10-20-2013   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
League of LegendsElsword

Loreli is on a distinguished road
IGN: Uyie
Default Kill la Kill

Quote:
Ryuuko Matoi carries a large weapon shaped like half of a pair of scissors. She's looking for the woman with the other half, who killed her father. Satsuki Kiryuuin, student council president of Honnouji Academy, is said to know the woman's identity, so Ryuuko transfers there. Those who arrive at the school receive a special "goku uniform," and Satsuki has used that power to rule the school in fear.

There are only three episodes so far but it's looking good for me. The artstyle isn't SAO or anything but it's not ugly. There are funny moments and serious moments.

I think my friend put it best when he said, 'don't take it seriously, then it's one of the best anime this season'.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
10-20-2013   #2 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
MabinogiDC Universe OnlineVindictusLineage II
Awards Admin AwardStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Harlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Harlequin Send a message via MSN to Harlequin Send a message via Skype™ to Harlequin
IGN: Kirinne
Class: Grenadier lt_treasurehunter
Guild: <Databased>
Xfire: glarbage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loreli

There are only three episodes so far but it's looking good for me. The artstyle isn't SAO or anything but it's not ugly. There are funny moments and serious moments.

I think my friend put it best when he said, 'don't take it seriously, then it's one of the best anime this season'.
Studio TRIGGER was created by people that left Gainax so if that helps you understand the art style and manners of speaking etc then well, there you go. The art ranges from old school Japanese cartoon style (note: cartoon, not anime) to full fledged gorgeous fffing animation with all the fine (sexy) details.

10-20-2013   #3 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

This season's hyper popular overrated show to overshadow everything else.

Spoiler!

10-20-2013   #4 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Awards Admin AwardStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Harlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Harlequin Send a message via MSN to Harlequin Send a message via Skype™ to Harlequin

My anime folder for fall 2013 is so jam packed its almost embarrassing.

10-21-2013   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
LuniaSilkroad OnlineDynasty Warriors OnlineTales of Fantasy

Saibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of light

During the first half of episode 1, I was about to drop this one but I enjoyed the show later.
It reminds me a bit of Panty & Stocking which also shouldn´t be taken seriously.

10-21-2013   #6 (permalink)
Feeling nostalgic, huh?
Games
Trickster OnlinePangyaAuditionzOMG!
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerFacebook FanPervert Award

Gaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Gaap
IGN: Makina
Class: Multi-Character to_boxer
Level: Pro D
Guild: Magika

Trigger.. Gurren Lagon, PSG-like vibes.. And who also gave us Little Witch Academia.

I saw pages from the Newtype JP I recently bought (Oct. 2013 issue) for the sake of that "Magical Newtype" booklet novelty, but oh man talking sailor fuku and epic battle scenes in THREE EPISODES! I felt like returning to Daten High, only more zany. Fanservice did not bother me, but I love the interesting take in messaging "female empowerment in the male gaze world" kind of thing. To tired to even think of an essay, so I'll wait till anime feminists had something to say.

Also sorry for the absences.

10-21-2013   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Counter-Strike OnlineTrickster OnlineProject BlackoutLeague of Legends

iTaker has a reputation beyond reputeiTaker has a reputation beyond reputeiTaker has a reputation beyond reputeiTaker has a reputation beyond reputeiTaker has a reputation beyond reputeiTaker has a reputation beyond reputeiTaker has a reputation beyond reputeiTaker has a reputation beyond reputeiTaker has a reputation beyond reputeiTaker has a reputation beyond reputeiTaker has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: iTaker
Level: 30

Basically whats already been said. It's over the top but so was gurren lagann and I loved that. It's fan service but again, not bad.

<3 Katamari, Complexity, 7N, Ecks T.C. <3

10-21-2013   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
League of LegendsElsword

I usually dont like that blatant fan service but the comedy overpowers it for me, so it's okay.

10-21-2013   #9 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaap
Fanservice did not bother me, but I love the interesting take in messaging "female empowerment in the male gaze world" kind of thing. To tired to even think of an essay, so I'll wait till anime feminists had something to say.
Stop right there.

10-21-2013   #10 (permalink)
hibernating
Special
Games
All Point Bulletin (APB)GunboundTwelve Sky 2Grand Fantasia

Henreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Henreh
Class: Bro lt_warlord
Level: 21

Wtb the fight scene theme.

10-21-2013   #11 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

Sayde is an unknown quantity at this point

One of the shows that surprised me to keep watching. At some point, I took it seriously, but now, I just popcorn everything it does. Haha. Just sit back and absorb.

11-03-2013   #12 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
League of LegendsElsword

This week's episode added some depth to the show I'd say. New hunk man joins the show.

11-03-2013   #13 (permalink)
Benevolent Misfortune
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineGunboundLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Sanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud of
IGN: Sanichi
Class: Scholar
Level: 50
Guild: FrenchBread

Am I the only one who was reminded of Dante Basco by this guy?

--—Frenchbread is

11-03-2013   #14 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
League of LegendsElsword

I sort of hope he ends up being a love interest but who knows what they do. But I definitely feel like that's what they're building towards. Like them two vs Satsuki's army.

11-04-2013   #15 (permalink)
Feeling nostalgic, huh?
Games
Trickster OnlinePangyaAuditionzOMG!
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerFacebook FanPervert Award

Gaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Gaap
IGN: Makina
Class: Multi-Character to_boxer
Level: Pro D
Guild: Magika

Mako has to many win points for me. This show is getting way to good that I don't even care about a single cent of "fanservice".

Also new character to introduce to keep the suspense and development growing, wooo!

I seriously LOVE the use of classical tunes into the anime. I feel nostalgic for some reason.

11-04-2013   #16 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaap
Mako has to many win points for me. This show is getting way to good that I don't even care about a single cent of "fanservice".

Also new character to introduce to keep the suspense and development growing, wooo!

I seriously LOVE the use of classical tunes into the anime. I feel nostalgic for some reason.
Not like anyone can make claims of sexism anyway. Same thing I told Ethane, everybody gets naked.

EDIT: Also, thought he might've been her brother for a while there.

11-16-2013   #17 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
League of LegendsElsword

Mako OP. I want to learn more about the effects of the kamui taking in life fibres.

01-10-2014   #18 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
League of LegendsElsword

Season 2 just started with a phenomenal twist. Something so.. idek.. was totally caught off guard and I'm waiting to see how it plays out.

01-10-2014   #19 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

omg is he gonna make her a member of nudist beach?? LOL I HOPE

you know its either gonna be that or she's gonna go on a quest to retrieve the pieces

01-11-2014   #20 (permalink)
hibernating
Special
Games
All Point Bulletin (APB)GunboundTwelve Sky 2Grand Fantasia

Henreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Henreh
Class: Bro lt_warlord
Level: 21

Senketsu is going to start eating clothes and go TTGL super mecha on everyone.