Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
08-07-2008   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Nanaya will become famous soon enough
IGN: Anruijin
Default Bounen no Xamdou

Quote:
Originally a secret project by Bones, Xam'd: Lost Memories (亡念のザムド, Bōnen no Zamudo?) is a mecha themed anime series that has recently had its first episode broadcasted in the US on July 16, 2008, on Sony's Playstation Network. The series has been announced by Sony as exclusive to the PlayStation Network for two seasons consisting of twenty-six episodes
Quote:
Sentan Island is a small island surrounded by the Yuden Sea. It exists in a state of dreamlike tranquility, cut off from the war between the Northern Government and the Southern Continent Free Zone. Akiyuki Takehara lives on Sentain Island along with his mother Fusa, He is currently separated from his father, the town doctor Ryuzo, but the bond between father and son remains. One day, after taking Ryuzo the lunch that Fusa has made for him as usual, Akiyuki is caught up in an explosion along with his friends, Haru and Furuichi. The explosion produces a mysterious light which enters Akiyuki's arm, causing him excruciating pain. He's given no time to understand it, however, as the white-haired girl who rode on the bus with him guides him to a power unlike anything he's ever known. He transforms into a creature called Xam'd, and his rampage is only stopped when a red-haired foreign girl appears and threatens to turn him to stone if he doesn't go with her.

Another series by BONES studio, the people who brought us series like RahXephon, Wolf's Rain, and Eureka Seven. I personally have high expectations of this series and so far, Bounen no Xamdou looks good. This series is mainly geared towards the western hemisphere, with both the OP and ED being songs sung in English.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
08-13-2008   #2 (permalink)
too much effort
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterAtlantica OnlineGlobal AgendaUrban Rivals

WhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to behold
IGN: WhatThePho
Class: Maniac
Guild: Mooglets v1.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanaya

Another series by BONES studio, the people who brought us series like RahXephon, Wolf's Rain, and Eureka Seven. I personally have high expectations of this series and so far, Bounen no Xamdou looks good. This series is mainly geared towards the western hemisphere, with both the OP and ED being songs sung in English.

I think the entire thing has already been translated over once by Sony before it got released. I can't find good quality raw/subs on this one
I still love the name, where the hell do they get crap like "Xamdou" or "Xam'd" <_<

08-13-2008   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

There are never any RAWs of this series at all, so I guess it's like GONZO where they have already translated it, but being broadcasted only on the Playstation Network makes it so much harder to get. (Episode five was released just recently, but I don't even see an episode four.)

I'd like to know where they get named like Xam'd and even stuff like Nausicaa.

08-13-2008   #4 (permalink)
~Endless Witch~

Beato will become famous soon enoughBeato will become famous soon enough
IGN: Beato
Class: Witch
Level: 40
Guild: Moogles

Considering how utterly boring Eureka Seven was, I want to watch this one ;;

SIESTA SISTERS~

08-14-2008   #5 (permalink)
:l
Special
Awards Retired Division HeadPervert Award

SlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond repute

I watched the first 4 eps at a convention and I wasn't disappointed. I really like the OP too ^_^

Best character in show = the rabbit thing.

08-14-2008   #6 (permalink)
mo mo (≧△≦)木
Special
Games
Eden EternalDragon Nest

khyle has a spectacular aura aboutkhyle has a spectacular aura aboutkhyle has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to khyle Send a message via Yahoo to khyle
IGN: 『Lord Sky』
Class: ひきこもり to_sheep
Level: Lvl 4 NEET Otaku
Guild: Debaters / ıɥɔɔ unlimited

looks good, looking forward to the show ;D

08-15-2008   #7 (permalink)
too much effort
Games

WhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanaya
There are never any RAWs of this series at all, so I guess it's like GONZO where they have already translated it, but being broadcasted only on the Playstation Network makes it so much harder to get. (Episode five was released just recently, but I don't even see an episode four.)

I'd like to know where they get named like Xam'd and even stuff like Nausicaa.
gg tracker has an episode four.

08-15-2008   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Yah, I already got my hands on it and watched to the most recent. Besides the names, who comes up with the structures of these mechas and the other weapons? I guess having long heads is a reoccurring theme.

08-15-2008   #9 (permalink)
~Endless Witch~

I only like Akushiba because he's so predictably annoying, yet honest.

SIESTA SISTERS~

08-16-2008   #10 (permalink)
too much effort
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neli
I only like Akushiba because he's so predictably annoying, yet honest.
If there is anything creator of Eureka 7 is good at, it's definitely gotta be making the most annoying characters ever.

08-16-2008   #11 (permalink)
~Endless Witch~

Especially annoying children, I give evil glares to my computer whenever I see him D:

SIESTA SISTERS~

08-18-2008   #12 (permalink)
Rilienthal
Games
MapleStorySD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterTrickster OnlineZero Online

Strikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Strikegundam
IGN: Natsume

i posted this anime info in this section like 4 weeks ago and no one posted...http://www.mymmogames.net/forum/anim...-memories.html
But now, people looking at this thread instead of mine

08-18-2008   #13 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

I checked the index and it wasn't there, so I just made the topic, aha.