Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
09-04-2010   #1 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
MabinogiDC Universe OnlineVindictusLineage II
Awards Admin AwardMost Valuable StaffStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Joey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervert
IGN: Nasu Kha
Class: Carpenter lt_knight
Level: 60
Guild: Rapscallions
Xfire: glarbage
Default Hyakka Ryouran: Samurai Girls

Quote:
he story takes place in Japan in the early 21st century, in an alternate reality where the Tokugawa Shogunate has remained in power. In this reality, student councils are tasked with oppressing schools. Yagyuu Muneakira is a high school student who rebels against his student council with the help of girls who've had the names of famous samurai heroes passed on to them.

Wouldn't have started this thread for a while yet, but Ep 1 is already out and subbed (pre-air, became available September 4, 2010). I've watched it, and I've gotta say, this anime is REALLY GOOD, like... TOP of my list good. I can't wait for the official season of this show to start.

EDIT: PREMIERE DATE IS OCTOBER 3, 2010.

Last edited by Joey; 09-04-2010 at 07:21 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
09-04-2010   #2 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games
Aika OnlineAlliance of Valiant ArmsAsda StoryArchlord
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Nihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Nihil679
IGN: Nihiru

ohmygod, I think this might be top pick for Fall season. The art style is so unique, the animation is really appealing to me, and DEM CENSORS, LOL.

But yeah, loved the pre-air. Just to make it even better, the opening is by Faylan. Woo.

09-05-2010   #3 (permalink)
Retired
Special
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterTrickster OnlineLa TaleGunbound
Awards Retired Forum Moderator

zgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to zgmfx19a
IGN: Nek0 / Nek0Yasha(RIP)
Class: Zooks

Heard it is an oppai fest, and after HotD, not sure if want.

I'll just give the pre-season episode 1 a shot.

09-05-2010   #4 (permalink)
Darklord Zerato

Frosty is on a distinguished road

Its got nice art, I thought it was going to be bad like QB but it doesn't seem that bad.

This is like Ikkitousen x Queen's Blade in a Samurai setting.

Lets hope this have an alright story and the fan service is not overdone (like in QB s1).

09-05-2010   #5 (permalink)
Just like that!
Special
Games
Bloodline ChampionsS4 League
Awards Event WinnerSotW JuniorPervert Award

Mums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Mums Send a message via Skype™ to Mums
IGN: Vik
Class: Mama to_fox
Level: ∞
Guild: Prisma

This anime looks promising, not only for the nudity, but for the art too

I'll give it a shot.

EDIT: Is the premier really October 3rd? Cause I think I'm about to watch the first episode.

Last edited by Mums; 09-05-2010 at 11:10 AM.

09-05-2010   #6 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Awards Admin AwardMost Valuable StaffStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Joey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervert

Yeah, the actual premiere is on Oct. 3, but they pre-aired ep 1. Thank goodness for teasers. :v

09-05-2010   #7 (permalink)
Just like that!
Special
Games
Bloodline ChampionsS4 League
Awards Event WinnerSotW JuniorPervert Award

Mums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Mums Send a message via Skype™ to Mums
IGN: Vik
Class: Mama to_fox
Level: ∞
Guild: Prisma

Uncensored version please >:

09-05-2010   #8 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

iderno It's could tip either way for me. Nice art style, but the splatters can be used annoyingly when it's not needed. Censors are worse than other methods of trying to conveniently censor. Just waiting and seeing if it turns out to be a generic harem/action.

09-05-2010   #9 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Awards Facebook Fan

Mello will become famous soon enoughMello will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Mello

Hating the art style.
Looked like a cheap puppet show
but instead of puppets it was fairly drawn anime characters ;_;
/stopped watching after 3 minutes of seeing the background art

09-05-2010   #10 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mello
Hating the art style.
Looked like a cheap puppet show
but instead of puppets it was fairly drawn anime characters ;_;
/stopped watching after 3 minutes of seeing the background art
I'm going to have to disagree with this. Of anything that could be disliked about this show, the art style shouldn't be it. It's original, good quality, and in my opinion doesn't leave the viewer wanting. It's got a good use of color and line, and (except for the senseless splatter effects) really doesn't do anything to bug me personally.

