM AwardDetail Detective

BoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: RandomPerson
Class: Saint lt_guardian
Level: 195
Guild: FrenchBread

was gonna watch this since i usually watch most animes in a season, dont know what to think about it though xD

04-02-2011   #4 (permalink)
a.k.a. Nyekun

Paul is just really nicePaul is just really nicePaul is just really nicePaul is just really nicePaul is just really nice

I got it torrented but I'll have to watch it later.

My Anime List / Playstation Network - Niikun

04-02-2011   #5 (permalink)
Feeling nostalgic, huh?
Games
Trickster OnlinePangyaAuditionzOMG!
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerFacebook FanPervert Award

Gaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Gaap
IGN: Makina
Class: Multi-Character to_boxer
Level: Pro D
Guild: Magika

=w=

Spoiler!

But yea. I'm with the "anime being cute" bandwagon. But it's not bad. Though it makes me think of Trickster when I see the "defeated soldiers" and kemonomimi (not just inumimi I saw)...Omochikaeri!

04-02-2011   #6 (permalink)
a.k.a. Nyekun

Paul is just really nicePaul is just really nicePaul is just really nicePaul is just really nicePaul is just really nice

Arite... i skipped the first few minutes since they were insanely boring and went onto where they introduce the character. When he spoke... first thing that came to my mind. Ginga Bishounen.

Anyways. Finished.. well, watched most of it.. skimmed a lot.... this show is insanely retarded. It's way too childish, yet this show probably isn't even aimed towards children.

Can't say I'll keep up with this series at this rate, not really worth the watch, which I'd really hate to judge by one episode. Do want to know what he can actually do though.

The only nice thing about the series so far, from my point of view, would be the animation.

My Anime List / Playstation Network - Niikun

Last edited by Paul; 04-02-2011 at 07:52 PM.

04-03-2011   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
LuniaSilkroad OnlineDynasty Warriors OnlineTales of Fantasy

Saibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul
this show is insanely retarded. It's way too childish, yet this show probably isn't even aimed towards children.
^This.

Dog Days = Copycat
  • Guy is summoned into a fantasy realm -> Zero no Tsukaima
  • Cellkull -> Chocobo from Final Fantasy series
  • Conquer the enemy´s fortress -> Takeshi´s Castle
And there´s probably a lot more. I´ll try a few more episodes but I´m not sure if this keeps me interested.

Also, omg @ this bird. Could have been from one of these shitty Barbie games...
Spoiler!

04-03-2011   #8 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games
Aika OnlineAlliance of Valiant ArmsAsda StoryArchlord
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Nihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Nihil679
IGN: Nihiru

Can you truly say this anime is a copycat purely based off three things? Although I did joke with a friend that the bird is very similar to a chocobo, you just can't call it a copycat when there are three different "references" made.
And since when did the conquering of castles become a single thing? Is there another way to win medieval wars now? So just because a story has the conquering of a castle to win a war, it's a copy cat of something? If so, I feel saddened for future fantasy works, as they are bound to be dubbed as copycats simply because there's no other way to win a war except the conquering of castles.

In other news, just watched this. I laughed.
Guy must have jumped like seven times in one episode. Half of those were off high places. And landed safely.
And then wars are sporting events!
And the insignificant characters all have lines for eyes!
I'll keep watching if only to amuse myself with its... uniqueness. (´∀`)

Last edited by Nihil679; 04-03-2011 at 06:17 AM.

04-03-2011   #9 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
LuniaSilkroad OnlineDynasty Warriors OnlineTales of Fantasy

Saibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihil679
Can you truly say this anime is a copycat purely based off three things? Although I did joke with a friend that the bird is very similar to a chocobo, you just can't call it a copycat when there are three different "references" made.
And since when did the conquering of castles become a single thing? Is there another way to win medieval wars now? So just because a story has the conquering of a castle to win a war, it's a copy cat of something?
Though it´s quite common to borrow some ideas here and there and to modify them so they fit into your own plot, but for my tastes Dog Days copied a bit too much from other shows and thus lacks originality. I hope this changes in future episodes, but this is my impression after the first one.

What I meant with "Conquer the enemy´s fortress -> Takeshi´s Castle"is rather the whole mechanism on how it´s done in Dog Days. The whole setup is almost exactly as in the game show Takeshi´s Castle: The attackers have to beat several obstacle courses until they can face the enemy leader and defeat him, while the whole battle is commented by moderators. Even the soft projectiles fired from air-powered cannons are there.
I just hope that both sides don´t end up driving weird vehicles and start shooting each other with water pistols, like here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wc_UMDdtjo to determine the winner in episode 2...

Last edited by Saibak; 04-03-2011 at 12:04 PM.

04-03-2011   #10 (permalink)
Feeling nostalgic, huh?
Games

Gaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond repute

I knew these references can be poked. But then I see many big-birds on fantasy realms, so yea.

Looking at Pixiv (just for fun), there are a ton of Milchore fanarts alerady! On and someone is quick on corssing Puella Magi w/ Dog Days/Biscotti... =w= Gonna go check Danbooru for any translations.. (If not, anyone can help me?)

Spoiler!

EDIT: Dunno why, but I got the image of cats vs. dogs.. AND I KNEW THERE'S GOING TO BE A BUNNY! (AKA Give TimerRabbit a bunny-girl and she'll be happy!)

Spoiler!

Last edited by Gaap; 04-03-2011 at 12:31 PM.

