Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
05-03-2013   #1 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
MabinogiDC Universe OnlineVindictusLineage II
Awards Admin AwardMost Valuable StaffStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Harlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Harlequin Send a message via MSN to Harlequin Send a message via Skype™ to Harlequin
IGN: Cecilia Juelle
Class: Monk/Goldsmith lt_treasurehunter
Level: 50
Guild: Rapscallions
Xfire: glarbage
Default ggFTW Anime Club May Anime Discussion Thread

Our anime for the month of May is:

The Wolf Children Ame and Yuki
Feel free to click the title for information!

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
05-03-2013   #2 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

evilxshadow has a spectacular aura aboutevilxshadow has a spectacular aura about

to me the movie was so good

05-05-2013   #3 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
MabinogiDC Universe OnlineVindictusLineage II
Awards Admin AwardMost Valuable StaffStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Harlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Harlequin Send a message via MSN to Harlequin Send a message via Skype™ to Harlequin
IGN: Cecilia Juelle
Class: Monk/Goldsmith lt_treasurehunter
Level: 50
Guild: Rapscallions
Xfire: glarbage

I watched the film a couple months back, definitely a touching story of growing up and adapting to your circumstances. Hana was absolutely a fantastic character, at least in my opinion, right up until near the end of the story. Now granted, I completely understand that her children are half wolf, but I still don't feel like letting her son go off at the age of 10 to live in the mountain was... well, right? It didn't feel right, to me.

Also I loved how only Hana's crops weren't getting eaten up by the wild pigs. OH GOD, MY KIDS PEED ALL OVER THE PROPERTY.

05-05-2013   #4 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Special
Games
Guild Wars 2LuniaConquer OnlineElsword
Awards Most Valuable StaffAdmin AwardMoM AwardPervert AwardTHE CHAMP

Light is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervert
IGN: Light, Yucie
Class: Kanna
Level: 208

Wow a decent sounding anime released recently that is not a carbon copy of everything else and completely fanservice based.

Finally something to watch.

+Rep if I help you. | Guides: Lunia's Client Editing Guide / How to ggFTW!

05-25-2013   #5 (permalink)
-
Special
Games
FlyFFAngels OnlineKitsu SagaSecret of the Solstice
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerEvents RegularSotW JuniorHarem JuniorDetail DetectiveFinders, KeepersTHE CHAMP

Almora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Almora

Wow, the motifs and life lessons in this one are really profound. Absolutely a wonderful movie.

1. I was pretty surprised at the sex scene, mostly because I thought he would at least stay in his human form. However, looking beyond the bestiality, the lesson here is that true love knows bounds. True love is unconditional, true love is when the emotional intimacy reigns supreme over the superficial aspects.

2. Hana remained an emotionally strong character throughout the movie. Just as everything seemed to fall in place like a fairytale, I knew something loomed on the horizon. After her baby daddy met misfortune, she became a single mother of two children, and had to shoulder the burden all by herself. The emotional struggles of single parenthood AND raising wolf children definitely gave this movie an emotional edge. Even though at times when Hana's uncertainty was rearing its head, she never forgot to smile. It was pretty inspiring when all the neighbors came to her aid, especially the grumpy old man lol.
...I completely understand that her children are half wolf, but I still don't feel like letting her son go off at the age of 10 to live in the mountain was... well, right? It didn't feel right, to me.
3. Aside from the fact that this takes place in the anime universe, the movie is a great big metaphor. So in saying that, every scene you see at face value has a deeper meaning. I agree that it was pretty weird letting her 10yr old run off like that, but it's mainly about parents, in this case, mothers learning to let go of their children and being able to accept that they are adults now. This was pretty much the main theme of the movie, "what is adulthood?" This movie resonates with all the single mothers, but ultimately, parents and children. Hana is probably suffering from empty nest syndrome u_u .

4. I seriously thought she died in that 1 scene where she was back in the flower fields with her hubby. How can you NOT die after falling 1000ft and then waking up in 7th heaven omg. :animes:

5. It was sad seeing Yuki lose her cheerfulness when she gradually grew up because she couldn't come to terms with her wolf side. Same with Ame, he was so meek and cute in the beginning("will you comfort me again" was cuteness overload), but now he's all depressed and emotionally distant because of that story he read(which triggered his identity crisis). Lastly, I think Yuki represents the adolescent desire to fit into society and wanting to be accepted, while on the other hand, Ame represents the journey of identity and independence, which leads to that "this is what I want to be when I grow up" moment some of us are familiar with. Their fight was brutal, but I think both of these siblings give justice to the reality of adolescence(ex: Erikson's stages of identity crisis). I can certainly relate.

this was super sad:
Spoiler!

8/10.