Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
02-07-2013   #1 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
MabinogiDC Universe OnlineVindictusLineage II
Awards Most Valuable StaffAdmin AwardStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Harlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Harlequin Send a message via MSN to Harlequin Send a message via Skype™ to Harlequin
IGN: Cecilia Juelle
Class: Monk/Goldsmith lt_treasurehunter
Level: 50
Guild: Rapscallions
Xfire: glarbage
Default ggFTW Anime Club February Anime Discussion Thread

Our anime for the month of February is:

Grave of the Fireflies
Feel free to click the title for information!

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
02-09-2013   #2 (permalink)
Feeling nostalgic, huh?
Games
Trickster OnlinePangyaAuditionzOMG!
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerFacebook FanPervert Award

Gaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Gaap
IGN: Makina
Class: Multi-Character to_boxer
Level: Pro D
Guild: Magika

While I can list the movies from Studio Ghibil that I have watched, this gem was the one I have not watched yet. Though what I can say is that I know I will cry like a sap since I am overally sensitive on emotional scenes.

*Yes an excuse to begin "discussion".*

02-09-2013   #3 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
MabinogiDC Universe OnlineVindictusLineage II
Awards Most Valuable StaffAdmin AwardStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Harlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Harlequin Send a message via MSN to Harlequin Send a message via Skype™ to Harlequin
IGN: Cecilia Juelle
Class: Monk/Goldsmith lt_treasurehunter
Level: 50
Guild: Rapscallions
Xfire: glarbage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaap
While I can list the movies from Studio Ghibil that I have watched, this gem was the one I have not watched yet. Though what I can say is that I know I will cry like a sap since I am overally sensitive on emotional scenes.

*Yes an excuse to begin "discussion".*
Yeah, this is definitely one of the more powerful films from Studio Ghibli, though it doesn't get much play in America, since it's a bit darker (and kind of anti-American duhuhu). But yeah, interesting fact: this film is the only Studio Ghibli that Disney didn't get the rights to distribute, because it was produced by the novel's original publisher instead of the normal company.

Regardless, definitely a must-watch film from Studio Ghibli.

02-27-2013   #4 (permalink)
-
Special
Games
FlyFFAngels OnlineKitsu SagaSecret of the Solstice
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerEvents RegularSotW JuniorHarem JuniorDetail DetectiveFinders, KeepersTHE CHAMP

Almora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Almora

truly 1 of the best anime movies ever 2 be created

the scene(s) where the maggots r crawlin out of their bandaged mother still gives me haunting chills. the bloody body just scares me so much, i can't handle the guro e.e

this was the most powerful nd heartbreakin scene in the whole movie 4 me:

"she never woke up."

it still is bc the 1st time, i thought she was starved 2 the point where she ATE DIRT which just broke my heart. but after rewatchin i can hear the clackin so it was just rocks but that doesn't matter bc the entire dyin scene was just ofmg T___________________T

honestly im still mad @ seita 4 leavin their relative's house even if they were being treated badly bc he could've just sucked it up.