04-03-2011   #11 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Awards Admin AwardStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Harlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Harlequin Send a message via MSN to Harlequin Send a message via Skype™ to Harlequin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saibak
^This.

Dog Days = Copycat
  • Guy is summoned into a fantasy realm -> Zero no Tsukaima
  • Cellkull -> Chocobo from Final Fantasy series
  • Conquer the enemy´s fortress -> Takeshi´s Castle
And there´s probably a lot more. I´ll try a few more episodes but I´m not sure if this keeps me interested.

Spoiler!
This really is pretty stupid. While yes the birds are similar to chocobos, you know what else they're similar to? BIG OSTRICHES AND/OR EMUS. "Guy is summoned into a fantasy realm"... Don't even pretend like that is an idea that is original to Zero no Tsukaima. It's not copying, it's using an age-old storyline in a new(ish) setting. And using the game-show format to do "war" is pretty original for an anime. Yes it pulls it's format from Takeshi's Castle, but come on. That show is over 20 years old, get over it. If it's okay to make reference to things that are RELEVANT in culture, then referencing a game show that hasn't been relevant for quite some time now should mean little-to-nothing.

Quote:
uniqueness. (´∀`)
Yup.

04-03-2011   #12 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

Nihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond repute

Honestly, sporting event "wars" as a method of "negotiations" are FRICKIN' AWESOME. It's something that I, myself, often dream of happening in the real world. How amazing would it be if all our global conflicts were resolved by fighting games or MMO PvP wars or Olympic Colosseum matches? Just imagine how all the Call of Duty and Halo addicts start signing up to join the army.

04-03-2011   #13 (permalink)
Feeling nostalgic, huh?
Games

Quote:
Honestly, sporting event "wars" as a method of "negotiations" are FRICKIN' AWESOME. It's something that I, myself, often dream of happening in the real world. How amazing would it be if all our global conflicts were resolved by fighting games or MMO PvP wars or Olympic Colosseum matches? Just imagine how all the Call of Duty and Halo addicts start signing up to join the army.
I had to admit, this may be dorky to the war fans, but I am approve of this kind of future that does not involve deaths.

I will be waiting for more fanart too. Not alot of guys. D;

Spoiler!

04-03-2011   #14 (permalink)
Lord of the Ceilings!
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineGrand ChaseLegend of Edda
Awards Staff AwardEvent WinnerMoM AwardDetail Detective

BoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: RandomPerson
Class: Saint lt_guardian
Level: 195
Guild: FrenchBread

so watched the first episode and the whole being summoned from another world to be a hero reminds me more of marchen awakens romance than zero no tsukaima xD

i thought the war as a sports thing was kinda random but i think ill prolly stick with this anime x]

04-03-2011   #15 (permalink)
#1 Leon fan
Games
VindictusMabinogiLuniaElsword
Awards Pervert Award

PKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond repute
Guild: Titans/ggFTW

First ep done.

Active hyper heroic shota boy is--oh wait he's in middle school.

Oh well, still cute, as well as everything else. Heroic moments like the ending gets me way excited because of epic show off-ness ^_^. It's animes like this that make me want to be a part of the whole epic battle involving a heroic situation, which is awesome. The whole anime feels like it's based off some MMO and a few animes, but whatever, still great. can't wait for the next episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saibak

Spoiler!
I lol'd

Last edited by PKShota; 04-03-2011 at 06:44 PM.

04-04-2011   #16 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games
Grand ChaseTrickster OnlineElswordFlyFF

lee12 is an unknown quantity at this point

i am going to watch the 1st ep watching it after i do i post what i think about it

---

i finished the 1st ep

and the people talking like its a game show is funny

i will see other ep to see if i keep watching it

Last edited by Harlequin; 04-05-2011 at 11:38 AM.

04-09-2011   #17 (permalink)
#1 Leon fan
Games
VindictusMabinogiLuniaElsword
Awards Pervert Award

PKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond repute
Guild: Titans/ggFTW

Ep2 out.

Shinku is ****ing cute being heroic.

I swear, this feels like a real RPG game that was made into anime. So awesome.

And this fail/win subtitle makes it true:

Spoiler!

If Dog Days keeps going like this, I'm auto'ing this 11/10

Last edited by PKShota; 04-09-2011 at 08:37 PM.

04-09-2011   #18 (permalink)
Feeling nostalgic, huh?
Games

*Looks at spoiler* That Chocobo thing is cute. Chocobos and it's cousins will always remain cute. ;w;

EDIT: Okay finally watched it... THAT WAS FUN! :3

And yay bewbs and unexpected stripping. =w=;; But now...

Spoiler!

Yea. Oh and something I found over at Pixiv/Danbooru.

Spoiler!

Last edited by Gaap; 04-10-2011 at 12:19 PM.

04-10-2011   #19 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

oh Shinku, you must be in a super good mood now, huh? Wonder what they're gonna do next.

04-11-2011   #20 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

LMAO, oh god, this anime, this is great. You have to be really constipated to hate something like this.

Leonmichelle is just ****buckets tons of awesome. THAT OVERWHELMING POWER. THAT VERSATILE USE OF HER WEAPONRY. THAT DESIGN. THAT UNDERARMOR. THAT VOICE. THAT PERSONALITY. THAT FANSERVICEEEEEEEE. AND THEN THAT CLEVER AND INGENIOUS PLOT.

Eclair's pretty damn awesome too, voiced by Azusa and all, rofl. KICKED SHINKU AND LAUNCHED HIM.

If only I wasn't so infatuated with HanaIro and A-Channel at this season, this anime would have been my top.