Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
10-10-2010   #1 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
MabinogiDC Universe OnlineVindictusLineage II
Awards Admin AwardMost Valuable StaffStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Harlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Harlequin Send a message via MSN to Harlequin Send a message via Skype™ to Harlequin
IGN: Cecilia Juelle
Class: Monk/Goldsmith lt_treasurehunter
Level: 50
Guild: Rapscallions
Xfire: glarbage
Default Otome Youkai Zakuro [おとめ妖怪 ざくろ]

Type: TV
Episodes: Unknown
Aired: Sep 25, 2010 to ?
Producers: Aniplex, J.C. Staff
Genres: Comedy, Demons, Historical, Supernatural, Seinen
Duration: 24 min. per episode
Rating: PG-13 - Teens 13 or older

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Anime List
It's the Meiji Era in a slightly alternate Japan, and the Gregorian calendar has just come into effect. The fox-eared girls living in the youkai part of town are about to be put to work together with a delegation of young human soldiers, to promote interracial understanding. So what will happen when Zakuro's strong personality collides with human sensibilities?

Just finished watching the first episode of this. It's pretty good, nothing amazing but definitely worth a look IMO. It's kinda like Maid-sama! meets Yokai. We'll see how it carries out, but I'll definitely be following this one.

Thoughts?

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
10-10-2010   #2 (permalink)
Retired
Special
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterTrickster OnlineLa TaleGunbound
Awards Retired Forum Moderator

zgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to zgmfx19a
IGN: Nek0 / Nek0Yasha(RIP)
Class: Zooks

I usually prefer shoujo in manga form, but the first episode of this is pretty watchable.

10-10-2010   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Awards Event WinnerSotW Beginner

Eden is a jewel in the roughEden is a jewel in the roughEden is a jewel in the roughEden is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Tabi, Renmei

A decent anime. In for the "scared-of-demon" guy reaction lol.

10-11-2010   #4 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Awards Admin AwardMost Valuable StaffStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Harlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Harlequin Send a message via MSN to Harlequin Send a message via Skype™ to Harlequin

Ep 2 is out and subbed.

"It might be scarier with me. After all, I like to eat... CANDLES."

10-12-2010   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
ElswordLunia

Leca has a spectacular aura aboutLeca has a spectacular aura about
IGN: Leca
Class: Runeslayer to_raccoon
Level: 48
Guild: AppleTree/Fusion

a villian appears!! maybe

i really like series like this
light hearted romance

10-18-2010   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
ElswordLunia

she has her hair down for most of episode 3
reminds me of horo. but less teasy and cuter :3

10-18-2010   #7 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

Ep 3 was nice. The spark is getting rekindled, and meanwhile they destroy a disgusting spirit full of rotten flesh. Pretty eventful. :v

10-18-2010   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Eden is a jewel in the roughEden is a jewel in the roughEden is a jewel in the roughEden is a jewel in the rough

To be honest, this is looking good, especially ep3.

Looking forward to uncover their past.

10-25-2010   #9 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

Ep 4 is out and subbed. We get to learn about Satsukihitane, which was nice. Her power is pretty XTREEEEEEEEM. Well, not really, but it's certainly useful.

10-25-2010   #10 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
ElswordLunia

i cried in episode 4

10-25-2010   #11 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Awesome episode.
The scene when she had the sword and when she was crying really got me going.

11-01-2010   #12 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Awards Facebook Fan

Mello will become famous soon enoughMello will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Mello

Episode 5 is up
will watch it after i finish sora

EDIT: I thought bonbori was gonna die. Ganryuu was useless as ever he should have stayed back
the scene with zakuro and her partner hugging was heartwarming

Last edited by Mello; 11-01-2010 at 04:49 PM.

11-01-2010   #13 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

Was a nice ep, we learn more about Hozuki and Bonbori, and get to watch Ganryuu RAGE. Next ep looks to be more psychological, less fighting. Works for me either way :v

11-04-2010   #14 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Nice, we actually got a good chunk of action this time and a good one at that.

I thought this show was just going to be decent but, I'm really liking it.

11-08-2010   #15 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

Ep 6 is out and subbed.

It was certainly a nice transition episode, got to get some history behind Bonbori and Hozuki, not to mention Zakuro. Also, got to see her be mad cute and stuff, which is totally appreciated. ;D

11-10-2010   #16 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Susukihotaru, Hozuki and Bonbori flashback really creeps me out for some reason.

Must be because I was watching this at midnight.

11-15-2010   #17 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

Ep 7 is out and subbed.

Got to meet Agemaki's family, every one of which is super nice, except for his dad. His dad is totally a douche, ohoho.

11-17-2010   #18 (permalink)
Retired
Special
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterTrickster OnlineLa TaleGunbound
Awards Retired Forum Moderator

zgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to zgmfx19a
IGN: Nek0 / Nek0Yasha(RIP)
Class: Zooks

The Itsue part is so heart warming I felt like a little girl when I was watching it.

11-18-2010   #19 (permalink)
Booger face
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterDragon NestVindictusLeague of Legends

Seim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgmfx19a
The Itsue part is so heart warming I felt like a little girl when I was watching it.
GOOD! now hopefully u will understand a loli's feelings when u -insert something that relates to surprise and intercourse here-!

mysterious mother + mysterious sister FTW
my noobie art :>
http://carrotlegs.deviantart.com/

11-22-2010   #20 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

Ep 8 is out and subbed

Basically it was about how Zakuro and Riken are badass, which I enjoyed. Also, Agemaki is apparently stupid, even though he's also super nice. It was a nice episode, the preview for next one looks promising too.