Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
01-03-2011   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Awards Event WinnerSotW Beginner

Eden is a jewel in the roughEden is a jewel in the roughEden is a jewel in the roughEden is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Tabi, Renmei
Default IS: Infinite Stratos

Type: TV
Episodes: Unknown
Aired: Jan 6, 2011 to ?
Producers: 8bit
Genres: Action, Mecha, Sci-Fi, Shounen

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyAnimeList
Japan engineered an armed powered exoskeleton "Infinite Stratos" (IS) and it became the mainstream of weapons. Since only women can operate IS, women dominate the society over men. Orimura Ichika is a 15 year old boy and accidentally touches an IS placed in the IS pilot training school. He is found to be the only man who can operate IS and forced to enter the training school. Ichika's busy school life surrounded by girls has begun.

It looks like its a romantic comedy with mecha and actions. Animations looks pretty slick too.

Sounds good to me.

Last edited by Eden; 01-03-2011 at 10:27 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
01-04-2011   #2 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games
Aika OnlineAlliance of Valiant ArmsAsda StoryArchlord
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Nihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Nihil679
IGN: Nihiru

I'll be checking this out. Always preferred mecha musume/THESE THINGS over straight up mecha. The designs look pretty damn awesome too.

01-04-2011   #3 (permalink)
Retired
Special
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterTrickster OnlineLa TaleGunbound
Awards Retired Forum Moderator

zgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to zgmfx19a
IGN: Nek0 / Nek0Yasha(RIP)
Class: Zooks

Looks good. I'll inevitably compare it with Star Driver though, since the genres are similar.

01-04-2011   #4 (permalink)
a.k.a. Nyekun

Paul is just really nicePaul is just really nicePaul is just really nicePaul is just really nicePaul is just really nice

Strange, I thought i made this thread a few weeks ago.... hmm, musta been on a different forum.

Anyways, I'm somewhat feeling the opposite to those above, the last Anime I watched that used that kind of / similar mecha design I didn't really enjoy. The CGI wasn't too good either, (for the other Anime). I'm hoping at the very least the CGI goes well in this one, if not, i'll probably end up dropping it because I do have quite a bit of trouble watching 2D Anime with a lot of CGI, especially if the main focus is CGI'd, such as Dragonaut.

If your curious, the other Anime I was talking about was Sky Girls. Fairly same mecha design and it's CGI'd.

Spoiler!

My Anime List / Playstation Network - Niikun

01-04-2011   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Cosmic BreakFantasy Earth ZeroGunboundMapleStory

Crimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: Meltyred
Class: Wandering

Is it me or does this really look like cosmicbreak.

01-04-2011   #6 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

Nihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond repute

If by CosmicBreak you mean CosmicBreak English that is currently overflooded with large Artillery units that are practically giant, solid cannons, no, nothing like it.

But if you mean CosmicBreak Japan that's more than likely filled with Ivis and Ouka and Seraph Crimrose, sure!

01-04-2011   #7 (permalink)
Retired
Special
Games

zgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul
Strange, I thought i made this thread a few weeks ago.... hmm, musta been on a different forum.

Anyways, I'm somewhat feeling the opposite to those above, the last Anime I watched that used that kind of / similar mecha design I didn't really enjoy. The CGI wasn't too good either, (for the other Anime). I'm hoping at the very least the CGI goes well in this one, if not, i'll probably end up dropping it because I do have quite a bit of trouble watching 2D Anime with a lot of CGI, especially if the main focus is CGI'd, such as Dragonaut.

If your curious, the other Anime I was talking about was Sky Girls. Fairly same mecha design and it's CGI'd.

Spoiler!
For me, it reminds me of a mecha anime that I've watched briefly, which also has the plot of "the only guy who can pilot female-piloted mechas".

Can't really remember what's the name or whatever. Used to watch it on bus while on my way to school.

EDIT: Think it is Dual! Parallel Trouble Adventure.

01-06-2011   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Awards Event WinnerSotW Beginner

Eden is a jewel in the roughEden is a jewel in the roughEden is a jewel in the roughEden is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Tabi, Renmei

Episode 1 out and subbed

The action scene is awesome as expected, but I can't see the school life side be anymore than your typical harem.

I'll watch it anyways.