09-05-2010   #11 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Awards Facebook Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glarbage
I'm going to have to disagree with this. Of anything that could be disliked about this show, the art style shouldn't be it. It's original, good quality, and in my opinion doesn't leave the viewer wanting. It's got a good use of color and line, and (except for the senseless splatter effects) really doesn't do anything to bug me personally.
I was simply talking about the art style,
and it was the reason for me not continuing on watching the show
as for the show itself it's look's pretty good.
I'd be seeing more of it if the background art styles was a bit different

09-05-2010   #12 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mello
I was simply talking about the art style,
and it was the reason for me not continuing on watching the show
as for the show itself it's look's pretty good.
I'd be seeing more of it if the background art styles was a bit different
There is actually a purpose behind the stylized background and animation style. It's intended to mimic ancient Japanese scrolls/prints. The reason behind this mimicry is the premise of the show, alternate-reality Japan, where the Shogunate is still in control. It's the modern era, but things are still handled in an ancient fashion.

On another note, I don't mind if you don't like the art. But you don't need to degrade it by calling it a "cheap puppet show."

09-05-2010   #13 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Awards Facebook Fan

Enduring the background display will be a pain for me but I hope it'll be worth it

09-05-2010   #14 (permalink)
Retired
Special
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterTrickster OnlineLa TaleGunbound
Awards Retired Forum Moderator

zgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to zgmfx19a
IGN: Nek0 / Nek0Yasha(RIP)
Class: Zooks

I kind of dig the art and the effects. Gotta agree that the splatter is really irritating, but other than that, it's quite a brilliant first episode actually.

I love the ancient Japanese art style they are using. Reminds me of what Nurarihyon is doing in bits and pieces. Action scenes has creative use of brush strokes. I approve.

Oppai fest is within tolerable limits.

So yeah. It will be on my watch list next season unless the plot is screwed up.

Last edited by zgmfx19a; 09-06-2010 at 12:21 AM.

09-06-2010   #15 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

Nihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glarbage
There is actually a purpose behind the stylized background and animation style. It's intended to mimic ancient Japanese scrolls/prints. The reason behind this mimicry is the premise of the show, alternate-reality Japan, where the Shogunate is still in control. It's the modern era, but things are still handled in an ancient fashion.

On another note, I don't mind if you don't like the art. But you don't need to degrade it by calling it a "cheap puppet show."
Really now? That explains the anachronism. Didn't read the plot summary. OTL

09-06-2010   #16 (permalink)
案山子
Games
Trickster OnlineGrand ChaseLa TaleMapleStory

Virus has a brilliant futureVirus has a brilliant futureVirus has a brilliant futureVirus has a brilliant futureVirus has a brilliant futureVirus has a brilliant futureVirus has a brilliant futureVirus has a brilliant futureVirus has a brilliant futureVirus has a brilliant futureVirus has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Virus
IGN: Takkuri
Class: Cyber Hunter to_lion
Level: 27x
Guild: Style

I'm gonna need the uncensored version. Those censors are going to anger me... It's not even convenient/clever/funny censoring, it just might as well be those thick black bars or something.

09-06-2010   #17 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virus
I'm gonna need the uncensored version. Those censors are going to anger me... It's not even convenient/clever/funny censoring, it just might as well be those thick black bars or something.
how can you hate such novelty censors. Not only does it work out and look absolutely hilarious (lol, black crap on boobs), IT'S PART OF THE SHOW'S ARTWORK, LOL.

09-06-2010   #18 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Awards Facebook Fan

Mistook it for Hayate when Yugimura was screaming

09-06-2010   #19 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

J0SH2 is just really niceJ0SH2 is just really niceJ0SH2 is just really niceJ0SH2 is just really niceJ0SH2 is just really nice

lol i like it, i just hope it isnt all ecchi..
Art style is nice too

10-10-2010   #20 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

Ep 2 is out and subbed. Was pretty interesting, combat was totally pro. And apparently Hanzo has a power-level reader rofl. Master Samurai concept is pretty interesting, too.

Waiting for the Ryuumaru release of this on Wednesday, they're the only ones using the HQ raws.