ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Anime & Cartoons (http://ggftw.com/forum/anime-cartoons/)
-   -   Umineko no Naku Koro ni (http://ggftw.com/forum/anime-cartoons/51198-umineko-no-naku-koro-ni.html)

Paul 07-02-2009 08:26 PM

Umineko no Naku Koro ni

to lazy to find a pic

Quote:

Originally Posted by ANN
Alternative title:
When They Cry 3
When the Seagulls Cry
うみねこのなく頃に (Japanese)

Genres: horror, mystery

Plot Summary: Umineko no Naku Koro ni takes place in the year 1986, during the time frame of October 4 and October 5 on a secluded island named Rokkenjima (六軒島, Rokkenjima). The head of a wealthy family named Kinzo Ushiromiya, who lives on and owns Rokkenjima, is near death, and eight of his family members arrive on the island to discuss how Kinzo's assets will be divided once he is dead. Also on the island are three family members who live there, five of Kinzo's servants, and his personal physician. After the eight family members arrive, a typhoon traps them on the island and shortly after people start to get mysteriously murdered.

Ep1 is out, i know a lot of people are looking forward to this.

K1 07-02-2009 08:29 PM

Uu ;_;

Anime is going quite fast compared to the game imo

Hypocrisy 07-02-2009 08:37 PM

I'll probably check it out. I can't even remember the last dark/horror anime I've watched.

Shnao 07-02-2009 09:08 PM

Thanks for making the thread I was too lazy to make. :D +Rep!

<3 Umineko, the first episode is amazing. Two major tension arguments already in the first episode. +_+ Poor Natsuhi and Maria.

The OP is pretty nice and keeps the mysterious feeling constant compared to the last When They Cry series. The ED I don't care much for though. :/

iFarted 07-02-2009 10:11 PM

Oh snap. I've been looking forward to this.
Brb downloading

Beato 07-03-2009 12:57 AM

So what's wrong with Maria? It reminds me of something my little brother has, but it's probably something really different.

SlowBro 07-03-2009 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K1 (Post 885074)
Uu ;_;

Anime is going quite fast compared to the game imo

agreed うう ;_;

I'm glad maria doesn't look like she was drawn by ZUN anymore tho lol

PKShota 07-03-2009 04:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shnao (Post 885112)
Thanks for making the thread I was too lazy to make. :D +Rep!

<3 Umineko, the first episode is amazing. Two major tension arguments already in the first episode. +_+ Poor Natsuhi and Maria.

The OP is pretty nice and keeps the mysterious feeling constant compared to the last When They Cry series. The ED I don't care much for though. :/

Hmm, what to watch first. Higurashi or Umineko?

Apparently Higurashi Rei OVAs is gonna end on August 24 or something. So I'll take time on Umineko.

Heres the start of Episode 1 for you lazy people

Edit: see reason

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2yBSx4goNM

At the beginning before starting the episode (sponsors thing) Why does it say Square Enix?!

Shnao 07-03-2009 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neli (Post 885394)
So what's wrong with Maria? It reminds me of something my little brother has, but it's probably something really different.

She has this sensitivity to the paranormal.

Ascherit 07-03-2009 07:29 AM

I'm reading the manga atm. It's pretty kickass, lol.

Will watch anime later. `-`

K1 07-03-2009 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mongo (Post 885402)
agreed うう ;_;

Yeah she was like almost as tall as Battler when shes 9 ;_;

Maiyu 07-03-2009 10:17 PM

wow, anybody notice that the OP is quite similiar to the atelier iris series songs?

I really really like it :D

Watatsuki 07-04-2009 04:54 PM

I'm thinking of watching this series because I liked Higurashi (manga).

But I have bad internet so I don't know if I can catch up with everything if I download this.

And can someone who read ahead the manga or the VN assure me that there are no torturing and/or nail removers in this anime? (Or am asking the impossible?)

Dani 07-04-2009 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mongo (Post 885402)

I lol'd.

I've been looking forward to Umineko for a while now. Glad to see the anime's out.
Also, anyone else agree that the more mature looking artwork style fits the serious setting? I prefer the animation here then in Higurashi, lol. ;_;... But then again maybe thats because I prefer shota ( Kanon) over loli.

Hay gaiz, I bet Kanon will chase everyone around witha clever since he has a beret like Rena did in Higurashi. :py28:

Shnao 07-04-2009 09:24 PM

Yeah there's a lot of fanarts of Rena and Kanon together both holding cleavers. +_+

Paul 07-10-2009 10:49 AM

Hmm, still seems to be pretty slow and dull to me, ep2.

They didn't show enough gore.

Shisu 07-11-2009 08:54 AM

I enjoyed Ep2 tho. The killing suspense is finally starting.

WhatThePho 07-11-2009 08:30 PM

They sure killed off a lot of characters in just a single episode...

Nakigahara 07-11-2009 09:33 PM

AWESOME!!

I've been waiting for this for sooo long~~ I love the opening and the 2nd episode was pretty intense. I haven't played the games or read the manga so I have a lot of questions running through my mind at the moment~

Shiawase 07-23-2009 01:23 AM

Episode 4 was alright. Don't click the spoiler if you haven't watched the episode yet. ~_~

Spoiler!

Something that confuses me though, when the epitaph says at the first twilight, second twilight, etc, when IS a twilight? I thought it was midnight but that's not the case since a buttload of people have died in one episode.