Prius Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
04-07-2013   #1 (permalink)
Belay that order!
Games
ElswordGrand ChaseTrickster OnlineMabinogi
Awards Event WinnerLucky StreakPervert Award

Veloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant future
Default Suisei no Gargantia

Type: TV
Episodes: 12
Aired: Apr 7, 2013 to ?
Producers: Production I.G, Yomiuri Telecasting Corporation, Lantis
Genres: Sci-Fi

Quote:
The story begins in the distant future in the far reaches of the galaxy. The Human Galactic Alliance has been constantly fighting for its survival against a grotesque race of beings called "Hidiaazu." During an intense battle, the young lieutenant Redo and his humanoid mobile weapon Chamber are swallowed up into a distortion of time and space. Waking from his artificially induced hibernation, Redo realizes that he has arrived on Earth, the planet on the lost frontier. On this planet that was completely flooded by the seas, people live in fleets of giant ships, salvaging relics from the seas' depths in order to survive. Redo arrives on one of the fleets called Gargantia. With no knowledge of the planet's history or culture, he is forced to live alongside Amy, a 15-year-old girl who serves as a messenger aboard the Gargantia fleet. To Redo, who has lived a life where he knows nothing but fighting, these days of peace continue to surprise him.

First episode's out and it's pretty nice. Really digging the action sequences and the setting.
Definitely one of the more promising anime this season.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
04-07-2013   #2 (permalink)
a.k.a. Nyekun

Paul is just really nicePaul is just really nicePaul is just really nicePaul is just really nicePaul is just really nice

Character design by Hanaharu Naruko who mostly does hentai manga. Directed by Gen Urobuchi (Madoka, Fate/Zero, Psycho Pass).

One of the many hyped shows for this season.

Love the usage of colors. First half was a bore. Second half was great. Hate the mecha designs. Love the character designs.

My Anime List / Playstation Network - Niikun

04-07-2013   #3 (permalink)
-
Special
Games
FlyFFAngels OnlineKitsu SagaSecret of the Solstice
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerEvents RegularSotW JuniorHarem JuniorDetail DetectiveFinders, KeepersTHE CHAMP

Almora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Almora

1:

i was trying to figure out wth they were fighting against in the beginning and the 2nd half was funny. i like it so far.

04-07-2013   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

ArchMeister is on a distinguished road

Since the character designer mostly does Hentai, does that mean we're in for another fully fan served anime? >.<

I hope not. I'd rather love the anime for the story, not the images.

04-08-2013   #5 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
MabinogiDC Universe OnlineVindictusLineage II
Awards Admin AwardStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Harlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Harlequin Send a message via MSN to Harlequin Send a message via Skype™ to Harlequin
IGN: Cecilia Juelle
Class: Monk/Goldsmith lt_treasurehunter
Level: 50
Guild: Rapscallions
Xfire: glarbage

Yeah one episode in and it's my favorite this season thus far. Excited for more.

04-08-2013   #6 (permalink)
[ うそつき ] M e m o i r
Games
Grand ChaseMapleStoryRagnarok OnlineRequiem
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerSotW Junior

Pshfrk has much to be proud ofPshfrk has much to be proud ofPshfrk has much to be proud ofPshfrk has much to be proud ofPshfrk has much to be proud ofPshfrk has much to be proud ofPshfrk has much to be proud ofPshfrk has much to be proud ofPshfrk has much to be proud ofPshfrk has much to be proud of
IGN: Tsurukie
Class: Eir lu_eir
Guild: Titans

I like the Pocahontas female clothing o:

First part was kind of . . . Meh, since I'm not really into mechas, but then, savage blue eyed girl appeared and I got more substance, so I'll stick around ~

04-09-2013   #7 (permalink)
Lord of the Ceilings!
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineGrand ChaseLegend of Edda
Awards Staff AwardEvent WinnerMoM AwardDetail Detective

BoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: RandomPerson
Class: Saint lt_guardian
Level: 195
Guild: FrenchBread

for some reason second episode is out o3o not a good quality but i dont really mind xD

still dont really like the robot design at all, but the episode was good. red killed the pirates at the end and it seems like everyone is going to get on his case about that next episode. looking forward to it /o/

04-09-2013   #8 (permalink)
a.k.a. Nyekun

Paul is just really nicePaul is just really nicePaul is just really nicePaul is just really nicePaul is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredomKillz
for some reason second episode is out o3o not a good quality but i dont really mind xD

During a anime expo on March 30/31, Bandai gave away 8000 blu-ray copies that included Ep1 and 2.

My Anime List / Playstation Network - Niikun

04-09-2013   #9 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlequin
Yeah one episode in and it's my favorite this season thus far. Excited for more.
Same here. I wanna know how it will turn out. I'm kind of curious if Ledo's people would be able to locate him and get him back. I'm also curious about the origin of the enemy they were battling in ep1. Who knows, maybe Ledo's location could be related?

04-13-2013   #10 (permalink)
-
Special
Games
FlyFFAngels OnlineKitsu SagaSecret of the Solstice
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerEvents RegularSotW JuniorHarem JuniorDetail DetectiveFinders, KeepersTHE CHAMP

Almora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Almora

2:

omg bevel is a real cutie *pets* i can't believe that pirate scum just ripped that girl's tank top off >_>

gogo Red!

04-14-2013   #11 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

There, I saved you an hour.

I like how the scenery and characters look vibrant and colorful, while the mechs make me want to commit sudoku, and the battles make me want to vomit colour all over my screen.

04-14-2013   #12 (permalink)
(<ゝω・)☆
Special
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterVindictusLuniaRakion: Chaos Force

Blizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to behold
IGN: Blizt

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoflKnife
I like how the scenery and characters look vibrant and colorful, while the mechs make me want to commit sudoku, and the battles make me want to vomit colour all over my screen.
What's wrong with the mechs and battles? o.O

04-14-2013   #13 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
MabinogiDC Universe OnlineVindictusLineage II
Awards Admin AwardStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Harlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Harlequin Send a message via MSN to Harlequin Send a message via Skype™ to Harlequin
IGN: Cecilia Juelle
Class: Monk/Goldsmith lt_treasurehunter
Level: 50
Guild: Rapscallions
Xfire: glarbage

Ep 2 you wait 20 minutes for anything of actual substance to happen. I mean it's still pretty though.

04-14-2013   #14 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizt
What's wrong with the mechs and battles? o.O
The mechs are pretty ugly, and they don't have the excuse of being practical either.

Meanwhile, 50 bajillion colors, super messy, it's like a disco.

04-14-2013   #15 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Quote:
The mechs are pretty ugly, and they don't have the excuse of being practical either.

Meanwhile, 50 bajillion colors, super messy, it's like a disco.
I don't think the mechs are really ugly, though I think they can still improve in the design. What disturbs me is that round globe that materializes above them just so they can fly.

Not sure about how I feel about ep2. I mean c'mon, being able to target individual soldiers? How would you categorize them as friendly or for? Would they be considered foe because they're carrying weapons, because of their clothes or because of their mindsets? I highly doubt my third opinion since there were no indications that "Chamber" had the ability to "read" an individual's mind.

04-15-2013   #16 (permalink)
Derpin' Herpin'
Games
LuniaSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterRusty HeartsAika Online
Awards MoM AwardPervert Award

Metty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Metty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchMeister
I don't think the mechs are really ugly, though I think they can still improve in the design. What disturbs me is that round globe that materializes above them just so they can fly.

Not sure about how I feel about ep2. I mean c'mon, being able to target individual soldiers? How would you categorize them as friendly or for? Would they be considered foe because they're carrying weapons, because of their clothes or because of their mindsets? I highly doubt my third opinion since there were no indications that "Chamber" had the ability to "read" an individual's mind.
We have modern tagging technology that does pretty much the same thing. A good dose of the crew were all in the same room as the mech, and more of them once they were outside thus giving him ample enough time to tag them. Plus body positions in a hostage situations with pirates using what looks like to be thermal scanning wouldn't make it that hard. They have mastery over quantum explosives and wormholes and simple FoF identification is what you're worried about?

