LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
08-05-2010   #21 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

For the love of god, please watch at least 3 episodes before deciding whether to drop it or not.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
08-06-2010   #22 (permalink)
Retired
Special
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterTrickster OnlineLa TaleGunbound
Awards Retired Forum Moderator

zgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to zgmfx19a
IGN: Nek0 / Nek0Yasha(RIP)
Class: Zooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihil679
Action/comedy's cool and all, but I'm getting my seasonal dose with HOTD already.
Ionno, I hardly detect any humor with HoTD. =/

Also, it's has a way better balance and pacing of action/humor than a certain anime which I like to troll and you enjoy (no intention to stir up shit here). I feel you are really missing out if you are just waiting for the batch, since you actually managed to sit through 13 episodes of that and enjoyed it.

Give epi 1-3 a shot before you decide again please.

Last edited by zgmfx19a; 08-06-2010 at 11:19 PM.

08-07-2010   #23 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games
Aika OnlineAlliance of Valiant ArmsAsda StoryArchlord
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Nihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Nihil679
IGN: Nihiru

I... never said HOTD was for comedy. I'm getting my adrenaline action dose from it. Comedy's coming from SYD, Campanella, and Mitsudomoe.

I already have way too much anime that I like to watch immediately. I'm not going to go out on my way to shove it onto my list immediately. Rather, I was about to skip the anime entirely until my friend told me the ED was sung by an artist I recently enjoyed listening to. There's A LOT of anime that I WOULD LIKE TO WATCH IMMEDIATELY, but I cannot shove the time even though it looks like I have all the time in the damn world.
I'm also sitting on at least seven other anime batches that I STILL HAVEN'T WATCHED. I'm even backlogged on seasonal anime that I DID NOT CATCH UP.
You know what else I'm missing by waiting for batches or stuck because I'm busy? I'll compile a list for you, I have it all stored up in my ****ing downloads folder.
-The entire Nodame season.
-Aria the Origination and the Natural and all OVA
-Bakemonogatari
-Pandora Hearts
-Darker than Black both seasons
-Macross Frontier
-Kobato.
-Sora no Otoshimono
-Ikki Tousen season 3 and up.
-Clannad
-Kanon
-NHK
Don't have Senkou Night Raid yet because I didn't bother looking for a batch until now.

Don't even compare, especially considering I loved the anime down to its last bit. Don't ****ing tell me you aren't trying to stir up a shitstorm when I'm pretty ****ing sure you know that. I didn't watch it for the action/humor, I actually enjoyed everything about it, so don't go around ****ing telling me X anime had a better X than it.

I'm not ****ing calling Legend^2 a piece of shit, I'm still going to watch it. I don't see the need to rush to watch it now considering I'm going to eventually just say "**** it, I'll watch the latest episode at a later time" and it gets pushed into batch status anyways. Don't ****ing give me this comparison shit again.

P.S.: "troll" and any phrase of apology don't go in the same sentence seriously. Don't give me more bullshit.

Last edited by Nihil679; 08-07-2010 at 09:26 AM.

08-07-2010   #24 (permalink)
Retired
Special
Games

zgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond repute

I am not here to troll AB, because if I were to, I'll put up a lengthy tl;dr comparison of how I feel LoLH is better than AB in every sector in my book. And I'll do it in the LoLH thread, then linked you there. It was a funny idea I had somewhere in my head, but I didn't.

I don't know, but judging from the lack of negative responses in the LoLH thread, and the fact that RoflKnife and me had posted negative stuff about AB but non on LoLH atm, I don't think I am too biased in my assessment about the show.

It was a genuine recommendation for you to catch LoLH while it is running, because I feel that it is a series worth doing that. Some anime are just more fun watched while it is running, because it of the way it hooks you at the end of every episode. It makes you appreciate the beauty of how the episodes are scripted. And I feel that LoLH is one of them. Comparisons between animes are inevitable, because hey, this is an anime thread.

