ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Anime & Cartoons (http://ggftw.com/forum/anime-cartoons/)
-   -   Gintama (http://ggftw.com/forum/anime-cartoons/373-gintama.html)

Miyuki 06-18-2008 04:26 AM

Gintama
 


Genre:- Action, Comedy, Fantasy, Parody
Descriptions:-
Quote:

Based on the popular manga by Hideaki Sorachi.

Sakata Gintoki is a samurai living in an era when samurais are no longer needed. To add to his troubles, oppressive aliens have moved in to invade. Gintoki lives with Kagura and Shinpachi, taking on odd jobs to make the world a better place...and to pay their rent.

-AnimeNewsNetwork
@ http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl...anime&aid=3468

Spoiler?


How come no one mentioned about this yet ;;

Catharsis 06-18-2008 06:51 AM

It's too much crack ;w;

Miyuki 06-18-2008 06:54 AM

^ already up to which epi you got now x3.

Yume 06-18-2008 07:39 AM

@_@; There is like... no real plot, lol. Each episode is pretty random unless it's part of an arc.

I find the anime really funny though. <3 Elizabeth and Katsura. XD

*has seen all the eps that are subbed so far* =o

Miyuki 06-18-2008 07:41 AM

Elizabeth is freaky *_* ...bazooka launcher, samurai...everything @_@

Catharsis 06-18-2008 08:37 AM

I have 10 episodes that I leeched from your server lol...

Khmer2k1d5 06-18-2008 09:55 AM

@____@;;

Looks like Kenshin came to the world of PoT while Godannar kills everything @_;

JC 06-18-2008 03:59 PM

Anime w/o plot is better than ones that have a plot and extend it for over several years. Gintama should be allowed to continue how it is, as its basically episodic. When series hit past its first season, they just tend to make things drag on until they turn into shit. Like Bleach, Naruto, Inuyasha, just a few samples.

Yume 06-18-2008 04:16 PM

I also like the sadist of the series...

...

...

whom's name slips away from me right now.. D:

Khmer2k1d5 06-18-2008 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JC (Post 4675)
Anime w/o plot is better than ones that have a plot and extend it for over several years. Gintama should be allowed to continue how it is, as its basically episodic. When series hit past its first season, they just tend to make things drag on until they turn into shit. Like Bleach, Naruto, Inuyasha, just a few samples.

Lolwut?


Bobobobobobo, I thought it was stupid @_@;

JC 06-18-2008 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by khmer2k1d5 (Post 4742)
Lolwut?


Bobobobobobo, I thought it was stupid @_@;

That was basically the point of the series. Unless saying "lets power up for several eps to take down ultimate enemy #4!"

I mean damn. Excel Saga made me laugh like hell. As well as other anime, they entertain me. It is when the things follow the typical formula w/o complex plots is when it fails.

Khmer2k1d5 06-18-2008 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JC (Post 4756)
That was basically the point of the series. Unless saying "lets power up for several eps to take down ultimate enemy #4!"

Lol, how about, "Ugh! We've fought for 5 episodes straight! I'm gonna kill you now! /BANKAI! Other guy is /dead."

JC 06-18-2008 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by khmer2k1d5 (Post 4764)
Lol, how about, "Ugh! We've fought for 5 episodes straight! I'm gonna kill you now! /BANKAI! Other guy is /dead."

Yeah that too, extensions to the fillers. However, kids eat it up as something great. It sells somehow and I guess that's why people praise it.

Khmer2k1d5 06-18-2008 04:29 PM

Lol, oh well. I like all action Anime. Maybe they just like the pointless hack and slash action given and see the character archetype as "cool." Maybe they just follow what they like and pay no attention to the greater story as most people give in to the small side quests.

JC 06-18-2008 04:32 PM

Indeed, where's the other series: Like Higurashi, Black Lagoon, Ergo Proxy and such? D: Why does it so far appear to be nothing but mainstream? >_>

Khmer2k1d5 06-18-2008 04:35 PM

Lol, is it me or do Anime's based on Manga's prolong the needed effect?

JC 06-18-2008 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by khmer2k1d5 (Post 4823)
Lol, is it me or do Anime's based on Manga's prolong the needed effect?

They do out of fear of catching up with the manga and somehow believe it makes it obsolete. The fact that most manga is censored from its original bloody/violent original manga format, is usually what makes seeing both. They also change certain plots or characters.

Khmer2k1d5 06-18-2008 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JC (Post 4809)
Indeed, where's the other series: Like Higurashi, Black Lagoon, Ergo Proxy and such? D: Why does it so far appear to be nothing but mainstream? >_>

I just noticed, weren't those all Geneon productions? Geneon shut down last year am I right?
Quote:

Originally Posted by JC (Post 4834)
They do out of fear of catching up with the manga and somehow believe it makes it obsolete. The fact that most manga is censored from its original bloody/violent original manga format, is usually what makes seeing both. They also change certain plots or characters.

The anime never catches up with the manga as people lose interest too fast and that sends the anime into a complete downfall of cancels and reruns.

Miyuki 06-18-2008 05:30 PM

Raw out around 11x epi @_@...

Senike 06-18-2008 07:12 PM

Shisen = 1-23 (Lulz Shisen dropped)
Rumbel = 23-?? (Lulz Rumbel picked up)

Gintama's one of my top 10. It's absolutely hilarious.
NEO ARMSTRONG CYCLONE JET ARMSTRONG CANON!!
<3 Elizabeth, lulz.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:24 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.