04-15-2013   #17 (permalink)
Retired
Special
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterTrickster OnlineLa TaleGunbound
Awards Retired Forum Moderator

zgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to zgmfx19a
IGN: Nek0 / Nek0Yasha(RIP)
Class: Zooks

Quote:
Bipedal mechs are never practical in the first place. Just saying.

04-15-2013   #18 (permalink)
(<ゝω・)☆
Special
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterVindictusLuniaRakion: Chaos Force

Blizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to behold
IGN: Blizt

Quote:
Most people I know seem to hate the mech design because of that big round head...personally I have no problem with the design at all.

Also, that globe thing above its head appears to be able to alter or create gravity, notice how in ep2 when Chamber was flying slightly above the ocean, the water was pulled up?

Quote:
While I'm no expert on this, I'm guessing Chamber probably ran a bunch of speculation tests, like scanning for any possible weapons on them, each individual's body position, if they shown sign of being restrained...etc., basically enough test to conclude if they're friends or foes.

Obviously when you got a computer to do the work, no matter how high its AI is, there are bound to be some accidental mistake happening sometimes, but in that era with their high technology, they probably minimized that chance to be as low as possible...

04-15-2013   #19 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metty
We have modern tagging technology that does pretty much the same thing. A good dose of the crew were all in the same room as the mech, and more of them once they were outside thus giving him ample enough time to tag them. Plus body positions in a hostage situations with pirates using what looks like to be thermal scanning wouldn't make it that hard. They have mastery over quantum explosives and wormholes and simple FoF identification is what you're worried about?
I agree that it's something similar to a thermal scan though it's surely not since thermal scans can only penetrate to a certain range. But if it is indeed a thermal scan, he's got some VERY sensitive gear (which I won't be surprised with considering their tech level).

Wasn't able to consider tagging the crew while they were still at the ship. That clears up a lot. However, I still can't help thinking about the crew in the hijacked ship who were in hiding. If they weren't tagged and were in hiding, it would present a highly erroneous situation in identifying friend from foe. Although, I'm not that worried since the neither episodes showed any trace of their weaponry being that agile and being able to bend. I think those who were vaporized were only from a direct line of sight from Chamber.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizt
Most people I know seem to hate the mech design because of that big round head...personally I have no problem with the design at all.

Also, that globe thing above its head appears to be able to alter or create gravity, notice how in ep2 when Chamber was flying slightly above the ocean, the water was pulled up?

While I'm no expert on this, I'm guessing Chamber probably ran a bunch of speculation tests, like scanning for any possible weapons on them, each individual's body position, if they shown sign of being restrained...etc., basically enough test to conclude if they're friends or foes.

Obviously when you got a computer to do the work, no matter how high its AI is, there are bound to be some accidental mistake happening sometimes, but in that era with their high technology, they probably minimized that chance to be as low as possible...
Yep. It's obvious that gravity alteration is what that globe does. But with such technology, couldn't it have been something a little more discreet? hehe.. I was thinking maybe it can just be a back pack or some sort of device mounted on Chamber's head. I have no problem with the head like you assumed. Can't say the same for the body though. It reminds me of SD Gundams. hahaha..

I think your theory regarding friend or foe differentiation, coupled with the tagging system with a thermal scan theories mentioned by Metty are most probably the methods that Chamber used for target selection. It won't surprise me if there're other methods, though I'd like to hear them.

04-15-2013   #20 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games

They have a computer that is able to translate a language based on extrapolation and calculations via hearing the language being used. And the computer is at probably around half the size of the actual mech, or even smaller. The AI is also advanced enough to be able to form logical thoughts and etc.

How FoF was identified is probably the least most important question that could be asked.