Right now, you are the one kicking up a big fuss because I don't like an anime that you liked. You don't see me going for blood when WhatThePho said Gurren Lagann sucks. Or when Light say that K-On is bad. I didn't even say anything bad about AB in that post. If I did, then my line about not trying to stir up shitstorm is hypocritical, but I didn't.

Quote:
Action/comedy's cool and all, but I'm getting my seasonal dose with HOTD already.
You can't blame me from misunderstanding from this sentence.

PS: I had batches of anime that I haven't watched as well.

Last edited by zgmfx19a; 08-07-2010 at 07:47 PM.

08-07-2010   #25 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

Nihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond repute

>had
>past-tense

Oh, I'M SORRY IF WE AREN'T ALL THE SAME AND DON'T GET TICKED OFF AT DIFFERENT THINGS. Hey, hey, guess what?
Quote:
a certain anime which I like to troll
Quote:
managed to sit through 13 episodes of that and enjoyed it.
OHMYGOD, IT'S A BREAK-THROUGH IN SCIENCE. IT'S LIKE FINDING DARK MATTER, ONLY IT'S PIXELS OF DATA AND BIT ON MY SCREEN.
I'm surprised you sat through 13 episodes of Working!! and enjoyed it. OHSHIT, TOTALLY NOT SAYING IT'S BAD.
It's hypocritical as soon as you said "I like to troll."

You know, that's what my friend said about Bakemonogatari
and then they delayed Tsubasa Cat to hell, back to heaven, then went up to duel 9 before rocking. Oh, not to mention, I even have K-On!! on hold even though I'd REALLY LIKE TO HEAR PURE PURE HEART OR ED2. But you know what, I have a lot of other anime I'd RATHER BE WATCHING. There's also PLENTY OTHER ANIME that I've seen that WOULD HAVE BEEN FUN TO WATCH ALONG, but I made no time for them. I don't see why I should make Legend^2 an exception when I have so much else I'd rather watch.
And medieval setting, comedy, and action, whoopdee****in'doo. This entire season is practically comedy, so I don't need it. Unless there's a lot of anachronism, nothing about medieval setting I need to throw into the MUSTSEEGOTTASEE bin. Action? Already have boobs and blood in HOTD, why do I care for more action this season.

Ahahaha
HAHAHAHA
No comment.
HAHAAHAHAHAAHAH
Bias. Haha. HAHAHAHAHA.
Oh, I'll comment anyways.
I don't care about your sole opinion about an anime I haven't watched yet. It's the reason I'm not lashing out on your Neko whatever anime it was, or whatever other shit you watched that I haven't. Why? Because I haven't watched it enough to give an opinion. And quite frankly, all I ****ing hear you do is ***** about anime and express how shitty something is compared to whatever other ****ing anime you watch. YEAH, OKAY, WHATEVER. Maybe instead of being a ***got and telling people that a certain anime is bad and you're dropping it, WHY DON'T YOU JUST DROP IT AND SHUT THE **** UP INSTEAD OF GOING ON HOW IT IS TERRIBLE. MAYBE THAT'S WHY THERE'S NO NEGATIVE COMMENTS. BECAUSE YOU'RE BUSY TOUCHING YOURSELF OVER YOUR OWN ANIME, NO ONE ELSE IS A ****ING ***GOT ENOUGH TO ***** ABOUT IT.

OH SHIT.
HOLD ON, LET ME DIG THIS UP.
Quote:
a certain anime which I like to troll
OH WAIT, IT WAS ALREADY HERE, LOL.
Wait, let me add some whip cream.
Quote:
a certain anime which I like to troll and you enjoy (no intention to stir up shit here).
And now a little cherry on top.
Quote:
And I'll do it in the LoLH thread, then linked you there. It was a funny idea I had somewhere in my head
Shall I add chocolate shavings too? I'm currently out, but if you reply again, I might have some.

I tip my fedora and submit.

