ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Anime & Cartoons (http://ggftw.com/forum/anime-cartoons/)
-   -   Avatar The Last Airbender (http://ggftw.com/forum/anime-cartoons/4274-avatar-last-airbender.html)

DarkRayne 07-19-2008 03:06 PM

So who all has watched or still keeps up with this show?
They started showing new episodes of season 3 this week. Only got it recorded on my DVR but plan on watching them over the course of the next week.
Honestly, this show is among the best american animations on television.

HennaIkimono 07-19-2008 03:30 PM

I DVR recorded this series when I was playing, if I happen to see it while looking thru the Guide I'll start recording it.

Zyklon▀ 07-19-2008 04:42 PM

They only have 4 more episodes left of book 3, but they're all just 4 different parts of one huge episode of sozen's comet :(

Beato 07-19-2008 05:34 PM

OMG OMG IT ENDS TODAY I'M SO WATCHING IT IN 18 MINUTES
SAGDAGEFDHAETJKSDJGKSEGRKEBHKLEJKSVDASLWVHUBTEFASS DVGKGJKERA
*runs around and around on the ceiling*

Kowiz 07-19-2008 05:35 PM

I'm waiting for an hour before I watch it

*stab commercials*

VorpalBunny 07-19-2008 05:37 PM

The episode with the actors was disturbing. Fake Aang and fake Katara make me want to projectile vomit D:

Beato 07-19-2008 05:42 PM

"...and a surprisingly knowledgeable cabbage merchant."

That episode was really funny nonetheless, considering the episode before.

DanteXP 07-19-2008 06:13 PM

I only seen what was happening this week, so i dont know much.

Red 07-19-2008 06:46 PM

I still watch it, and it's one of the funniest cartoons out there.

xD

Solemn 07-19-2008 07:26 PM

I still have to wait an hour and a half... :( The movie looks great!

shanshantastic 07-19-2008 07:51 PM

omg....most epic...movie....EVAR

I must say Avatar had to go down as one of my favorite cartoons OF ALL TIME..Sozin's Comet was GREAT~~!!!

Beato 07-19-2008 07:57 PM

shikuu shikuu *sob*

It's finally over Q_Q

I demand extra of marriages, elaborations, and when Zuko finds his mummy D:

Kowiz 07-19-2008 07:57 PM

Azula went crazy

that wasn't too fun ;-;

fieryshadowcard 07-19-2008 08:03 PM

It's like the entire budget of the season--nay, the series--was poured into the very last four episodes. x_x

Epic is an understatement. For the first time, there was no fluctuation in anything. Everything was top notch the whole way through--animation, voice acting, dialogue (and I do mean the writing, which I usually criticized as coming off as forced or overly cliche'd at many different points), character insight (another of my strongest critiques), and action.

And the best part is--the hint of a cliffhanger looms in the air with a certain character's questions and the lack of resolution with another character. If it weren't for these two things, the end of the war against the Fire Nation would have wrapped up itself nicely, but I can't help thinking those two things were mentioned intentionally (and quite boldly at that) for a reason.

Perhaps a conflict bigger than the Fire Nation is on its way. A long time ago, I suspected the series would end on Book of Fire, but my friend thought there'd be a Book of Air for the sake of balance, although I argued with him that it would be unnecessary since Aang is Air, more or less. I wonder if he'll end up being right, after all.

@Kowiz: Azula going crazy was awesome. Especially if you perceive her the way I do.

DemiGodDanzig 07-19-2008 08:06 PM

i watched the whole first season and part of season 2.
im still trying to catch up :<
even though this cartoon was made for kids and whatnot,i can still find myself enjoying every episode.

Kowiz 07-19-2008 08:08 PM

I still want to see how they're going to make more air benders |:

He can take away bending, so therefore he should be able to give bending, right? :o

*gives everybody all the bending* ZOMG MORE AVATARS

Red 07-19-2008 08:17 PM

I didn't like the latest episode with the play >_>

Kinda lame

Kat 07-19-2008 08:17 PM

I was tempted to post about it. :(
It's an amazing show <3

I missed some of the first invasion though. >_>
I get to watch Sozen's Comet in 30 minutes. Q____Q
/dies

Katara really pissed me off this season, though. =/

Quote:

Originally Posted by VorpalBunny (Post 66768)
The episode with the actors was disturbing. Fake Aang and fake Katara make me want to projectile vomit D:

"YAY AVATAR STATE! YIP YIP"

Torikakae 07-19-2008 08:24 PM

I thought the end of Season 3 was when Aang was learning Fire Bending, and the story will continue on another season. I really thought Episode 13 of the Book of Fire was the last episode. Guess I was wrong~ How many episodes more before it ends?

Kowiz 07-19-2008 08:30 PM

18-21 is a 2 hour special, for the book3 finale