Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
10-10-2010   #1 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
MabinogiDC Universe OnlineVindictusLineage II
Awards Most Valuable StaffAdmin AwardStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Harlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Harlequin Send a message via MSN to Harlequin Send a message via Skype™ to Harlequin
IGN: Cecilia Juelle
Class: Monk/Goldsmith lt_treasurehunter
Level: 50
Guild: Rapscallions
Xfire: glarbage
Default Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru [それでも町は廻っている]

Type: TV
Episodes: Unknown
Aired: Oct 8, 2010 to ?
Producers: TBS, SHAFT
Genres: Comedy, Romance, Slice of Life
Duration: 24 min. per episode
Rating: PG-13 - Teens 13 or older

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Anime List
Clumsy Arashiyama is a girl with a love for mysteries and a knack for getting into trouble. She works for an old lady's lackluster maid café in a small shopping district. The cafe is largely unsuccessful in attracting customers aside from Sanada, a regular and one of Arashiyama's classmates (who has a secret crush on her). One day Arashiyama's clever friend Tatsuno is invited to the café, and, upon seeing the miserable state of things (and Sanada, whom she has a secret crush on), decides to work there. Don't miss the crazy antics of Arashiyama and friends, mismatched love stories, and all the hilarity that is created as a result, in Sore Machi.

First looking at this anime, I gotta admit I wasn't that drawn to it. But then I saw it was a SHAFT anime, and I was like, I need to try this show out. And I'm really glad I did. The art style is odd (occasionally attractive, but in most cases just going for the luls), and it can probably be a turn-off for many potential viewers. But I can say without a doubt that this show has moved up near the top of my list for the fall season.

Thoughts?

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
10-10-2010   #2 (permalink)
ビリビリ
Games
Sword 2Trickster OnlineDungeon Fighter OnlineEmil Chronicle Online
Awards Pervert Award

Fineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud of

I was also pleasantly surprised by this one. I assumed it would focus on maid fan service, but it was much more lighthearted than that.

That Maka voice fits pretty well.

10-10-2010   #3 (permalink)
Retired
Special
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterTrickster OnlineLa TaleGunbound
Awards Retired Forum Moderator

zgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to zgmfx19a
IGN: Nek0 / Nek0Yasha(RIP)
Class: Zooks

Was not originally interested, but the fantastic op made me torrent it to try.

10-10-2010   #4 (permalink)
Darklord Zerato

Frosty is on a distinguished road

Watched it cos its from SHAFT didn't expect much but overall its a nice normal comedy that doesn't rely on fan serivce which is good. Also SHAFT makes awsome OP/ED.

I didn't realise Omigawa Chiaki was voicing Hotori. Looking forward to her voice every week <3.

Dorm Leader from Maria†Holic turned into a racoon?

10-10-2010   #5 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games
Aika OnlineAlliance of Valiant ArmsAsda StoryArchlord
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Nihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Nihil679
IGN: Nihiru

Somewhat interesting show. Hopefully it isn't always like this, because the meganegirl was getting on my nerves most of the time. OTL

Edit: Anyone notice MYSTERIOUS RAY OF LIGHT when Arashiyama slid across the floor? Quality.

10-10-2010   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Awards Event WinnerSotW Beginner

Eden is a jewel in the roughEden is a jewel in the roughEden is a jewel in the roughEden is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Tabi, Renmei

lololol at the sunlight censor.

And awesome OP and ED is awesome.

10-12-2010   #7 (permalink)
Retired
Special
Games

zgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond repute

Oh shi, just realised that Chiaki Omigawa is voicing the main character.

/braces for ears orgasm

Watching at the speed of light.

EDIT: As expected, 24 minutes of pure auditory orgasm.

And it is actually pretty good aside form the unique art. I enjoyed myself throughly.

Last edited by zgmfx19a; 10-15-2010 at 07:37 PM.

10-16-2010   #8 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Awards Most Valuable StaffAdmin AwardStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Harlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Harlequin Send a message via MSN to Harlequin Send a message via Skype™ to Harlequin

Ep 2 is out and subbed.

I really enjoyed all the scheming, and the reaction to the sign next door. Also, the entire section about the milk gave me the luls.

10-17-2010   #9 (permalink)
Darklord Zerato

I think I'm addicted to Omigawa Chiaki's voice.

It was fun seeing her getting pissed off.

10-17-2010   #10 (permalink)
Retired
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty
I think I'm addicted to Omigawa Chiaki's voice.

It was fun seeing her getting pissed off.
I was addicted ever since I watched Seitokai Yakuindomo.

God tier seiyuu. She's my top fav female seiyuu atm.

Last edited by zgmfx19a; 10-17-2010 at 06:11 AM.

10-23-2010   #11 (permalink)
Darklord Zerato

Hitori x SZS.

Hitori got rejected by her teacher love her crying face. That painting with four eyes freaks me out.

LOL @ how she try to strangle the owner to get the cat out. That girl from the ED is here.

10-23-2010   #12 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

Squid pro quo.

I lol'd this ep, we got introduced to the new girl, got to watch a mystery be solved, etc. Good show. :v

10-30-2010   #13 (permalink)
Darklord Zerato

Isn't this show about Sanada and Hitori? haven't seen him since ep 2.

lol Moriaki's monologue.

Moral < Love

10-31-2010   #14 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

ohoho

Episode was kind of dull this time around, hope it picks back up next week. Still loving the ED for this show though.

11-06-2010   #15 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

Ep 5 is out and subbed

Takeru (Arashiyama's brother) goes on a date ohoho, and its obvious that she could do way better. :v Luls ensue. Good episode, for sure.

11-12-2010   #16 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

Ep 6 is out and subbed.

Birthday celebrations, and sick Kon. I luls, but still nothing about this show beats the ED, IMO.

11-12-2010   #17 (permalink)
Retired
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glarbage
Ep 6 is out and subbed.

Birthday celebrations, and sick Kon. I luls, but still nothing about this show beats the ED, IMO.
I prefered Yosuga's omake ED. Lol.

And also, lagging and just finished 5, but I liked that brother-classmate romance.

11-20-2010   #18 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

Ep 7 is out and subbed.

The entire skipping school part cracked me up beyond belief.

11-20-2010   #19 (permalink)
Retired
Special
Games

I enjoyed this episode tremendously.

Slingshots are awesome.

EDIT: ED's out, and is awesome. Chiaki Omigawa is win. Need to see her sing this live.

Last edited by zgmfx19a; 11-25-2010 at 12:41 AM.

11-30-2010   #20 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

Ep 8 is out and subbed.

This is probably one of my favorite episodes of the series. This episode made the lyrics of the ED make sense, which is nice. We got to see them PERFORM AT THE FESTIVAL, ohoho. It was really fun, IMO.