ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community


Go Back   ggFTW Forum > Off Topic > Anime & Cartoons

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

8.7

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
07-19-2008   #21 (permalink)
장근석 says 닥찬하라! ♥♥♥
kimmi's Avatar
Games
La TaleWakfuDungeon Fighter OnlineBlade & Soul
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: ..:: NewYorkCity ::.. ♥s Consumed: 7,773,333,333 Status: not grinding to lv200. Rep: 77
Posts: 756
iTrader: (1)
kimmi will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to kimmi Send a message via MSN to kimmi Send a message via Yahoo to kimmi Send a message via Skype™ to kimmi
IGN: kimmii / kimmiunni
Class: nsǝpoɹʇsǝɐɯ&ɹǝʞɔıʞʎsdɹı lt_guardian
Level: 17x /// 마침내~ ㅋ ㅠㅠ
Guild: Cookies~
Xfire: kimmiunni
Default

are you sure that's not a fandub? @___@;;;
seriously, everyone have konata's "lazy voice" going on.
and even konata's "lazy voice" sounds too old and isn't childlike enough~
__________________

oh shi- WHO IS THAT SEXY BEAST? DROOL. i'll be your dwaejitokki ♥ ~
 
Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
07-19-2008   #22 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular
Joon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: California
Posts: 79
iTrader: (0)
Joon is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Joon
IGN: S2준식S2
Class: Knight
Level: 11
Guild: None
Default

Actually theres a DVD somewhere I watched it somewhere but I forgot. Actually the dub sounds good enough to me and the Anime is really random O_o. It's awesomeness.
__________________
-Please Insert a Corny Anime Signature-
Hi it's me : D Add me on MSN/Face book or something
 
07-19-2008   #23 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Mitchi's Avatar
Games
MapleStoryLuniaKingdom of LoathingCity of Heroes
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorMoM AwardPervert Award
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Narnia, and the north! Wait....is Narnia supposed to be Canada?
Posts: 3,244
Blog Entries: 39
iTrader: (0)
Mitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Mitchi Send a message via MSN to Mitchi Send a message via Yahoo to Mitchi
IGN: SakiaLumei, Arphage
Class: Aran, Blaze Wiz lt_treasurehunter
Level: 9x,3x
Guild: Cupcake
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HennaIkimono
If its animation/show/movie from insert country A here and was originally voiced in country A's language, then I usually want to watch it in it's original format (with english subtitles, if not of english origin). As an anime fan, I'm usually more rigid in this case (anime on tv I tend to try to tolerate thru).
I agree on some cases, but In the case of certain anime, I prefer other languages than the native one. For example, Chuuka Ichiban (cooking master boy). I prefer to watch it in the chinese dub I found because it felt more natural to me.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Gawayno
personally, i don't like English dubs.
I'm going to give criticisms about this:

1. Voices are bad
2. They edit out Animes sooooo badly.

thats all i have to say

this is not a flame bait, this is just a personal experience.
Not to flame or anything, but how many dubs have you watched? Not all voices are bad. Last exile had some great examples of good voices. I usually like Geneon Pioneer's work because they tend to choose pretty good actors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanichi
;;; Konata is funnier Japanese :x...
Sorry, but I disagree. The jokes themselves may be funnier, but really, I prefer to watch random things like Ranma and Lucky Star in languages I can understand, because things are funnier when you get the joke and don't have to think about it for 3 minutes going "Whaaa???"

Also, When things have to be explained to you in order to be funny (example, certain cultural differences in anime that tend to pop up) it detracts fromt he humor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xKakashi
</3 Dubs... "believe it" -shudders-
I lost my courage to give dubs a chance ;-;
That was one bad example. So was nearly EVERYTHING else that is shonen jump that was touched by american hands.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethane
Going from the preview of the dub, it's actually pretty good. I came from the time when anime dubs were a complete joke (with a few great standouts like Project A-ko) and now the dub scene has really gotten good. Nowadays most folks who think their anime fan cred hinges on if they prefer dubs or not, e.g. I'M A PURIST I HAVE TO HEAR THE INFLECTIONS AND READ MY TEXT
Fianlly, someone else who can appreciate the dubs that are actually good.
__________________
Baa baa black sheep have you any booze? No sir, no sir, I'm a....sheep~
 
07-20-2008   #24 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
HennaIkimono's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: S.A. Texas
Posts: 390
iTrader: (0)
HennaIkimono will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchi
Sorry, but I disagree. The jokes themselves may be funnier, but really, I prefer to watch random things like Ranma and Lucky Star in languages I can understand, because things are funnier when you get the joke and don't have to think about it for 3 minutes going "Whaaa???"

Also, When things have to be explained to you in order to be funny (example, certain cultural differences in anime that tend to pop up) it detracts fromt he humor.
I've seen some dubs butcher some jokes to the point that its doesn't even close to the same general meaning as the original did. I guess I also like understanding and/or being explained the original reason/cultural aspect that makes the joke funny, even if its later after the fact.

*I think I'm prejudice toward English dubbing if I can control the language settings. For anime on TV, I'll watch and tolerate the dubbing as for the fact that I can't control what language their going to broadcast it in.
__________________
Funny and unique town names I've found while at work:
No Trees, Tx 79759**********Pope AFB, NC 28308
Bee Cave, Tx 78783
Justice, Il 60458
Flat Lick, Ky 40935
Paint Lick Ky 40461
Flower Mound, Tx 75022
Cumming, Ga 30040
King of Prussia, Ga 19406
 
07-25-2008   #25 (permalink)
Mai
ggFTW Stalker
Mai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: somewhere...
Posts: 364
iTrader: (1)
Mai will become famous soon enoughMai will become famous soon enough
IGN: Galaxies/Meditation
Default

Konata's voice somehow matches.. or maybe it's just me, lol >_>

It's not too bad, I guess. I prefer the japanese version better... The original is always better ;D
 
07-25-2008   #26 (permalink)
On the Radio
Special
Kebin's Avatar
Games
MapleStoryAudition 2PangyaTrickster Online
Awards Event WinnerSotW Junior
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Townsville
Posts: 2,868
Blog Entries: 2
iTrader: (33)
Kebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Kebin Send a message via Skype™ to Kebin
IGN: Kevin
Class: (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ lt_bard
Level: 19
Guild: (◕‿◕✿)
Default

^---

Totally agree~

Kagami makes me scream like a fanboy?
__________________
Regina Spektor
"This is how it works: you're young until you're not, you love until you don't, you try until you can't,
you laugh until you cry, you cry until you laugh, and everyone must breathe until their dying breath."

tumblr / instagram

 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Battlestar Galactica Online
Need a new browser game?

Try 

Battlestar Galactica Online

Rating:  

3.5
Hide this banner by registering for our community.