08-07-2010   #26 (permalink)
Retired
Special
Games

Me liking to troll AB is a fact. You liking to watch AB is a fact. I am just stating facts. If stating facts is trolling, then I say "GG sir".

Quote:
I'm surprised you sat through 13 episodes of Working!!
Personal tastes.

See? I don't get worked up over little personal opinions and write tl;dr essays on it. That's the difference.

08-07-2010   #27 (permalink)
situation walkspace
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

mamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Moli
Class: Kardashian to_primadonna
Guild: Hores
Xfire: logicks

Hi, let's try to agree to disagree. Everyone has different tastes, but that doesn't mean you have to flame each other for it.

08-07-2010   #28 (permalink)
Retired
Special
Games

I am not the one flaming, if you are reading the posts. He is.

08-07-2010   #29 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgmfx19a
Me liking to troll AB is a fact. You liking to watch AB is a fact. I am just stating facts. If stating facts is trolling, then I say "GG sir".

Personal tastes.

See? I don't get worked up over little personal opinions and write tl;dr essays on it. That's the difference.
The difference between stating and trolling is this.
"I find Working!! to be a bad anime because the ending was much too easily seen. On top of that, they introduced a NOT ACTUALLY NEW character at the VERY END. Takanashi's indirect approach to Inami's androphobia was also lackluster."
"Working sucks. Anime is shallow as shit in toilet. I'd rather watch Minami-ke or some shit. DROPPING."

Quote:
Originally Posted by orphan
Hi, let's try to agree to disagree. Everyone has different tastes, but that doesn't mean you have to flame each other for it.
The difference between agreeing to disagree and being a ***got to other people are on six-hundred different levels of a billion story building.

Quote:
I'm using flamethrower on a cockroach. This hurts you just as much as it hurts me.

08-07-2010   #30 (permalink)
Retired
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihil679
The difference between stating and trolling is this.
"I find Working!! to be a bad anime because the ending was much too easily seen. On top of that, they introduced a NOT ACTUALLY NEW character at the VERY END. Takanashi's indirect approach to Inami's androphobia was also lackluster."
"Working sucks. Anime is shallow as shit in toilet. I'd rather watch Minami-ke or some shit. DROPPING."
I had posts valid reasons as to why I find AB is bad, in the place it belongs. The AB thread. I see no reason to reiterate my points here again. I can just copy and paste the whole shit over, but what's the point when I know that you have read what I had said there?

Anyway, thread's getting off topic. I'll just stop on my part.

08-07-2010   #31 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

Quote:
I had posts valid reasons as to why I find AB is bad, in the place it belongs. The AB thread. I see no reason to reiterate my points here again. I can just copy and paste the whole shit over, but what's the point when I know that you have read what I had said there?

Anyway, thread's getting off topic. I'll just stop on my part.
Valid?
You *****ed about animation. Everything after that went in a tunnel called the What The **** Is That First Comment.
For characters, the time you complained was about episode 4 and all you said was that Yui was a bad character.
For stories, you didn't even give a valid reason then. You said they had music play because K-On!! did shit (lol, K-On and music in the first place). You *****ed about how nonsensical the plot was when I debuffed each and every single one ranging from how pointless Operation Tornado is to how stupidly random the plot seemed.
Valid? As valid as "My cat slept in my computer case and took a shit on the motherboard."

08-07-2010   #32 (permalink)
:l
Special
Awards Retired Division HeadPervert Award

SlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond repute

My animu is proud of who she is and won't let anyone tell her different =)

08-07-2010   #33 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
MabinogiDC Universe OnlineVindictusLineage II
Awards Admin AwardMost Valuable StaffStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Harlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Harlequin Send a message via MSN to Harlequin Send a message via Skype™ to Harlequin
IGN: Cecilia Juelle
Class: Monk/Goldsmith lt_treasurehunter
Level: 50
Guild: Rapscallions
Xfire: glarbage

Quote:
He didn't ask who was flaming, he said to cut it out. If you two want to continue this lovefest, take it to PM or MSN or something. That's not a request.