01-06-2011   #9 (permalink)
a.k.a. Nyekun

Paul is just really nicePaul is just really nicePaul is just really nicePaul is just really nicePaul is just really nice

CGI was a lot better than I expected. Will keep watching. Beginning fight scene kept reminded me of a danmaku.

01-06-2011   #10 (permalink)
hibernating
Special
Games
All Point Bulletin (APB)GunboundTwelve Sky 2Grand Fantasia

Henreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Henreh
Class: Bro lt_warlord
Level: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by none
episode 1 out and subbed

the action scene is awesome as expected, but i can't see the school life side be anymore than your typical harem.

I'll watch it anyways.
qft .

01-06-2011   #11 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

The fight scene looks like CosmicBreak if CosmicBreak was turned into an anime, minus warring unions and no real mech units.

Houki is so lol. BORN THAT WAY.

Also, during the breakfast part, DOES ANYONE THINK THE GIRL IN THE YELLOW PAJAMAS SOUNDS REALLY FAMILIAR?
IT'S BOTHERING ME BECAUSE SHE'S NOT LISTED IN CAST LIST. ;_;

01-06-2011   #12 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
MabinogiDC Universe OnlineVindictusLineage II
Awards Admin AwardMost Valuable StaffStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Joey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervert
IGN: Nasu Kha
Class: Carpenter lt_knight
Level: 60
Guild: Rapscallions
Xfire: glarbage

I expect a very predictable anime, but I'll probably watch it through to the end anyway. It's not often that you get a harem anime that is THIS MUCH HAREM. Literally only 1 guy. ONLY 1. All the girls want to jump his bones, so things can only get funnier, I think.

01-06-2011   #13 (permalink)
a.k.a. Nyekun

Whats weird is I was watching Starry Sky and Seitokaki Yakuindomo before this...

01-06-2011   #14 (permalink)
Retired
Special
Games

Quite an impressive first episode, in terms of the mech fights. I don't really dig how they are showing too much of the human body in the mech mode though. The face is like exposed, won't that be a weak point? And how the heck do they go into space? I do like the funnels though. IKE! FUNNERUS!

I am not too sure about the harem part (can it even be considered as one?), since it is quite obvious who he is gonna end up with, especially from the ED.

Houki is love though. Made me hnng hard.

Last edited by zgmfx19a; 01-06-2011 at 09:16 PM.

01-06-2011   #15 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

It began as a space suit. In the scene cut-ins, it shows the giant astronaut-looking suits.
Of course, like real life, technology improves and all that jazz and it became something like the Olympics.
So it wouldn't matter if the face is exposed, because unless you want to get charged for murder, you aren't going to kill anyone anyways. Don't even know the nature of the sport yet anyways, sounds like kendo with all the mentionings Houki and MC's kendo club.

01-06-2011   #16 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

drkmerc has a spectacular aura aboutdrkmerc has a spectacular aura about
IGN: dmodwc, drkmerc
Class: アーチャ lt_gunslinger
Level: 中尉
Guild: 破忌追撃部隊

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgmfx19a
I don't really dig how they are showing too much of the human body in the mech mode though. The face is like exposed, won't that be a weak point? And how the heck do they go into space? I do like the funnels though. IKE! FUNNERUS!
Who would want a sealed off pilot block if the pilots are bishoujo's wearing tight rubber suits?

01-07-2011   #17 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
LuniaSilkroad OnlineDynasty Warriors OnlineTales of Fantasy

Saibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihil679
So it wouldn't matter if the face is exposed, because unless you want to get charged for murder, you aren't going to kill anyone anyways.
They´re not event wearing a helmet during a real battle like in the first minutes. And even if these suits are mostly used for sports, one accidental misplaced blow and your head is gone.

01-07-2011   #18 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Cosmic BreakFantasy Earth ZeroGunboundMapleStory

Crimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: Meltyred
Class: Wandering

Because plot armor prevents them from getting decapitated or the fact that this is anime, normal logic does not apply.

01-07-2011   #19 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

Because I'm sure how they were getting shot by that android(?) thing in the intro, they should have instantly died from the photons piercing through their armor or something.
Ever considered maybe the weapons were made sports-safe?
|:

01-07-2011   #20 (permalink)
Retired
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihil679
Because I'm sure how they were getting shot by that android(?) thing in the intro, they should have instantly died from the photons piercing through their armor or something.
Ever considered maybe the weapons were made sports-safe?
|:
The IS are military grade.

That thing is an military IS from America. It's not a sports event.