Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation
Default Danganronpa

Quote:
Special high school students throughout Japan are transferred to Kibougamine Academy because they excel above all other students in a certain way. The protagonist, Naegi Makoto (excels in Luck) arrives on the first day of class only to fall unconscious after he steps through the gates. When he wakes up, he meets up with 14 other students who went through the same experience, and they find that all possible exits have been sealed shut.

The 15 are then informed by Monokuma, a black and white robot bear who appears to be behind the whole affair, that they are playing a game and the only way for them to leave the school is to "graduate". To do so, they must kill another student and get away with it. A trial will be held after a corpse is found, and if the culprit is found guilty, they will be executed and the game will continue. If they are found innocent, they will graduate and be able to leave, while the rest of the cast gets executed in their place...
It's a Phoenix Wright anime...crossed with Umineko and the likes. What is there not to like? Supposed to air this summer.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
04-09-2013   #2 (permalink)
Derpin' Herpin'
Games
LuniaSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterRusty HeartsAika Online
Awards MoM Award

Metty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Metty

This amuses me since just the other day a friend mentioned he was trying to get enough people to try to fandub the game.

04-10-2013   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Shadow5YA has disabled reputation
IGN: ColdShadow
Class: Yuki lu_yuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoflKnife
It's a Phoenix Wright anime...crossed with Umineko and the likes. What is there not to like? Supposed to air this summer.
The fact that most game adaptations suck and with 13 episode seasons being the standard now, there will be pacing issues and not enough time to cover everything that needs to be covered?

I do like the series, but I'm keeping my expectations low for the anime.

04-10-2013   #4 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games

You should have already worked out 1 cour would be impossible...has to be 2. Plot doesn't have anything tricky that is only easily done via game, so at the very least it should be decent...you know, barring the chance they somehow completely screw up.

04-10-2013   #5 (permalink)
hibernating
Special
Games
All Point Bulletin (APB)GunboundTwelve Sky 2Grand Fantasia

Henreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Henreh
Class: Bro lt_warlord
Level: 21

Read the summary and immediately thought Mirai Nikki without the time bs?

04-11-2013   #6 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henreh
Read the summary and immediately thought Mirai Nikki without the time bs?
Enjoy your OBJECTION instead, and a "cornered" theme too. Better twists and stronger plot too if you ask me.

04-11-2013   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoflKnife
You should have already worked out 1 cour would be impossible...has to be 2.
Showgate [International Sales and Licensing]

30min x 13eps

04-11-2013   #8 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA

05-25-2013   #9 (permalink)
wow so scare
Games
Emil Chronicle OnlineGrand ChaseMabinogiLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardGrand Signature Champion AwardSotW Junior

Shnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond repute

lolbump.

Sorry, but my friend has been getting all excited and shit over this series since she and her tumblr friends have been fangasming over the game as well. After hearing her explanation of the plot, I'm kinda looking forward to the series too, and I mean, I'm a Umineko/horror genre fan already so what's there not to love? <3

Also, the character art looks so ****ing awesome, IMO. Just about a little over a month til expected release date!

07-04-2013   #10 (permalink)
Belay that order!
Games
ElswordGrand ChaseTrickster OnlineMabinogi
Awards Event WinnerLucky StreakPervert Award

Veloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant future

Subs out soon.
Sites are hyping this up so much I'm getting tired of hearing about it.

07-04-2013   #11 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

There's a full fan translation patch for the game released not too long ago, so I'm just playing that instead of watching a rushed adaptation by the same guys who made the Devil Survivor 2 anime trainwreck.

07-04-2013   #12 (permalink)
Derpin' Herpin'
Games
LuniaSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterRusty HeartsAika Online
Awards MoM Award

Metty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Metty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veloze
Sites are hyping this up so much
Expect it to be terrible like Attack on Titan then.

07-05-2013   #13 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
LuniaSilkroad OnlineDynasty Warriors OnlineTales of Fantasy

Saibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of light

During the first episode I didnŽt see anything hype worthy. Lots of quirky characters who will die anyway(?), so why should I bother remembering their names?
The MC seems to be the typical boring, nice but weak guy. I hope he gets killed by the blue haired dudette he seems to like.

Maybe IŽll try out the game.

07-05-2013   #14 (permalink)
Belay that order!
Games

Veloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant future

Just watched the first ep and I can't say much about it, besides "everyone's a walking stereotype." It'll probably evolve into some horrible trainwreck in a few episodes.

At least the OP and ED are pretty cool.

07-05-2013   #15 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
MabinogiDC Universe OnlineVindictusLineage II
Awards Admin AwardStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Harlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Harlequin Send a message via MSN to Harlequin Send a message via Skype™ to Harlequin
IGN: Cecilia Juelle
Class: Monk/Goldsmith lt_treasurehunter
Level: 50
Guild: Rapscallions
Xfire: glarbage

k so we got introduced to the characters KINDA and got to see the plot device driving the show

seems alright but its gonna need to get way more interesting for me to stick to it past like ep 4.

07-05-2013   #16 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veloze
Just watched the first ep and I can't say much about it, besides "everyone's a walking stereotype." It'll probably evolve into some horrible trainwreck in a few episodes.
Depends whether they change the story or not, which will definitely be revealed next ep. I can't see the original story being condensed in 13 episodes.

Maybe they can at least pull the courtroom cases off right.

07-06-2013   #17 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

With how rushed the intro is, I'm guessing they're skipping all free time events and are just going to rush through one murder case after another.

Supposedly there was an interview somewhere where they confirm that they're going to follow the source material this time, but I honestly can't completely trust the staff after what they did to Devil Survivor 2.

07-12-2013   #18 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games

Welp, guess they're following the original story. The OP's visual and lyrics match very well with the theme and story. Next ep is a make or break on pulling off the trials, will determine if the adaptation has any chance of being decent.

07-12-2013   #19 (permalink)
Belay that order!
Games

rushed as hell but with like 13 eps what're you going to do?
2 down already. expected at least the blue haired chick to stay alive longer. the phoenix wright fan in me wanted to see the evidence examined a little bit too

07-13-2013   #20 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
LuniaSilkroad OnlineDynasty Warriors OnlineTales of Fantasy

Saibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of light
Default Ep 02

After playing the game up to the beginning of the fourth chapter, I can understand why this show was hyped, since the game is really good.
Though the high pace of the anime can be quite a big problem. They cut out the Free Time events and fast forwarded the investigation, so the characters wonŽt have any background / depth and will remain pretty much hollow. Who cares if one of them gets killed? This will be like killing some random NPCs in a video game and you wonŽt feel sorry a single bit.

PS: Pink blood in the anime? Seriously? Beeing close to the original is usually a good thing, but this is unnecesary.