ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Anime & Cartoons (http://ggftw.com/forum/anime-cartoons/)
-   -   One Piece (http://ggftw.com/forum/anime-cartoons/29414-one-piece.html)

WafflyWaffles 11-25-2008 09:59 AM

One Piece

I saw there wasn't a One Piece thread so....

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/8484/0102nb0.jpg
http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/010...pg/1/w1032.png

Genre: adventure, anime, comedy, drama, fantasy, shounen

Description:
Quote:

Originally Posted by ANN
Plot Summary:
Luffy tries to gather a pirate crew to become a pirate king. They seek the legendary treasure "Onepiece"
Twenty two years ago, the legendary pirate, Gold Roger was executed. His final words told that his treasure known as "One Piece" was hidden somewhere on the Grand Line. This started the Age of Pirates. Now, twenty two years later, seventeen year old Monkey D. Luffy desires to find One Piece, and become the Pirate King. But to do this, he needs a crew.
Discuss about new Episodes,events, Dvd/Collectibles Releases, games, or anything else One Piece related :D
I hope i did this right >.<

Levin 11-25-2008 10:12 AM

I'd really like to see a consistent fansub group for this anime, it's pretty good and I like the fact that it's somewhat creative.

LiLMewmew 11-25-2008 12:41 PM

Discuss what? o.o
Like almost 400 episodes, and are they even close to One Piece yet? >_>

WafflyWaffles 11-25-2008 04:32 PM

apparently half way there from what i have heard XD
i think their near the New world at the moment which =half the grand line

and discuss anything really
Ex: whats happening in the anime such as what has happened in the most resent episode anything coming out stuff like that :o
mm ill edit the first post :<

DemiGodDanzig 11-25-2008 04:36 PM

love the manga,havent kept up with the anime though

WafflyWaffles 11-25-2008 04:42 PM

Yeah i read the manga mostly and sometimes watch the anime XD
Spoiler!

Paul 11-26-2008 06:11 AM

I think that snake lady or w/e will probably join the crew... lol at her with the hots for luffy? o_o

I haven't watch the anime since... um... the Arc before they get to the haunted place... a bit after the Enes Lobby Arc

WafflyWaffles 11-26-2008 10:25 AM

oh their was a filler after eneis lobby then they go too thriller bark i think in the anime

Lol hancock x luffy just plain weird, and luffy's asexual nature makes him not care at all or even notice XD

who knows oda might trick us and somebody else joins all in assumptions we will see when we reach the end of these arcs maybeXD

Levin 11-26-2008 11:18 AM

Well Hancock doesn't really match the description of any of the wanted crew members that Luffy wanted or does she?

WafflyWaffles 11-29-2008 11:22 PM

if no one has seen it yet short trailer of the next movie
best part is oda came up with the whole movie plot instead of just helping ;3

also yohohoho guess who is in it~:D

Paul 11-30-2008 07:02 AM

ive seen the trailer quite a ways back, i enjoy them, they're usually higher quality than the anime. Dislike how they made 8 and 9 just recapp's of Arcs or w/e that already happened.

WafflyWaffles 11-30-2008 10:38 AM

yeah at least this next one will have an original plot to it and not be a recapp like the last 2 XD

looks like it will be out next year but we probably wont get subs for quite a few months afterwards

Noctis 12-02-2008 06:15 AM

That movie kinda looks cool.

Anyway, I like this series. I've been reading the manga but haven't seen any of the anime.

As for Hancock joining the Straw Hats, I think he'd be open to it if Hancock ever got the courage to ask or if old lady Nyon explained that Hancock would literally die if she didn't go with him. I find it amazing that she was able to keep her composure with Luffy hiding where he did when she was boarding the Navy ship. Since she seems to have fallen so hard and is currently hiding in a corner of their room daydreaming about feeding Luffy and stuff.

WafflyWaffles 12-07-2008 03:21 PM

Quote:

oh god this omake is the best piece of one piece crack ever I love this so much :gar:
For those who want too read it here it is in order its only 3 pages so it wont even take 5 minutes too read

Zoro you make one pretty lady -giggle-
i copy and pasted this from my other post elsewhere cause im a lazy lazy girl :D

Paul 12-07-2008 03:30 PM

I lol'd o-O

Anyways, anyone keeping up with the anime? Id just like to know where it currently is :O

WafflyWaffles 12-07-2008 03:34 PM

its at the end of brookes past so basicly their at the very end of thriller bark i think heres the next episode preview
so you now:D

Hypocrisy 05-24-2009 03:11 AM

Bump for awesomeness. Why does this thread not have HUNDREDS of post?!

anyways

Episode 401 was awesome, anyone else notice the super saiyan sound effect when Luffy went Gear2nd?

Paul 05-24-2009 04:30 AM

Manga is win.

Old Bad Guys + New Good? Guys and Luffy = Epic.

Strikegundam 05-24-2009 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul (Post 841972)
Manga is win.

Old Bad Guys + New Good? Guys and Luffy = Epic.

i know..
When are they going to rescue Ace...
this is taking a while now..

Paul 05-24-2009 05:32 AM

yea, they're stalling the manga way too long.